PDA

View Full Version : Nurses refusing the vaccine

jimnyc
09-04-2021, 10:25 AM
My opinion may differ on this one, but it's just that, just an opinion.

My stance from the beginning was that the nurses should get vaccinated along with everyone else in a medical facility. It's the last place I want to go to and up getting sick.

It IS a tough choice as they point out, but they have that choice.

It's true that they worked all along prior without the vaccination and now they are making them expendable. Simple fact is - no one had that option previously and we still needed workers, so they did the best they could masking up and using all the appropriate equipment afforded to them. Then out came the vaccines, and now there is no longer a need to take that chance on getting patients sick.

And if any of these nurses truly think the vaccine is that bad then what were they telling patients? Why inject them or go along with any of it if you think its that bad?

And at the end of the day it's a choice one has to make, and they of all people should understand the exposure and liability they are placing upon the hospital.

---

Nurses Are Being Fired for Refusing the COVID Vaccine. Read Their Heartbreaking Stories.

To vax or not to vax? That is the question. As you know by now, that is a question many people are considering in conjunction with “to work or not to work.” Depending on your location, chances are that you, or someone you know or know of, has been given the choice to take the jabs or take the walk of shame out of the building with a box full of personal effects. It is a tough choice, and even healthcare workers are not exempt. In fact, the Oregon Nurses Association reported on Wednesday that 111 nurses for PeaceHealth have been placed on unpaid administrative leave. August 31 was the deadline for employees to provide proof of vaccination or an exemption.

I know, that’s exactly the kind of thing we would expect out of Oregon. But it is not just limited to the Beaver State. It’s happening in other places, and before you think that all healthcare providers are of one mind regarding COVID-19, please think again. Nurses around the nation are starting to post personalized versions of the following on Facebook under #unitedwestanddividedwefall:

“I’m an RN of 10 years and I am being fired December 1. I’m not political. I don’t watch the news. I do my job and I go home to my family. I love caring for others from every single walk of life and I take that responsibility seriously. Last year I worked the floor no one else wanted to. I have my own medical issues, but I willingly worked that floor. I sat face to face with your loved ones without fear because I trust science when it says the survival rate is greater than 99%. However, I don’t judge anyone who is scared. If I hadn’t seen all the things I’ve seen with my own eyes, I would probably be scared too. Most of my patients walked out the front door💜Yes it is real, some became extremely ill and have long lasting effects, some succumbed, but most people walked out the door!!! This year I’m working in the ER and will be fired December 1st for refusing a shot How is it possible that I worked the entire past year, most shifts on said floor, many times without the proper equipment, and without the shot , but today I am expendable??? I stand for FREEDOM! You have the right to disagree with me and I will still support your right to your opinions. I will NEVER agree to force anything on anyone. I support your right to choose the shot for you and your family. My choice, after what I have personally witnessed, is to abstain until long term studies have been conducted. I could share story after story about adverse effects I have personally witnessed, but I am not because it is your choice and you’ve most likely already chosen. If you haven’t, I encourage you to research and dig deep. Talk to people who are on the front lines. I am here today asking you stand for freedom for us all. If this is forced, what is next? Then after that? What freedoms will our children have to fight for? Don’t let this fall on them. This is simply about freedom! Much love”

Another posted:

“I never thought I would witness and then be forced to chose between my livelihood, how I provide for my family and taking this COVID vaccine. The personal opinions on why, or if you have been vaccinated or not; all irrelevant to me- it should ALWAYS be a CHOICE. This is the most difficult decision I have ever had to make..

“I will be walking away from a career that I worked so hard to obtain, dedicated over 13 years of my life to, and I have student loans I am still paying..

“Not ANY part of this is RIGHT..

“I am completely heartbroken”

At some hospitals, employees are leaving their shoes at the doors as a sign of protest.

The group America’s Frontline Doctors is urging nurses and healthcare employees not to bow to pressure to be vaccinated or quit, stating: “As the mandates are increasing and the “deadlines” fast approach, YOU SHOULD NOT QUIT YOUR JOB. Do not be fooled if your boss says you must resign. Make your boss fire you and do not sign anything or agree to anything that says otherwise. Do not agree with ‘voluntary resignation.’ If you are fired, you are eligible for unemployment. Anything else and you are not.” The group also offers resources to health workers who object to or cannot receive the vaccine. Their site also includes the statement “We are at the ‘delta’ variant. The last variant is totalitarianism.” I’ll let you make up your own mind on that one.

As nurses are let go and reports come in about overloaded ICUs, the true irony of the situation is that the American Nurses Association is asking the Department of Health and Human Services to declare a national crisis over the nursing shortage. And as the deadlines roll in and nurses are sent packing, the ones who remain will be forced to shoulder heavier loads, leading to more burnout and possibly even more shortages. And so it continues. And not all nurses are the same. A labor and delivery nurse has some things in common with an ICU or trauma nurse, but the reality is that they are very different fields with entirely different skills sets, and you cannot just swap them out like parts for a ’65 Mustang. And when we have burned through our supply of skilled nurses, with whom shall we replace them? Your friend’s daughter who just got her phlebotomy certificate from community college?

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2021/09/03/nurses-are-being-fired-for-refusing-the-covid-vaccine-n1475934

LongTermGuy
09-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Registered Nurse knows many things...just like some Doctors...

jimnyc
09-04-2021, 12:40 PM
Registered Nurse knows many things...just like some Doctors...

Absolutely. And I DO NOT condemn them for choosing not to get the vaccine. Some very well may have more information than we do. But they are still a part of the hospital system involved with patients.

And the hospital themselves, I don't vilify them either as they have a responsibility to their patients first and foremost, as well as liability issues.

Gunny
09-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Absolutely. And I DO NOT condemn them for choosing not to get the vaccine. Some very well may have more information than we do. But they are still a part of the hospital system involved with patients.

And the hospital themselves, I don't vilify them either as they have a responsibility to their patients first and foremost, as well as liability issues.
It's STILL a choice. Choices have consequences. They want to have choice without consequence.

jimnyc
09-04-2021, 12:56 PM
It's STILL a choice. Choices have consequences. They want to have choice without consequence.

It's an unfortunate consequence, but sometimes life bounces that way. It's something to be expected IMO while working in such medical environments.

Mr. P
09-04-2021, 12:56 PM
I understand plenty of beds are available but NOT used due to staffing. CUZ they're firing people. Geezzz

As far as liability, I get that argument but, can anyone prove WHERE they may have contracted the virus?

I don't think so.

Juicer66
09-04-2021, 01:11 PM
------------ but, can anyone prove WHERE they may have contracted the virus?

I don't think so.

Difficult to locate a virus that not one person on the planet has been able to isolate even in Laboratory conditions .

Even more difficult to test potential victims when your test cannot literally tell the difference between a Melon , a German Shepherd or my neighbour who thinks she has had

Covid six times already -- she gets hysterical every time she feels tired and coughs when she smokes .She anticipates having Long Covid for the next twenty years . I frankly

hope she does not last the winter .

Gunny
09-04-2021, 01:16 PM
I understand plenty of beds are available but NOT used due to staffing. CUZ they're firing people. Geezzz

As far as liability, I get that argument but, can anyone prove WHERE they may have contracted the virus?

I don't think so.When one of these clowns decides to sue? I guarantee you they can tell you exactly where they were standing and who with when they felt suddenly "invaded" by germs :rolleyes:

revelarts
09-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Again, it's presented as an Either OR issue rather than presented as something with REAL WORLD options.

Ivermectin is a Proven preventative. everyone on staff (willing) should use it and every patient (that can) should be administered it.
PREVENTS covid infection as well as or Better than Vaccine.
problem solved. nurses stay on staff, people are protected.

The real problems addressed.

Also, don't mask work?:rolleyes:
If unvaccinated nurses wear mask there should not be any danger to patients from unvaccinated nurses correct?

Does social distancing work?:poke:
Most nurses are vaccinated. have them in direct contact with patients and the other nurses doing contactless duties.

Are all patients that come into the hospital (for any reason) vaccinated? No. like 50% (70% for African Americans) . They are not ...and at this point many like myself... refuse to be.
Personally, I would have ZERO problem being treated by a nurse that was also one of the stubborn unvaccinated. Honestly i think I'd prefer it. Make an "Unvaccinated" sections of the hospital for us incalcitrant folks , drs, nurses and patients.

There's usually more than ONE WAY to deal with problem if people are willing to deal with the PROBLEM. And not just make every difference of opinion about POWER.

Before anyone tries to poke holes in any of the solutions/compromises above. Just stop. there's at least as many problems in firing nurses.
No matter ya do there's going to be negative aspects to deal with. The question is which solutions (or combo therof) serve the most people beneficially.

SassyLady
09-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Real world consequences for not being vaccinated and fired. The individual will deal with that.

Also real world consequences for firing medical professionals when they are most needed. That's a real world consequence for msny people needing medical services and no one available. Not an individual consequence.

I'm pretty sure the migrants coming over willing to work in jobs that Americans don't want are not medical professionals.

jimnyc
09-04-2021, 03:15 PM
It shouldn't be too surprising considering at hospitals other vaccines are required as well, handed down from above of course. States vary.

Hepatitis B
Influenza
Measles, Mumps & Rubella
Pertussis
Pneumococcal
Varicella

---

Nurses fired for not getting COVID-19 vaccine explain their rationale

More than 100 staff members at Houston Methodist Hospital who were fired for refusing to get vaccinated for COVID-19 appealed a judge’s ruling that sided with the hospital’s right to terminate their employment.

“We are going to most likely go all the way up to the Supreme Court,” Jennifer Bridges, a registered nurse and the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit filed by 117 former employees of the hospital, told Yahoo News.

Health care facilities across the country routinely require their employees to be vaccinated for a host of viruses (https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/vaccinationlaws.html), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes on its website, including the coronavirus.

“It is our responsibility to prevent ourselves from getting ill and from spreading the disease to others,” Dr. Leana Wen, a public health professor at George Washington University, told Yahoo News. “This should not be a choice that individual providers are able to make when this is actually about our job, our oath, the responsibility that we signed up for to care for our most vulnerable patients.”

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/nurses-fired-for-not-getting-covid-19-vaccine-explain-their-rationale-202817653.html

revelarts
09-04-2021, 03:30 PM
It shouldn't be too surprising considering at hospitals other vaccines are required as well, handed down from above of course. States vary.

Hepatitis B
Influenza
Measles, Mumps & Rubella
Pertussis
Pneumococcal
Varicella

---

Nurses fired for not getting COVID-19 vaccine explain their rationale

More than 100 staff members at Houston Methodist Hospital who were fired for refusing to get vaccinated for COVID-19 appealed a judge’s ruling that sided with the hospital’s right to terminate their employment.

“We are going to most likely go all the way up to the Supreme Court,” Jennifer Bridges, a registered nurse and the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit filed by 117 former employees of the hospital, told Yahoo News.

Health care facilities across the country routinely require their employees to be vaccinated for a host of viruses (https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/vaccinationlaws.html), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notes on its website, including the coronavirus.

“It is our responsibility to prevent ourselves from getting ill and from spreading the disease to others,” Dr. Leana Wen, a public health professor at George Washington University, told Yahoo News. “This should not be a choice that individual providers are able to make when this is actually about our job, our oath, the responsibility that we signed up for to care for our most vulnerable patients.”

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/nurses-fired-for-not-getting-covid-19-vaccine-explain-their-rationale-202817653.html

Are, Hepatitis B, Influenza, Measles, Mumps & Rubella, Pertussis, Pneumococcal, Varicella vaccines, vaccines that have only been allowed for "emergency use" and "FDA approved" for less than 1 year?
BTW some nurses don't take Influenza vaccines either (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5410084/).

fj1200
09-04-2021, 03:53 PM
^Why does time to approval matter? Advancement marches on.

SassyLady
09-04-2021, 04:20 PM

Because we didn't sign up to be part of the study.

fj1200
09-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Because we didn't sign up to be part of the study.

And apparently you weren't part of the study. But it's been studied and approved.

SassyLady
09-04-2021, 04:34 PM
And apparently you weren't part of the study. But it's been studied and approved.
Studied on individuals who did not receive full disclosure.

And approved by FDA? Lots of drugs have been approved by FDA that later were discovered to be more harmful than beneficial. Perhaps this is one of those times.

revelarts
09-04-2021, 04:40 PM
If you don't know, i don't if I can explain it man.

But time to test on animals, time to test overall, time to observe the full range of effects in small test groups over a period of years instead of months.
etc.

fj1200
09-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Studied on individuals who did not receive full disclosure.

And approved by FDA? Lots of drugs have been approved by FDA that later were discovered to be more harmful than beneficial. Perhaps this is one of those times.

And lots fo drugs have been approved by the FDA and were later discovered to be more beneficial than harmful. I'd say the evidence is pro-vaccine.

If you don't know, i don't if I can explain it man.

But time to test on animals, time to test overall, time to observe the full range of effects in small test groups over a period of years instead of months.
etc.

OK.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 10:35 AM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p526x296/244114317_2035258419954454_1132718080844068574_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uuBNp_x6NocAX-0zQnS&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=ea4319cdeab8a6ab33194b8d6c17b15f&oe=61853F62