PDA

View Full Version : Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19

jimnyc
09-10-2021, 10:17 PM
I know, the CDC is in there, so it's all lies.

But not all of these get numbers from the CDC.

---

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, CDC report finds

Moderna vaccine is most effective, says another study, the largest to date in U.S. to assess real-world effectiveness

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed that the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent-care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer-reviewed, which showed the Moderna vaccine to be more effective than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/

By the numbers: Vaccinated vs. unvaccinated

The vast majority of new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in 2021 have been among unvaccinated Hoosiers.

Even as the delta variant circulated the state more widely in recent days and more breakthrough cases among vaccinated Hoosiers are being reported, the incidence rate is still extremely lopsided.

COVID-19 vaccines — two-shot vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna and the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine — were created with the goal of primarily preventing severe illness from COVID-19 requiring hospitalization and/or causing death.

Data tracking cases since vaccine deployment largely prove that those goals have been met, with fractional rates of hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated Hoosiers.

So how do vaccinated Hoosiers match up against unvaccinated Hoosiers?

Rest - https://www.kpcnews.com/covid-19/article_f0e9bff4-a968-56b3-928d-734094459955.html

99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people, experts say

COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising again as the extremely contagious delta variant of the coronavirus takes hold as the dominant strain in the US. In some parts of the country, there are more hospitalizations and cases of COVID than there were last winter, the peak of the pandemic.

The vast majority of people being hospitalized with COVID and dying from the disease haven't been fully vaccinated, according to public health officials. More than 97% of hospitalizations from COVID right now are of unvaccinated people, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, said at a press briefing Friday, adding: "There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated." In early July, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the president's chief medical advisor, told CBS that 99.2% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people.

In Texas, 99.5% of people who died from COVID from February through July 14 weren't vaccinated, per the Texas Tribune's reporting on preliminary data from the Texas Department of State Health Services. (Vaccines became available to adults in the state at the end of March. At-risk people were able to get them sooner.) In southern Missouri, an area that leads the nation as a delta variant hot spot, "almost every COVID-19 patient in Springfield's hospitals is unvaccinated," the Atlantic reported. The dozen or so that were vaccinated, according to the report, were elderly or immunocompromised -- people for whom studies have shown vaccines are likely not as effective.

Scott Gottlieb, head of the Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration, told CBS Sunday that the delta variant of the coronavirus is so contagious that most people will get it if they haven't been vaccinated or previously infected with COVID.

"And for most people who get this delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," Gottlieb said.

Rest - https://www.cnet.com/health/99-of-covid-deaths-are-now-of-unvaccinated-people-experts-say/

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People

The U.S. is experiencing another spike in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations driven by the emergence of the Delta variant.
A large majority of new hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19 are occurring among unvaccinated people.
A new CDC reportTrusted Source shows that since July 26, there have been only 6,587 reports of breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization or death among 163 million fully vaccinated people — a percentage of 0.01 percent or less.

The pandemic remains a race between an increasingly infectious and changing virus and administering the vaccines, which offer high levels of protection.

At this point, 70 percent of eligible Americans have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while many other countries struggle to get enough vaccine supply to come anywhere near that.

Rest - https://www.healthline.com/health-news/risks-of-the-delta-variant-for-vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated-people

Almost All U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Now in the Unvaccinated

June 28, 2021 – If you, a friend or a loved one remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 at this point – for whatever reason – you are at higher risk for dying if you do become infected.

That's the conclusion of a new report The Associated Press released looking at COVID-19 deaths during May 2021.

Of more than 18,000 people who died from COVID-19, for example, only about 150 were fully vaccinated. That's less than 1%.

"Recently I was working in the emergency room [and] I saw a 21-year-old African- American who came in with shortness of breath," says Vino K. Palli, MD, a doctor specializing in emergency medicine, internal medicine and urgent care.

Rest - https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210629/almost-all-us-covid-19-deaths-now-in-the-unvaccinated

Abbey Marie
09-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I have no doubt this is true. And I am very grateful to be here.

Kathianne
09-10-2021, 11:48 PM
While I strongly oppose the business mandated Joe is forcing on the country, I'm happy the vaccine is available. I'm not holding my breath on the booster, I'll get it.

There may be repercussions down the road, but I'll deal with it down the road.

OTOH, I'm not overly worried about being around those that choose differently. My roommate isn't and her daughter with whom she spent last week traveling with is now recovering from covid.

Sure, I could get sick, but likely much less so than without vaccine.

Bottom line, not changing minds at this point.

Trivia: the top groups most resistant to vaccine are not far right, rather black males and those with PhD.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2021, 03:03 AM
While I strongly oppose the business mandated Joe is forcing on the country, I'm happy the vaccine is available. I'm not holding my breath on the booster, I'll get it.

There may be repercussions down the road, but I'll deal with it down the road.

OTOH, I'm not overly worried about being around those that choose differently. My roommate isn't and her daughter with whom she spent last week traveling with is now recovering from covid.

Sure, I could get sick, but likely much less so than without vaccine.

Bottom line, not changing minds at this point.

Trivia: the top groups most resistant to vaccine are not far right, rather black males and those with PhD.

"" Trivia: the top groups most resistant to vaccine are not far right, rather black males and those with PhD.""

Black males_
That would --perhaps-- be because--
Black males intuitively think, I am myself indestructible and ffkk it anyway....

PhD's_
That would -- perhaps--be because--
PhD's examined it far more in depth than others and saw not only the gamble that it was/is, but also saw just how damn hard its main supporters/government were lying to get it stabbed into everybody--with such fever and fervor (when they only care about their carreers and stealing all they can). Sensing then in addition -there is a hidden motive that gives a signal that it is to be avoided because its defninitely not as it is advertized. Thus, it is a gamble and the best gamble is to gamble on letting Fate decide-as Fate will decide anyways...

Myself, I recall being indestructible in my youth and now in my aged years-seeing a bit more clearly that Fate can not be cheated.
Which the future may yet prove by the end highly possible negative results of this miracle called a "vaccine" that is not a vaccine.
And some of the negatives are showing up right away- while it is possible that the worst may lay ahead..
I flipped a coin twice and did not like the damn results so I flipped it a third time and the coin spoke to me.

It said, do not tempt Fate.
Do nothing-let Fate decide. Life is a gamble-- so shut up and gamble like you have done for all of your life..
If ya lose- remember everybody loses. That is why funeral homes and cementeries exist. Nobody gets to cheat death...
A bit cynical and jaded but hey- so is the farmer every time he plants a seed..
And just look at how damn well that has worked for mankind and civilization..-Tyr

Juicer66
09-11-2021, 03:07 AM
SAME LIES IN UK WRECKED WHEN TRUE FIGURES EXAMINED. VAXXED ACCOUNTED FOR 70% OF DEATHS .
If you believe anything directly or indirectly from CDC you are completely irrational . The mob that have their money in Moderna .

Public Health England data published on th (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1014926/Technical_Briefing_22_21_09_02.pdf)e 3rd September 2021 shows that from February 1st 2021 up to the 29th August 2021 there have been 1,798 deaths within 28 days of a positive test for the Delta Covid-19 variant.
Of these 16 deaths were among those who’d had a single dose of a Covid-19 vaccine less than 28 days before their positive test, and 126 deaths were among those who’d had a single dose of a Covid-19 vaccine more than 28 days before their positive test.
Meanwhile the fully vaccinated population have accounted for 1,091 of those deaths, with just 536 deaths occurring among the unvaccinated population.
https://i1.wp.com/theexpose.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/image-53.png?resize=639%2C146&ssl=1
This means ust 30% of deaths have been among the unvaccinated population, despite the fact most second vaccinations were administered between April and June.
Whereas the fully vaccinated account for 64.25% of Covid-19 deaths since February 2021, and when including the partly vaccinated in those numbers they account for 70%.

JakeStarkey
09-11-2021, 04:27 AM
"But the least skeptical of the shot had a Master's degree - with only 8.3 per cent of that group being vaccine hesitant. The researchers did not offer an explanation as to why so many people with PhDs were vaccine hesitant, and the paper noted that 'further investigation into hesitancy among those with a PhD is warranted'.

The report said: 'To our knowledge, no other study has evaluated education with this level of granularity, which was possible due to our unusually large sample (of over 10,000 participants with PhDs).'"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-with-phds-are-most-reluctant-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

Juicer66
09-11-2021, 04:48 AM
"But the least skeptical of the shot had a Master's degree - with only 8.3 per cent of that group being vaccine hesitant. The researchers did not offer an explanation as to why so many people with PhDs were vaccine hesitant, and the paper noted that 'further investigation into hesitancy among those with a PhD is warranted'.

The report said: 'To our knowledge, no other study has evaluated education with this level of granularity, which was possible due to our unusually large sample (of over 10,000 participants with PhDs).'"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/americans-with-phds-are-most-reluctant-to-get-vaccinated-against-covid/ar-AANjRHh

A long winded way of differentiating Critical Thinkers versus Compliance Gullibles through actions .

Superior academic IQ by definition , plus likely stronger determination and application ----- completed a successful major dissertation and/or PhD for starters .

JakeStarkey
09-11-2021, 07:48 AM
A long winded way of differentiating Critical Thinkers versus Compliance Gullibles through actions .

Superior academic IQ by definition , plus likely stronger determination and application ----- completed a successful major dissertation and/or PhD for starters .

CT gullibles certainly think so

Yeah, it's the president's fault because a free vaccine and was free and a bunch of CT gullibles are so dug in that they won't get it and many of them end up dying and leaving their families broken and their wives to take care of everything and to eventually remarry.

jimnyc
09-11-2021, 10:57 AM
I'll take worldwide stats over choosing one area and ignoring everything else and calling anything you don't like lies.

Oh - and that UK govt site you used is a pack of bullshit lies.

Gunny
09-11-2021, 12:46 PM
I'll take worldwide stats over choosing one area and ignoring everything else and calling anything you don't like lies.

Oh - and that UK govt site you used is a pack of bullshit lies.

I know, the CDC is in there, so it's all lies.

But not all of these get numbers from the CDC.

---

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, CDC report finds

Moderna vaccine is most effective, says another study, the largest to date in U.S. to assess real-world effectiveness

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed that the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent-care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer-reviewed, which showed the Moderna vaccine to be more effective than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/

By the numbers: Vaccinated vs. unvaccinated

The vast majority of new COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in 2021 have been among unvaccinated Hoosiers.

Even as the delta variant circulated the state more widely in recent days and more breakthrough cases among vaccinated Hoosiers are being reported, the incidence rate is still extremely lopsided.

COVID-19 vaccines — two-shot vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna and the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine — were created with the goal of primarily preventing severe illness from COVID-19 requiring hospitalization and/or causing death.

Data tracking cases since vaccine deployment largely prove that those goals have been met, with fractional rates of hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated Hoosiers.

So how do vaccinated Hoosiers match up against unvaccinated Hoosiers?

Rest - https://www.kpcnews.com/covid-19/article_f0e9bff4-a968-56b3-928d-734094459955.html

99% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people, experts say

COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising again as the extremely contagious delta variant of the coronavirus takes hold as the dominant strain in the US. In some parts of the country, there are more hospitalizations and cases of COVID than there were last winter, the peak of the pandemic.

The vast majority of people being hospitalized with COVID and dying from the disease haven't been fully vaccinated, according to public health officials. More than 97% of hospitalizations from COVID right now are of unvaccinated people, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, said at a press briefing Friday, adding: "There is a clear message that is coming through: This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated." In early July, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the president's chief medical advisor, told CBS that 99.2% of COVID deaths are now of unvaccinated people.

In Texas, 99.5% of people who died from COVID from February through July 14 weren't vaccinated, per the Texas Tribune's reporting on preliminary data from the Texas Department of State Health Services. (Vaccines became available to adults in the state at the end of March. At-risk people were able to get them sooner.) In southern Missouri, an area that leads the nation as a delta variant hot spot, "almost every COVID-19 patient in Springfield's hospitals is unvaccinated," the Atlantic reported. The dozen or so that were vaccinated, according to the report, were elderly or immunocompromised -- people for whom studies have shown vaccines are likely not as effective.

Scott Gottlieb, head of the Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration, told CBS Sunday that the delta variant of the coronavirus is so contagious that most people will get it if they haven't been vaccinated or previously infected with COVID.

"And for most people who get this delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," Gottlieb said.

Rest - https://www.cnet.com/health/99-of-covid-deaths-are-now-of-unvaccinated-people-experts-say/

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People

The U.S. is experiencing another spike in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations driven by the emergence of the Delta variant.
A large majority of new hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19 are occurring among unvaccinated people.
A new CDC reportTrusted Source shows that since July 26, there have been only 6,587 reports of breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization or death among 163 million fully vaccinated people — a percentage of 0.01 percent or less.

The pandemic remains a race between an increasingly infectious and changing virus and administering the vaccines, which offer high levels of protection.

At this point, 70 percent of eligible Americans have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while many other countries struggle to get enough vaccine supply to come anywhere near that.

Rest - https://www.healthline.com/health-news/risks-of-the-delta-variant-for-vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated-people

Almost All U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Now in the Unvaccinated

June 28, 2021 – If you, a friend or a loved one remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 at this point – for whatever reason – you are at higher risk for dying if you do become infected.

That's the conclusion of a new report The Associated Press released looking at COVID-19 deaths during May 2021.

Of more than 18,000 people who died from COVID-19, for example, only about 150 were fully vaccinated. That's less than 1%.

"Recently I was working in the emergency room [and] I saw a 21-year-old African- American who came in with shortness of breath," says Vino K. Palli, MD, a doctor specializing in emergency medicine, internal medicine and urgent care.

Rest - https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/news/20210629/almost-all-us-covid-19-deaths-now-in-the-unvaccinated

Interesting read. I really like the repetitive part where *I* got the best vaccine :laugh:

Nothing's perfect. Appears to me both sides keep pointing to exceptions as the rule rather than the overwhelming results.

Then there are those just making stuff up :laugh:

jimnyc
09-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Must be the same "lies" playing out everywhere.

---

One out of North Carolina

As Adult ICU Patients Hit Record Highs for the Pandemic, New Report Shows Unvaccinated People Are More Than 15 Times More Likely to Die From COVID-19 Compared to Vaccinated People

Aug 27, 2021
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services yesterday released new data in the weekly respiratory surveillance report showing that unvaccinated people were 15.4 times, or 1,540 percent, more likely to die from COVID-19 during the four-week period ending Aug. 21, 2021. This comes as the state hit a pandemic high on Aug. 26 with 912 adults in the ICU with COVID-19. The number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators also reached a record high at 574.

This week’s respiratory surveillance report is the first to provide age-adjusted death rate data for COVID-19. Adjusting for age is a way to make fairer comparisons between vaccinated and unvaccinated people because the vaccinated population is older than the unvaccinated population and older people are more likely to die from COVID-19. Data is preliminary and is subject to change as additional cases and deaths are reported.

During the week ending Aug. 21, 2021, unvaccinated people were also 4.4 times, or 440 percent, more likely to catch COVID-19 than vaccinated people. The difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated teens was even greater during the week ending Aug. 21, 2021, with unvaccinated people aged 12 to 17 being 6.3 times, or 630 percent, more likely to get COVID-19 than vaccinated people in the same age group.

There is urgency to get vaccinated now. North Carolina has been experiencing the fastest acceleration in cases and hospitalizations since the pandemic started. The COVID-19 vaccines authorized and approved in the United States continue to be remarkably effective in reducing risk of severe disease, hospitalization and death, even against the widely circulating Delta variant.

"The vast majority of people dying with COVID-19 are unvaccinated. If you are not vaccinated please don’t wait until it is too late," said Mandy K. Cohen, M.D., Secretary of the NC Department of Health and Human Services. "The authorized and approved vaccines have been through rigorous clinical trials and met scientific standards. Millions of North Carolinians have been safely vaccinated."

There were 187 deaths among unvaccinated persons younger than 65, compared with eight deaths among vaccinated persons younger than 65 during the four-week time period. There were 215 deaths among unvaccinated persons older than 65, compared with 67 deaths among vaccinated persons older than 65. [The previous version of this release stated the number of deaths over a one-week period, which showed there were 29 deaths among unvaccinated persons younger than 65, compared with one death among vaccinated persons younger than 65, and 30 deaths among unvaccinated persons older than 65, compared with seven deaths among vaccinated persons older than 65. This has been corrected to show the number of deaths in the full four-week period used for death rate comparisons, based on case data reported through Aug. 22.]

Rest - https://www.ncdhhs.gov/news/press-releases/2021/08/27/adult-icu-patients-hit-record-highs-pandemic-new-report-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-more-15-times

Looks like Seattle area:

NEW DATA DASHBOARD TRACKS COVID-19 RISK FOR UNVACCINATED PEOPLE COMPARED TO VACCINATED PEOPLE

Since July, COVID-19 cases have increased rapidly in King County. The worsening outbreak is affecting all of us. And, people who are not fully vaccinated are getting seriously ill and dying at much higher rates than the vaccinated population.

That’s clear on a new data dashboard, which shows vaccines are reducing the risk of getting sick, hospitalized, or dying from COVID-19.

No vaccine is 100% protective. When a vaccinated person does become infected, we call it a “breakthrough” case. When we have more breakthrough cases that does not mean the vaccines are falling short. It just reflects that a higher percentage of the population is already vaccinated.

Most breakthrough cases are not serious. What is important to know is how much the vaccine reduces a person’s risk of coming down with a severe infection.

Public Health – Seattle & King County created the new dashboard so that anyone can track and compare the rates of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths among unvaccinated and vaccinated people. With weekly updates, it will provide a snapshot of COVID-19 risks for unvaccinated residents compared with vaccinated residents.

Rest - https://publichealthinsider.com/2021/09/03/new-data-dashboard-tracks-covid-19-risk-for-unvaccinated-people-compared-to-vaccinated-people/

For the USA:

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

Still, the overall trend that emerges from the data echoes what many health care authorities are seeing around the country and what top experts are saying.

Rest - https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

The Delta variant of COVID-19 is causing surges in cases across the United States, and because vaccination coverage is uneven within the states, there is higher transmission.
New COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to be largely limited to the unvaccinated, and only a small percentage of vaccinated people experience breakthrough infections.
Despite some reports indicating reduced vaccine efficacy against symptomatic COVID-19 infection with the Delta variant, real-life data shows the three available vaccines offer great protection against hospitalization and death.
The CDC recommends everyone over 12 years old who is eligible to get vaccinated.

New COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations, and deaths continue to increase across the United States, particularly in areas with higher rates of community transmission and lower vaccination coverage.

The southern United States, particularly Arkansas, Mississippi, Florida, and Alabama, have been battling new clusters of COVID-19 outbreaks. Hospitals have said they run the risk of being overwhelmed with patients and may not have the capacity to deal with them all.

Of those hospitalized, an increasing number are children, most of whom remain unvaccinated.

However, recent data appears to suggest waning effectiveness of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against COVID-19 infection versus Moderna. This has increased worries about vaccines.

But how are vaccines really doing? Are they preventing enough hospitalizations and deaths related to COVID-19 as claimed?

Here is what the numbers say:

The current situation
The numbers of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the United States are rising by the day amid the rise of the more infectious Delta variant.

The 7-day average of new COVID-19 cases in all populations in the United States was 128,347, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

A month ago, the average number was just over 33,000 cases, according to the CDC.

This surge in cases has also strained hospitals and healthcare professionals.

At least 80 percent of intensive care unit (ICU) beds in Arkansas were occupied last week, while on August 17, the Alabama Hospital Association reported that the state had no ICU beds left.

Vaccinations and breakthrough infections
More than 168 million Americans have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and just a small fraction have had breakthrough cases that led to hospitalization.

According to analyses conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) based on data from the Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, vaccines continue to protect people from severe disease and death due to COVID-19.

The vast majority of people who have died from COVID-19 were unvaccinated. Fatal cases of COVID-19 among vaccinated people are either very low or virtually zero in 48 states.

Small number of breakthrough cases

In all states, the rate of breakthrough cases among the fully vaccinated is below 1 percent.

Connecticut, for example, has one of the lowest breakthrough rates at 0.01 percent. Over 64 percent of people have been fully vaccinated in the state.

In Arizona, 94.1 percent of new COVID-19 cases involve unvaccinated people.

Even in Tennessee, where vaccination coverage is at 41 percent, fully vaccinated people who acquired the coronavirus is only 0.4 percent.

Rest - https://www.healthline.com/health-news/covid-19-by-the-numbers-vaccinated-continue-to-be-protected#Vaccinations-and-breakthrough-infections

Riverside:

Unvaccinated people 37x more likely to get COVID-19, 120x more likely to die than the vaccinated in Riverside County

Unvaccinated individuals ages 12 and older in Riverside County are 37 times more like to get COVID-19 and 120 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than vaccinated individuals, according to Public Health Director Kim Saruwatari.

Riverside County Public Health officials presented the data during Tuesday's Board of Supervisors meeting related to COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated and unvaccinated residents, as well as children's rates of infection.

https://i.imgur.com/9Cr6dap.jpeg

Rest - https://www.desertsun.com/story/news/health/2021/08/24/unvaccinated-37-times-more-likely-get-covid-19-than-vaccinated-riverside-county/5573484001/

jimnyc
09-11-2021, 03:47 PM

The way your write alone makes your intelligence rants funny as hell!