PDA

View Full Version : Congress needs to approve a budget

09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
So naturally Ted Kennedy is arguing for laws against "Popcorn lung"

Dont you just love the priorities of our politicians?

truthmatters
09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Do you know what popcorn lung is?

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Is that the one they claim is by flavored microwave popcorn? Sounds like it should be a top priority...

Nukeman
09-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes, The point is that with a looming budget we need to take care of that before we start in on something that affects so few people it is statisticly non exsitent.

How many people does "popcorn lung" actually affect????

truthmatters
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
You are aware that the last congress left all kinds of things undone?

When a company refuses to protect their employees and causes a hazardous health situation then WTF is wrong with correcting the situation no matter how many people it effects?

They can do many things at once(well I guess at least the Dems can).

Nukeman
09-27-2007, 09:55 AM

When a company refuses to protect their employees and causes a hazardous health situation then WTF is wrong with correcting the situation no matter how many people it effects?

there were a total of 8 people affected by this they know what causes it it is a chemical in the artificial butter diacetyl I believe is the proper spelling. I dont think we need congress to go gung ho for 8 people the lawsuites they bring will more than change the practices...

truthmatters
09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3843wa

Do you suggest they should not stop the situation untill here are MANY more effected by the disease?

They are going to try and stop it before more peoples lives are ruined.

I just dont understand why you wnat people to suffer and die an early death just because of your rigid political view?

JohnDoe
09-27-2007, 10:11 AM
They DO NEED to pass the budget, let us hope the Republicans in the Senate do not obstruct this from happening....it is the republican goal to STOP the budget of the Democratic Party from being passed....

Just an fyi.

So, if you want the budget to pass please call your republican Senators and make sure they do not OBSTRUCT this from happening!

jd

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Now if this is'nt a bowl of strawberry scented crap I don't know what is! Hey glass woman, you would be the first making mockery if the roles were reversed.

truthmatters
09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Now if this is'nt a bowl of strawberry scented crap I don't know what is! Hey glass woman, you would be the first making mockery if the roles were reversed.

Why dont you deal with what I actually say instead of what you make up about my arguements.

I said what I said because the last R congress had a historic low in gettig things done.

They left big chunks of the budget undone when they left and worked the fewest days of any congress ever if my memory serves.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Why dont you deal with what I actually say instead of what you make up about my arguements.

I said what I said because the last R congress had a historic low in gettig things done.

They left big chunks of the budget undone when they left and worked the fewest days of any congress ever if my memory serves.

Ooo'ps, I meant to quote Jane Doe on that one. However I'll address this anyways. Now that it's comes to your quest to bash the "R" congress instead of the popcorn lung issue. Why on earth should this issue be a priority? is it a tit for tat thing with you? The "R" dropped the ball several times in the past so let's make something stupid a top priority so we can point out past things that did not get done? Really, it's a dumb topic...my opinion of course.

Hagbard Celine
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Is that when you're eating popcorn and it goes down the wrong pipe?

truthmatters
09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Ooo'ps, I meant to quote Jane Doe on that one. However I'll address this anyways. Now that it's comes to your quest to bash the "R" congress instead of the popcorn lung issue. Why on earth should this issue be a priority? is it a tit for tat thing with you? The "R" dropped the ball several times in the past so let's make something stupid a top priority so we can point out past things that did not get done? Really, it's a dumb topic...my opinion of course.

How and why is this issue stupid?

Its protecting American workers from being harmed.
Just who do you think should be taking care of this problem?
Are we going to be like China and just not care what happens to workers?

The 109th congreess lkeft office less than a year ago and you just want me to forget about there failings?

This congress is not yet done with their work and you guys are trying to call them a failure ?

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
How and why is this issue stupid?

Its protecting American workers from being harmed.
Just who do you think should be taking care of this problem?
Are we going to be like China and just not care what happens to workers?

Last I checked I had a few boxes of nukeable corn in the cupboard so how does this become a American workers issue?

I think it's a problem best left to the FDA.

I don't think we will be like China but if it's any consolation to you it's always nice to hear from teddy on such important issues, I mean what would life be without his input?

Nukeman
09-27-2007, 10:54 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3843wa

Do you suggest they should not stop the situation untill here are MANY more effected by the disease?

They are going to try and stop it before more peoples lives are ruined.

I just dont understand why you wnat people to suffer and die an early death just because of your rigid political view?
Its not a matter of wanting anyone to suffer. It is a matter of wasting time and money on congressional hearings, investigation, etc..etc.. when WE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND HOW TO FIX IT. It doesnt take the feds to fix something that affects so few people and there is no ned for them to get involved.

Do you really want the government micro managing your life that much??..

For what its worth this has jack shit to do with my politicle views. This is a non politicle issue, it is a health issue that should be maintained by the FDA who has oversight of this. Also the FDA aproved the use of diacetyl in microwave popcorn now that there is a corrolation with this "popcorn lung" they need to be the ones who fix it. Once again the number of people affected by this is so small it is rediculous. The fact that your using this as a soap box says a lot about your motives...

09-27-2007, 11:41 AM

love the avatar SE

09-27-2007, 11:45 AM

This thread has nothing to do with leaving things undone. This has everything to do with having the wrong priorities.

We have major issues to deal with and the Democrat Congress wants to deal with popcorn lung. a disease so rare that you have to be working in popcorn factories for a long time to actually develop it. And considering its a recently discovered disease, the idea that the company is refusing to protect their employees from a hazardous situation is ridiculous.

The problem with turning to the federal governmenet with everything you have rather than letting people deal with it on their own is you make people dependent on the government for trivial matters. When you are dependent you are not free. So thank you for demonstrating how the left is completely against freedom.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
love the avatar SE

Thanks avatar, Bender rules!

actsnoblemartin
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
excellent observation. Ted kennedy has the brains of a new born.

JohnDoe
09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
ted kennedy is as smart as politicians come martin....

JohnDoe
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Ummmmmmm, and let's see.... the republicans tooks HOURS UPON HOURS condemning moveon.org for their LEGAL free speech, on the senate floor for political shennanigans ONLY, AND introduced a resolution doing such too....

AND YOU CALL THAT productive compared to actually doing something that could actually save some human lives?

I think your priorities are a little mixed up avatar, and it can only be partisanship.....getting in your way of fairness and logic!

Send an email to your republican representation to NOT OBSTRUCT the budget, so that it can be passed, as YOU SAY you want to happen!!!

jd

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I think your priorities are a little mixed up avatar, and it can only be partisanship.....getting in your way of fairness and logic!

jd

Partisanship? Holy moly glass woman, you still have the audacity to use that word?

Trigg
09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Ummmmmmm, and let's see.... the republicans tooks HOURS UPON HOURS condemning moveon.org for their LEGAL free speech, on the senate floor for political shennanigans ONLY, AND introduced a resolution doing such too....

AND YOU CALL THAT productive compared to actually doing something that could actually save some human lives?

Send an email to your republican representation to NOT OBSTRUCT the budget, so that it can be passed, as YOU SAY you want to happen!!!

jd

As far as I've read NO ONE.....that's right...NO ONE has defended the republicans for bringing up stupid subjects.

It's the libs on this board who are defending Kennedy for this assinine subject.

At least two microwave popcorn makers -- ConAgra Foods Inc(CAG.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and Weaver Popcorn Co Inc -- have said recently that they would stop using diacetyl.

See this is how it works people threaten to sue and the companies make changes. There was no reason to bring this up when so many other important things need to get done.

manu1959
09-27-2007, 08:18 PM

jd

tell the drunk to pass the budget and leave popcorn lung bill for another day.....you wouldn't be arguning partisan politics here would you?