PDA

View Full Version : Unvaccinated and vaccinated people 'are not in the same ballpark' of risk

jimnyc
09-12-2021, 06:42 PM
The same story seems to be playing out everywhere. Short of a few cherry picked areas anyway. Overall speaking though, unvaccinated folks are at a much higher risk.

The vaccine isn't a cure all never can get covid shot - but it is clearly preventing folks from ending up in the hospital, or dead.

---

Delta variant: Unvaccinated and vaccinated people 'are not in the same ballpark' of risk, doctor explains

Amid fears of new variants emerging and evading COVID-19 vaccines, health experts are repeatedly pointing out that being fully vaccinated is very different from being unvaccinated.

“We have to be very clear about who we’re talking about,” Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital and an instructor at Harvard Medical School, said on Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “The Delta variant is extraordinarily dangerous for the unvaccinated, and it presents a problem for the vaccinated that the previous variant did not, but they’re not in the same ballpark. When we see the implications of most breakthrough infections, it is a small fraction of the problem that we saw without vaccination.”

According to an analysis of 38 states and D.C. by the New York Times, unvaccinated Americans in those states were five times more likely than vaccinated Americans to be hospitalized with COVID-19 and eight times more likely to die. A CDC study found that between May 1 and July 25, 2021, unvaccinated residents of Los Angeles County, California, were 29 times more likely to be hospitalized by COVID-19 than their fully vaccinated counterparts.

https://i.imgur.com/JluYFkR.png

Rest - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-variant-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-are-not-in-the-same-ballpark-in-terms-of-risk-141843308.html

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, CDC report finds

Moderna vaccine is most effective, says another study, the largest to date in U.S. to assess real-world effectiveness

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed that the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent-care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer-reviewed, which showed the Moderna vaccine to be more effective than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.

Noting the effectiveness of all vaccines against severe illness and death, public health officials have continued to urge people to get whatever vaccine is available, rather than to shop around and delay inoculation.

“The bottom line is this: We have the scientific tools we need to turn the corner on this pandemic,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said at a White House coronavirus briefing Friday. “Vaccination works and will protect us from the severe complications of covid-19.”

The trio of reports comes just after President Biden announced sweeping coronavirus vaccine mandates Thursday to curb the surging delta variant, a move expected to increase the pressure on the tens of millions of Americans who have resisted vaccinations. The virus has killed more than 650,000 people in the United States, with about 1,500 average daily deaths for the past eight days — a toll not seen since early March, according to data analyzed by The Washington Post.

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2021, 07:29 PM
The same story seems to be playing out everywhere. Short of a few cherry picked areas anyway. Overall speaking though, unvaccinated folks are at a much higher risk.

The vaccine isn't a cure all never can get covid shot - but it is clearly preventing folks from ending up in the hospital, or dead.

---

Delta variant: Unvaccinated and vaccinated people 'are not in the same ballpark' of risk, doctor explains

Amid fears of new variants emerging and evading COVID-19 vaccines, health experts are repeatedly pointing out that being fully vaccinated is very different from being unvaccinated.

“We have to be very clear about who we’re talking about,” Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital and an instructor at Harvard Medical School, said on Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “The Delta variant is extraordinarily dangerous for the unvaccinated, and it presents a problem for the vaccinated that the previous variant did not, but they’re not in the same ballpark. When we see the implications of most breakthrough infections, it is a small fraction of the problem that we saw without vaccination.”

According to an analysis of 38 states and D.C. by the New York Times, unvaccinated Americans in those states were five times more likely than vaccinated Americans to be hospitalized with COVID-19 and eight times more likely to die. A CDC study found that between May 1 and July 25, 2021, unvaccinated residents of Los Angeles County, California, were 29 times more likely to be hospitalized by COVID-19 than their fully vaccinated counterparts.

https://i.imgur.com/JluYFkR.png

Rest - https://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-variant-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-people-are-not-in-the-same-ballpark-in-terms-of-risk-141843308.html

Unvaccinated people were 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, CDC report finds

Moderna vaccine is most effective, says another study, the largest to date in U.S. to assess real-world effectiveness

People who were not fully vaccinated this spring and summer were more than 10 times more likely to be hospitalized, and 11 times more likely to die of covid-19, than those who were fully vaccinated, according to one of three major studies published Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that highlight the continued efficacy of all three vaccines amid the spread of the highly contagious delta variant.

A second study showed that the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was more effective in preventing hospitalizations than its counterparts from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson. That assessment was based on the largest U.S. study to date of the real-world effectiveness of all three vaccines, involving about 32,000 patients seen in hospitals, emergency departments and urgent-care clinics across nine states from June through early August.

While the three vaccines were collectively 86 percent effective in preventing hospitalization, protection was significantly higher among Moderna vaccine recipients (95 percent) than among those who got Pfizer-BioNTech (80 percent) or Johnson & Johnson (60 percent). That finding echoes a smaller study by the Mayo Clinic Health System in August, not yet peer-reviewed, which showed the Moderna vaccine to be more effective than Pfizer-BioNTech at preventing infections during the delta wave.

Noting the effectiveness of all vaccines against severe illness and death, public health officials have continued to urge people to get whatever vaccine is available, rather than to shop around and delay inoculation.

“The bottom line is this: We have the scientific tools we need to turn the corner on this pandemic,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said at a White House coronavirus briefing Friday. “Vaccination works and will protect us from the severe complications of covid-19.”

The trio of reports comes just after President Biden announced sweeping coronavirus vaccine mandates Thursday to curb the surging delta variant, a move expected to increase the pressure on the tens of millions of Americans who have resisted vaccinations. The virus has killed more than 650,000 people in the United States, with about 1,500 average daily deaths for the past eight days — a toll not seen since early March, according to data analyzed by The Washington Post.

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/10/moderna-most-effective-covid-vaccine-studies/
THe article starts off just the way they want it..AMid FEARS OF NEW VARIANTS, ETC , ETC.. With the primary focus being keep the fear flowing. As that works to gift more and more power to government to issue more dictatorial decrees. And they get to create whatever numbers they want,, just like they are doing with creating new variants Tyr

Abbey Marie
09-12-2021, 11:19 PM
Tyr, I believe wholeheartedly that I would be in the ICU right now, or not here at all, had I not been vaccinated before getting COVID now. Fear-inducing or not, this is the sucky way it is. And I am grateful to President Trump for fast-tracking vaccine research, so that it was available.

Black Diamond
09-12-2021, 11:39 PM
Tyr, I believe wholeheartedly that I would be in the ICU right now, or not here at all, had I not been vaccinated before getting COVID now. Fear-inducing or not, this is the sucky way it is. And I am grateful to President Trump for fast-tracking vaccine research, so that it was available.
Glad you are still here
Glad you're still Here.

fj1200
09-13-2021, 07:52 AM
THe article starts off just the way they want it..AMid FEARS OF NEW VARIANTS, ETC , ETC.. With the primary focus being keep the fear flowing. As that works to gift more and more power to government to issue more dictatorial decrees. And they get to create whatever numbers they want,, just like they are doing with creating new variants Tyr

You do know you're creating a self-fulfilling prophecy don't you?

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 03:17 PM
Been reading the past few days about surges in younger folks. And the majority of deaths are from unvaccinated folks.

---

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

Still, the overall trend that emerges from the data echoes what many health care authorities are seeing around the country and what top experts are saying.

Earlier this month, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19, suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

Rest - https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Surf Fishing Guru
09-13-2021, 06:05 PM
Been reading the past few days about surges in younger folks. And the majority of deaths are from unvaccinated folks.

---

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May

What is it with you finding month's old articles citing even month's older data, when COVID was waning and before "Delta" and then bringing that stale crap here and presenting it today as "Been reading the past few days"?

Do you just do Google searches for "COVID deaths" every day and then set the return date range at two or three months ago?

Can we expect you to be posting in January linking articles published in November citing data from now, September, showing the failure of the vaccines against "Delta" (which is really ADE, caused by the vaccine) and how in some states -right now- the share of hospitalized COVID patients that are vaccinated is upwards of 40%?

Will you be doing that?

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:07 PM
What is it with you finding month's old articles citing even month's older data, when COVID was waning and before "Delta" and then bringing that stale crap here and presenting it today as "Been reading the past few days"?

Do you just do Google searches for "COVID deaths" every day and then set the return date range at two or three months ago?

Can we expect you to be posting in January linking articles published in November citing data from now, September, showing the failure of the vaccines against "Delta" (which is really ADE, caused by the vaccine) and how in some states -right now- the share of hospitalized COVID patients that are vaccinated is upwards of 40%?

Will you be doing that?

Right underneath the article heading. What is your issue with reading?

Sun, September 12, 2021, 10:18 AM

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:08 PM
My apologies for posting news as I come across it, from both sides. So piss in your own wheaties.

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:09 PM
Also from this article, and note the date.

https://i.imgur.com/tdtVR13.png

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:12 PM

---

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 107,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 1.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

The AP analyzed figures provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said.

Still, the overall trend that emerges from the data echoes what many health care authorities are seeing around the country and what top experts are saying.

Earlier this month, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19, suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

Rest - https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

This article is from June....

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:13 PM
And yes, Fwiw, these articles are often grouped together among Yahoo news headlines, across the board. Sue me.

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:16 PM
Speaking on this subject, from the very beginning to right now - doesn't really matter as the results have been the same. More vaccinated in hospitals and morgues.

I have posted information that shows both sides - for vaccine and against the vaccine. For and against mandates.

If folks prefer better articles than what I post already - feel free and have at it!

Surf Fishing Guru
09-13-2021, 06:28 PM
Right underneath the article heading. What is your issue with reading?

Sun, September 12, 2021, 10:18 AM

No problem, no problem at all but my post was in reply to your post #6, with this link:

https://i.ibb.co/TcG3Xgs/Jimmyc-link.jpg

Which leads to this page:

https://i.ibb.co/27DFP7d/APJune.jpg

Which . . .

. . . is from June....

Citing data from May which has practically no relevance to today, with the ballooning breakthrough infections from ADE.

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 06:33 PM
The place me on ignore if you don't want to post what you find yourself. I post the daily news as I come across it in my usual searches. I don't always stare for the writer or dates exactly. My apologies if a couple of articles got past, but to imply that this is something I always do is ridiculous. You could have pointed out the few that got by instead of being a dick about it. I'm confident my thousands of threads started will show I usually only post quite recent events, daily events or weekly at best. But whatever if it's an issue for someone, they'll survive.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2021, 06:53 PM
The place me on ignore if you don't want to post what you find yourself. I post the daily news as I come across it in my usual searches. I don't always stare for the writer or dates exactly. My apologies if a couple of articles got past, but to imply that this is something I always do is ridiculous. You could have pointed out the few that got by instead of being a dick about it. I'm confident my thousands of threads started will show I usually only post quite recent events, daily events or weekly at best. But whatever if it's an issue for someone, they'll survive.

There’s nothing wrong with your posts. On the contrary, throughout this pandemic I’ve looked to them for information it is hard to find elsewhere. Anyone who doesn’t like them can scroll on by.

jimnyc
09-13-2021, 07:06 PM
There’s nothing wrong with your posts. On the contrary, throughout this pandemic I’ve looked to them for information it is hard to find elsewhere. Anyone who doesn’t like them can scroll on by.

Recently I switched a little and have been looking across Yahoo's shared crap and directly the Reuters and the AP. I should be more careful in peeking at the dates instead of assuming they're from the daily circuit. It happens. :dunno:

Surf Fishing Guru
09-14-2021, 03:44 AM
The place me on ignore if you don't want to post what you find yourself.

Place you on ignore, as if I feel a need to protect myself from your posts?
Did that make sense to you when you wrote it?

I think it's more like if you can't handle people disputing what you post, why are you posting on a public forum where people can raise issues with your subject, presentation and conclusions? Maybe YOU should just publish a blog and turn comments off if you get upset at pointed rebuttals to what you post.

I post the daily news as I come across it in my usual searches. I don't always stare for the writer or dates exactly.

So confirmation bias mining without regard to whether the info is current, OK, got it.

My apologies if a couple of articles got past, but to imply that this is something I always do is ridiculous. You could have pointed out the few that got by instead of being a dick about it.

Being a dick is posting stale info as the current state of things in service of the government narrative.

I'm confident my thousands of threads started will show I usually only post quite recent events, daily events or weekly at best. But whatever if it's an issue for someone, they'll survive.

Strive for quality over quantity.