PDA

View Full Version : Gov. DeSantis Appeals Court Ruling Against Ban On School Mask Mandates

Gunny
09-04-2021, 10:18 AM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 8:25 PM PT – Friday, September 3, 2021Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has continued to fight for parents’ freedoms. On Thursday, DeSantis appealed a judge’s ruling against his order banning public schools from requiring students to mask-up.
The appeal put the ruling on hold, effectively reinstating the ban on mask mandates until a higher court rules on the case. However, plaintiffs have begun petitioning the court allow the judge’s ruling to stay in place pending the high court’s decision.
The lawsuit was filed by concerned parents who argued the virus still poses a risk to children under the age of 12 and who are not yet eligible to be vaccinated. Although, DeSantis has argued the best policy is to allow parents to opt-out of putting masks on their kids if that’s what they think is best for them.

In the meantime, the court of appeals isn’t expected to make a ruling on the lawsuit until mid-November.
https://www.oann.com/gov-desantis-appeals-court-ruling-against-ban-on-school-mask-mandates/I do not understand what DeSantis, and Abbott for that matter, are hoping to achieve being such dicks about this. It's as much government overreach as anything the leftweenies do. I foresee a real good chance of alienating independents.

Last thing we need here is dems taking over the state and running it into the ground like they have every other state they've gotten their hands on.

SassyLady
09-04-2021, 03:51 PM
I firmly believe in a parent's right to mask their child if that's what they feel is necessary. If they don't want their child to abide by the school's mandates .. whether for or against, they can take their children out of school. Same as taking your business elsewhere if you don't agree.

JakeStarkey
09-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Once the judges stop giggling, it will be, like, "no, Death Sentence DeSantis, just sit down and be quiet."