PDA

View Full Version : DeSantis on Biden vax mandate

SassyLady
09-11-2021, 01:42 PM
I like this guy a lot.

https://youtu.be/au2g88HKk6U

jimnyc
09-11-2021, 01:51 PM
I think DeSantis will be running in 2024.

I like him a lot as well, but we'll see how it plays out.

Gunny
09-11-2021, 01:57 PM
I like DeSantis. I'm NOT okay with his, and Abbott's, hardline stand against masks. IMO, they are causing more harm to the right than they are accomplishing anything.

They are being extreme, the media is ensuring they look even more extreme, and moderates/independents don't like extreme. I've always held that moderate/independent votes are the ones that swing elections, not the die-hard faithful.

SassyLady
09-11-2021, 03:17 PM
I personally don't think giving parrnts a choice about whether their kids wear masks is extreme. But that's just me wanting to make those decisions for my children.

He's not saying no masks. Just that it is a personal choice and no mandates in his state.

I don't see that as extreme.

JakeStarkey
09-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Gunny is correct.

Biden is looking milder than he really is in comparison to DeSantis and Abbott's reactions.

They should be solid on arguing this is a parent's choice, not the government state or federal.

Gunny
09-11-2021, 03:30 PM
I personally don't think giving parrnts a choice about whether their kids wear masks is extreme. But that's just me wanting to make those decisions for my children.

He's not saying no masks. Just that it is a personal choice and no mandates in his state.

I don't see that as extreme.Parental Rights is a myth. They have lost to the State time and again in court.

I do not know the exact wording of FL law on the matter of masks. The wording here is the State has mandated there will be no mask mandates. I believe Florida's law is much the same. I see that as counterproductive, and not very conservative. That is taking government at the lowest level away and giving it to the State.

State Governors do not live in every region of the State, nor do they attend public schools where children cannot be vaccinated because of age. Especially in larger cities where blue rules, the people panic, they're scared, and they want their damned masks. These laws have taken the ability but not the responsibility away from local governments to make decisions based on here and now, not how it is up in Austin or Dallas. Same in FL. The Governor is nowhere near Miami or Jacksonville or even Tampa. He's in Tallahassee.

Let the people that "the People" have put in office to make such decisions make them.

I DO see both sides of the argument. I DON'T see a right side to it. I don't want anyone making decisions for me or my children when I am fully capable of making them myself. Unfortunately, there are a lot of stupid people out there incapable of making such decisions; especially, where it comes to one's responsibility/obligation to their community.

SassyLady
09-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Our governor is operating along same lines. No mask mandates or Vax mandates. Local government tried to mandate but were given choice of not receiving state funding. Basically you can make those local decisions but will depend on your own local funding to operate.

Gunny
09-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Our governor is operating along same lines. No mask mandates or Vax mandates. Local government tried to mandate but were given choice of not receiving state funding. Basically you can make those local decisions but will depend on your own local funding to operate.That's fine.

THEN comes personal responsibility. Not just to yourself and your family, but to your community. You live in it, shop in it, use its services. How is it fair to those that are doing all the right things and STILL get covid just because some don't want to for whatever reason you want to fill in the blank with?

It's not. At all. There's no common sense being used. People want to have their cake and eat it too. Choose one or the other and live with the consequence. Don't get vaccinated. If you lose your job for it, consequence. Placing one's self above every one else in the unit is what gets people killed. Not a shot.

Either way, it goes back to having one's cake and eating it too. Science precludes that result. Everyone wants the right to make the decision, but not the consequence that goes with it.

Black Diamond
09-11-2021, 04:02 PM
That's fine.

THEN comes personal responsibility. Not just to yourself and your family, but to your community. You live in it, shop in it, use its services. How is it fair to those that are doing all the right things and STILL get covid just because some don't want to for whatever reason you want to fill in the blank with?

It's not. At all. There's no common sense being used. People want to have their cake and eat it too. Choose one or the other and live with the consequence. Don't get vaccinated. If you lose your job for it, consequence. Placing one's self above every one else in the unit is what gets people killed. Not a shot.

Either way, it goes back to having one's cake and eating it too. Science precludes that result. Everyone wants the right to make the decision, but not the consequence that goes with it.

How does someone not getting vaccinated affect someone who is?

Gunny
09-11-2021, 04:15 PM
How does someone not getting vaccinated affect someone who is?There are people out there who cannot get vaccinated for various reasons that need to be protected. Currently, no one under 12 years of age is eligible. All our children are at risk. They're germ magnets and disseminators without any help.

As I understand it, as with any other flu shot, the vaccine lessens the severity. From observing my daughter pre-vaccine and Abbey having been vaccinated, there is QUITE a difference. Abbey's sick, but she's been coherent and functional. Scratch that with my daughter. In bed with x's in her eyes, super high fever and blood oxygen level all to crap. I was about a half-second away at one point from calling 911.

I still don't have an answer to "if one is vaccinated, can one still carry it"? Obviously, some can still get it.

If people don't want to get vaccinated, then they don't need to on my account. Just don't cry to me about the consequences. I will say the exact same thing if those of us that are vaccinated find out we've been injected with delayed death. Our choice. Our consequence.

JakeStarkey
09-11-2021, 05:30 PM
Gunny, I hope your daughter is getting better.

One's child, of any age, is so precious. As one who has lost a grown child, I know that is a road no one should have to ever walk.

Gunny
09-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Gunny, I hope your daughter is getting better.

One's child, of any age, is so precious. As one who has lost a grown child, I know that is a road no one should have to ever walk.My daughter is fine. Thank you. She had covid right before Christmas last year.

Losing anyone sucks, but no one should outlive their child. That's not how it is supposed to go.

fj1200
09-12-2021, 01:14 PM
How does someone not getting vaccinated affect someone who is?

If you, and many like you, are not vaccinated, get covid, end up in the hospital, and take up ICU or otherwise beds then other necessary surgeries, procedures, etc. than you've affected someone who is. See the State of GA right now.

JakeStarkey
09-12-2021, 01:24 PM
No one cares. Stay home if you don't want the vax.

SassyLady
09-13-2021, 12:53 AM
I'm not vaxed. Not staying home to "protect" the vaccinated. That's why they got the vaccine. To protect themselves for whatever reason they chose.

Are you going to tell medical institutions to not treat drunk drivers who got in an accident and might be using up a bed that someone who doesn't drink might need. Or a gunshot victim who wasn't carrying a gun to protect themselves that they won't be treated. Or a drug addict who overdoses won't be treated because obviously they weren't doing the healthy thing to protect others in the community who might need that bed.

It's a slippery slope for medical personnel chosing who they will and won't take care of just because society is pissy about certain behaviors.

I chose to carry a weapon to protect myself. I won't mandate you carry a weapon to protect yourself. It's your choice.

Black Diamond
09-13-2021, 02:14 AM
If you, and many like you, are not vaccinated, get covid, end up in the hospital, and take up ICU or otherwise beds then other necessary surgeries, procedures, etc. than you've affected someone who is. See the State of GA right now.

OK. I copied this from the cdc website on May 4

What We are Still Learning
We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms.
We’re also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before most people can be considered protected (population immunity).
We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19

Also I have already had covid 19 so I should have antibodies to fight off the virus. My BIL had covid then got his first shot and reacted so badly to it, the marines wouldn't allow him to get the second one.

How is this even a vaccine at all if you can still get covid 19?

fj1200
09-13-2021, 07:48 AM
How is this even a vaccine at all if you can still get covid 19?

Less likely to get covid. Less likely to die from covid if you get it. There wasn't a guarantee that went along with it. But you asked how do the unvaccinated effect others. If you're in GA then other procedures are getting pushed back because the unvaccinated are taking up bed space.

SassyLady
09-13-2021, 12:32 PM
If you're in GA then other procedures are getting pushed back because the unvaccinated are taking up bed space.

As are drug addicts, gang bangers, etc.

Black Diamond
09-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Less likely to get covid. Less likely to die from covid if you get it. There wasn't a guarantee that went along with it. But you asked how do the unvaccinated effect others. If you're in GA then other procedures are getting pushed back because the unvaccinated are taking up bed space.

That would certainly true if one hasn't had covid yet. Since I have already had it, I should have antibodies so how should I end up in the hospital?

fj1200
09-13-2021, 02:49 PM
As are drug addicts, gang bangers, etc.

Who are the people not taking up the vast majority of the ICU beds in GA? /jeopardy

That would certainly true if one hasn't had covid yet. Since I have already had it, I should have antibodies so how should I end up in the hospital?

I think we're talking about the majority of those who haven't had covid nor are vaccinated.

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 03:34 PM
This will undoubtedly be headed for the courts. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

---

‘Violates Florida Law’ – Gov. DeSantis Announces Cities, Counties That Require Employees to Get Vaxxed will Be Fined $5,000 Per Infraction

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday fought back against Joe Biden’s unconstitutional vaccine mandates.

DeSantis announced cities and counties that force employees to get vaccinated will be fined $5,000 per infraction.

“We are here today to make it very clear that we are going to stand for the men and women who are serving. We are going to protect Florida jobs,” DeSantis said during the news conference. “We are not gonna let people be fired because of a vaccine mandate.”

Government agencies mandating vaccines violates Florida law DeSantis said.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/violates-florida-law-gov-desantis-announces-cities-counties-require-employees-get-vaxxed-will-fined-5000-per-infraction-video/

Black Diamond
09-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Kind of a reverse Whitmer

Gunny
09-13-2021, 09:03 PM
This will undoubtedly be headed for the courts. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

---

‘Violates Florida Law’ – Gov. DeSantis Announces Cities, Counties That Require Employees to Get Vaxxed will Be Fined $5,000 Per Infraction

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday fought back against Joe Biden’s unconstitutional vaccine mandates.

DeSantis announced cities and counties that force employees to get vaccinated will be fined $5,000 per infraction.

“We are here today to make it very clear that we are going to stand for the men and women who are serving. We are going to protect Florida jobs,” DeSantis said during the news conference. “We are not gonna let people be fired because of a vaccine mandate.”

Government agencies mandating vaccines violates Florida law DeSantis said.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/09/violates-florida-law-gov-desantis-announces-cities-counties-require-employees-get-vaxxed-will-fined-5000-per-infraction-video/He sure doesn't shy away from going out on a limb, does he ? :)

Black Diamond
09-13-2021, 10:04 PM
He sure doesn't shy away from going out on a limb, does he ? :)

It's all a campaign ad for him.

Gunny
09-14-2021, 12:50 PM
It's all a campaign ad for him.If it is, IMO, it's putting too many eggs in one basket that may not even be relevant 3 years from now.

JakeStarkey
09-16-2021, 12:00 PM
https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/107499931_3127585624023531_3552833288850860276_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=nqptrCEB6zEAX8uzERH&tn=JpBWh6oaFolQIh4U&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=39a755e82f1fbbd15efd2db7e78c3c7b&oe=6168F583

Surf Fishing Guru
09-16-2021, 12:37 PM
Biden is looking

Your comments that presume Biden is aware of anything are funny.

SassyLady
09-16-2021, 08:02 PM