PDA

View Full Version : Faucet repair

Cheyenne
09-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I have a one-handled, washerless faucet in the bathroom. It's now not just dripping but trickling. Usually this happens when mineral deposits build up.

I turned off the water and went to remove the handle. BUT there's a recessed headed pin or screw of some sort. No alan wrench will remove it. What kind of tool is this requiring? I can't seem to find what I need.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I have a one-handled, washerless faucet in the bathroom. It's now not just dripping but trickling. Usually this happens when mineral deposits build up.

I turned off the water and went to remove the handle. BUT there's a recessed headed pin or screw of some sort. No alan wrench will remove it. What kind of tool is this requiring? I can't seem to find what I need.

Check as close as possible to see what you can, and elaborate. Have you tried metric keys as well?

Hagbard Celine
09-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Check as close as possible to see what you can, and elaborate. Have you tried metric keys as well?

Hey, love the new avatar. Way to deface the US flag. :thumb:

Cheyenne
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, I've tried both. This is what it looks like. See that little hole directly under the handle part? It's something with a round recessed hole in it's head.

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Yes, I've tried both. This is what it looks like. See that little hole directly under the handle part? It's something with a round recessed hole in it's head.

Brand?

Cheyenne
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Brand?
I found that picture on a Delta site. I'd pretty much think that's what it is, but there is nothing imprinted on the faucet itself.

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I found that picture on a Delta site. I'd pretty much think that's what it is, but there is nothing imprinted on the faucet itself.

Look at the front of the base under the faucet, Delta labels there on some.

If it is Delta you can get a rebuild kit at HD that I think includes the 'special' tool.

Cheyenne
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Look at the front of the base under the faucet, Delta labels there on some.

If it is Delta you can get a rebuild kit at HD that I think includes the 'special' tool.Thanks. I'll see what I can do. But when we put it on, shouldn't I have gotten a 'special' tool with it?

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks. I'll see what I can do. But when we put it on, shouldn't I have gotten a 'special' tool with it?

No.