PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

jackass
09-27-2007, 06:21 PM
I leave Saturday for the great state of New Jersey. I will overnight in Va on the way up. Spend the day in Pa on Sunday and see some family and friends in NJ mon-friday. Hopefully I will get to do some striper fishing and see the real ocean. The ocean down here isnt the same as the ocean up north. I havent been there in about 2 years so I am really looking foward to it.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Gotta love the ocean in NJ alright....:poke:

Cool, meet up with Jim, and get him drunk as hell so he pee's his bed...

actsnoblemartin
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
have a great time.

I leave Saturday for the great state of New Jersey. I will overnight in Va on the way up. Spend the day in Pa on Sunday and see some family and friends in NJ mon-friday. Hopefully I will get to do some striper fishing and see the real ocean. The ocean down here isnt the same as the ocean up north. I havent been there in about 2 years so I am really looking foward to it.

09-27-2007, 06:28 PM

im sorry. So sorry:(

jackass
09-27-2007, 06:53 PM
im sorry. So sorry:(

What for? You ever been to NJ?

jackass
09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Gotta love the ocean in NJ alright....:poke:

Cool, meet up with Jim, and get him drunk as hell so he pee's his bed...

Pssst...You dont have to get him drunk for him to do that.... :laugh2:

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Pssst...You dont have to get him drunk for him to do that.... :laugh2:

:lol:

That was awesome Chuck!

09-27-2007, 07:01 PM

why else would i apologize? lol

jackass
09-27-2007, 07:07 PM
why else would i apologize? lol

Then you have been to the wrong parts my man. I love it. Gets a totally bad rap. Cant wait to be home!

jackass
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM

That was awesome Chuck!

In the words of Dan.....ZING! :laugh2:

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Then you have been to the wrong parts my man. I love it. Gets a totally bad rap. Cant wait to be home!

There are alot of great features to jersey but not so sure the ocean is one of them unless you like fishing. Too expenisve though..

OCA
09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I leave Saturday for the great state of New Jersey.

Going up there to get a civil union?

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Going up there to get a civil union?

Why, you coming with him? :D

OCA
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Why, you coming with him? :D

No, just on him.:finger3:

New Jersey............home of the queer lovers.:laugh2:

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 07:40 PM

:laugh2:

:finger3:

82Marine89
09-27-2007, 07:44 PM

What exit?

Kathianne
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM

Have a wonderful time! I'm jealous!

Joan
09-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Uh-Oh - you'll be in PA when the Phillies beat the Giants!!

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Uh-Oh - you'll be in PA when the Phillies beat the Giants!!

I'm sure you meant the eagles seeing the the phillies belong to the MLB not the NFL..

Kathianne
09-27-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm sure you meant the eagles seeing the the phillies belong to the MLB not the NFL..

:slap: Leave your mom alone, she's my heroine! LOL!

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
:slap: Leave your mom alone, she's my heroine! LOL!

Well I was going to say something but I know it would come back and bite me so I'lll just leave that one alone. :D

Kathianne
09-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Well I was going to say something but I know it would come back and bite me so I'lll just leave that one alone. :D

:laugh2: You's a smart boy!

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM

HEY! Don't correct yer momma in public, DUMB ASS! :)

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
HEY! Don't correct yer momma in public, DUMB ASS! :)

Starting to get the feeling that you are trying herd to expose my evil ways Mr.P

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 09:11 PM

Starting to get the feeling that you are trying herd to expose my evil ways Mr.P

Nah...all in fun, bud.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Nah...all in fun, bud.

lol, wait until tomorrow when dear old mom reads this for the fun! :D

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
lol, wait until tomorrow when dear old mom reads this for the fun! :D

Yer toast!:laugh2:

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Burnt toast, I'll be looking to throw momma from the train. :D

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Burnt toast, I'll be looking to throw momma from the train. :D

:laugh2: That was a funny movie!

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
:laugh2: That was a funny movie!

Oh man, remember the voice on that lady? "Irwin, rub my feet" Damn, momma gonna put a hurting on me for this one. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-27-2007, 09:34 PM

Which beach are you going to? I would stack the beach at LBI against any one.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 09:45 PM

What the hell is the matter with you people? NJ beaches? maybe for the pizza, the sausage, the general fun of the boardwalk, but the beaches?

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 11:10 PM
What the hell is the matter with you people? NJ beaches? maybe for the pizza, the sausage, the general fun of the boardwalk, but the beaches?

Really..the toxic crap on the NJ shores..geeezzzzz

And who in their right mind would go to NJ on VACATION! ? :laugh2: :poke:

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 08:10 AM

The beach we go to has no boardwalk, pristine white sand, and multi-million dollar homes. You are talking about very different beaches.

http://www.rentlbishorehouse.com/rightpanel.jpg

http://www.adventuredirect.com/graphics/longbeachisland.jpg

http://www.modernpictorials.com/D152%20A%20.jpg

http://www.pineypower.com/surfishing.jpg

http://www.lorilevineinteriors.com/main/images/beach_image/frontpage.jpg

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 08:21 AM
There are alot of great features to jersey but not so sure the ocean is one of them unless you like fishing. Too expenisve though..Don't you be talking badly about the Jersey Shore!!!! ;)

It is most awesome in South Jersey, I can testify to that under oath!

and on a side note, the Jersey tomatoes are SECOND to NONE!!!!! :D

jd

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok people, I know Jersey! living here I spent my younger years at these beaches, boardwalks etc.. One thing I do know is that they attract alot of people, the next thing I know is I would much rather hit at least Virginian before I even consider going for a swim. Fishing these waters have always been good, they have much to feed from, and fish are bountiful. Perhaps the very souther points of Jersey produce decent beaches but still would'nt convince me to take a dip.

Abbey, I dunno where those pics were taken but I have a hard time thinking that it could be LBI, last I was there it looked quite different. Multi million dollar homes? perhaps in Rumson but LBI I would think few and far between.

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 08:57 AM
What exit?on the turnpike or the garden state parkway? ;)

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Ok people, I know Jersey! living here I spent my younger years at these beaches, boardwalks etc.. One thing I do know is that they attract alot of people, the next thing I know is I would much rather hit at least Virginian before I even consider going for a swim. Fishing these waters have always been good, they have much to feed from, and fish are bountiful. Perhaps the very souther points of Jersey produce decent beaches but still would'nt convince me to take a dip.

Abbey, I dunno where those pics were taken but I have a hard time thinking that it could be LBI, last I was there it looked quite different. Multi million dollar homes? perhaps in Rumson but LBI I would think few and far between.

All are from LBI, and since I go there frequently, I can attest to the fact that it looks exactly as it does in the pictures (well, the sunset in the one pic is probably enhanced, lol). If you go to Beach Haven on a summer weekend, the beach will be very crowded, but the other beaches can be quite nice. If you go to the beaches in Barnegat, they are super-wide, and you won't encounter crowds. The beach pics were probably taken on the north side of the causeway, as were the fishing pier and the lighthouse.

There are multi-million dollar homes, particularly on the north side of the Island. There is a wide range of prices, but anything even halfway decent that is not bay front or ocean front will be well over half a mill.

When were you last there? The biggest difference I have seen over the last 25 years is that once they lifted the development ban, new housing took off like crazy, and the houses got bigger and much more contemporary than they used to be. I prefer the older charming cottages. Also, Morrison's burned down a few years ago. :(

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM

jd

That I can't argue, had me some homegrown ones just recently. They are so good that a rinse, and eat them as is works perfectly fine.

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
That I can't argue, had me some homegrown ones just recently. They are so good that a rinse, and eat them as is works perfectly fine.

AMEN! and my life in the 'tomatoe world' since i left new jersey has NEVER been the same!!! :(

09-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't you be talking badly about the Jersey Shore!!!! ;)

jd

have you been to other shores?

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
AMEN! and my life in the 'tomatoe world' since i left new jersey has NEVER been the same!!! :(

I'll tell ya as a one time supplier of my own tomatoes that there is no bad combination with these things, and always just right for eating by themselves.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll tell ya as a one time supplier of my own tomatoes that there is no bad combination with these things, and always just right for eating by themselves.

Yum! Do you put any salt or pepper on them?

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Don't you be talking badly about the Jersey Shore!!!! ;)

jd

Good point, JD. There are almost two Jersey shores. The crowded, boardwalk-infested "Wildwood/Asbury Park ones, and the more laid back, more residential, pretty southern ones like LBI, Avalon and Cape May.

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 10:00 AM
When were you last there? The biggest difference I have seen over the last 25 years is that once they lifted the development ban, new housing took off like crazy, and the houses got bigger and much more contemporary than they used to be. I prefer the older charming cottages. Also, Morrison's burned down a few years ago. :(

I admit that it has been quite awhile since I last visited LBI but if these pictures are somewhat recent I have to agree that major changes for the better have taking place. Still I could'nt find myself on the beach there for anything other then some surf fishing or some bikini watching. I grew up vacationing on the beaches of Florida, coming home to Jersey held no comparison when it came to beaches. As clean as they claim the waters have become you still would'nt be able to convince me to spend my days bathing on these beaches.:D

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Yum! Do you put any salt or pepper on them?

Both but my favorite for simplicity is to mix some italian salad dressing with a bit of mayo, cover the tomatoes with this and chill for about a half hour.

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 10:04 AM
have you been to other shores?oh yes avatar, i have lived on the florida east coast, the florida gulf coast, myrtle beach south carolina coast and frequented the new york coast at jones beach as a kid, and now live on the Maine coastline.... Maine is by far the prettiest coastline that ever existed in the history of mankind....hahaha....as far as i am concerned!!!! But outside of southern/mid maine coast, there are not many beaches here, there are mostly rocky cliffs with views of islands...which is ''good enough'' for me because i could NOT go in to the cold water up here if my life depended on it!!!!!!!!!

i lived on the Jersey south shore during my latter years in high school....near Ocean City/Longport, and during high school the shore and boardwalk was the greatest thing from here to kingdom come!!!! as an adult, maybe it isn't so cool, but as a teen....it was pretty cool! lol

jd

Joan
09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
For those of you that defended me, I thank you. Just a little note, Sir Evil may not be able to type for a few days, since I think I may have busted his arm.

He is also rather stupid about the Jersey beaches - I spent every summer as a kid in Surf City. That one picture has just got to be the Barnegat Light House - right? And Loveladies is now million dollar city! Beach Haven is still nice. My sister had a house in Beach Haven West, we had some great times there. I don't think John has seen a Jersey beach other than Keansburg (ugh) and Seaside Heights. And Jersey has some other beautiful areas. Now granted we also have some shit areas, but what state doesn't? I also remember Coney Island in it's best days! Rode the steeplechase and the parachute jump. Now I wouldn't go there on a bet! Florida beaches are beautiful, I must admit that, but if John were to go back now, it just isn't the same.

And now that I've had my say, I think I'll go in and beat him some more!!

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 11:32 AM
For those of you that defended me, I thank you. Just a little note, Sir Evil may not be able to type for a few days, since I think I may have busted his arm.

He is also rather stupid about the Jersey beaches - I spent every summer as a kid in Surf City. That one picture has just got to be the Barnegat Light House - right? And Loveladies is now million dollar city! Beach Haven is still nice. My sister had a house in Beach Haven West, we had some great times there. I don't think John has seen a Jersey beach other than Keansburg (ugh) and Seaside Heights. And Jersey has some other beautiful areas. Now granted we also have some shit areas, but what state doesn't? I also remember Coney Island in it's best days! Rode the steeplechase and the parachute jump. Now I wouldn't go there on a bet! Florida beaches are beautiful, I must admit that, but if John were to go back now, it just isn't the same.

:poke:

Hey lady, were talking the modern day here!! :D

Keansburg? thats not a beach, thats a dump upon the beach but still good for the boardwalk.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 11:32 AM

Dear Joan,

You are verrrry cool.

Love, Abbey

P.S. Just tell John it's tough love! :D

P.P.S. It is indeed Ol' Barney.

P.P.P.S. I was a Beach Haven girl, and one college summer, worked at The Dutchman's.

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Dear Joan,

You are verrrry cool.

Love, Abbey

P.S. Just tell John it's tough love! :D

P.P.S. It is indeed Ol' Barney.

P.P.P.S. I was a Beach Haven girl, and one college summer, worked at The Dutchman's.

Oh boy, that will go straight to her head! :laugh2:

Joan
09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
No jerkweed, you are what goes straight to my head! You drive me nuts!! And when in hell was the last time you went to Keansburg? I don't think you'd want to go there now!

Abbey - do you remember when the Lucy Evelyn (a gift shop dry docked boat) was there!! Those were the days!! I think that was in Ship Bottom! In fact, my sister is going to her son's house this weekend (they live in Bayville) to babysit while he and the wife take the boat to Beach Haven for the annual Clam Chowder fest! Wish I could go!!

As long as I didn't get the Eagles and the Steeler's mixed up. I'm sure my baby won't diss me like Sir EVIL did!!

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 12:10 PM
No jerkweed, you are what goes straight to my head! You drive me nuts!! And when in hell was the last time you went to Keansburg? I don't think you'd want to go there now!

Abbey - do you remember when the Lucy Evelyn (a gift shop dry docked boat) was there!! Those were the days!! I think that was in Ship Bottom! In fact, my sister is going to her son's house this weekend (they live in Bayville) to babysit while he and the wife take the boat to Beach Haven for the annual Clam Chowder fest! Wish I could go!!

As long as I didn't get the Eagles and the Steeler's mixed up. I'm sure my baby won't diss me like Sir EVIL did!!

Yes, I do rember that ship!

My husband is dying to go to Chowderfest. Is it this weekend? It's too hot now for me to drink soup, though. But I would muddle through somehow. Since his family is from Maine, he gets ticked when they call that vegetable clam soup "Manhattan Clam Chowder". He's a strictly New England Chowder guy. :laugh2: In fact, I heard that the state of Maine passed a law that you cannot call something clam chowder unless it is milk-based, lol.

Do you by any chance remember a divey kind of bar called the Hudson House? We used to go there for cheap beers and free shuffleboard (the table kind) in my hippie days. Memories...

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Do you by any chance remember a divey kind of bar called the Hudson House? We used to go there for cheap beers and free shuffleboard (the table kind) in my hippie days. Memories...

Shuffleboard?
:laugh2::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Shuffleboard?
:laugh2::laugh2:

Yup.

Btw, who's that in your avatar holding the flag? Is it PeeWee Herman? :laugh2:

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Yup.

Btw, who's that in your avatar holding the flag? Is it PeeWee Herman? :laugh2:

lol, yes, Pee Wee on his big adventure! Yeah I am a rotten bastard but I have my reasons. :dev:

jackass
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
There are alot of great features to jersey but not so sure the ocean is one of them unless you like fishing. Too expenisve though..

Why not the ocean? It is beautiful now! It is sooo much cleaner nowadays. Fishing isnt expensive either. I would walk down the beach..find some clams sitting in the wash, crack them open and throw it out on a weighted hook. About as cheap as you can get. :)

jackass
09-28-2007, 01:20 PM

This coming from the San Fran fan!! :poke:

jackass
09-28-2007, 01:23 PM

I REFUSE to go to any pay beach. Im local!! :D I usually go to a no name beach. Ya know I have NEVER been to LBI!!! Can you believe that?? I am thinking of moving close to there though. They are building a new COstco in Manahawking I think so I will prob put a transfer in to it.
The "new place to be" is Long Branch. They are calling it the new Hamptons!!! :eek:

jackass
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
To all you naysayers about Jersey..you are all fools. Sir Evil...I am especially ashamed of you...be a native and all.
I have been all over the east coast beaches. From Mass to SC now..and New Jersey beaches are just as good and usually BETTER than most. It is a great mix of the southern (tepid waters) and northern (surf action) beaches. The beach here is SC...doesnt even sound like a beach. The waves come rollign in and hit your ankles...after you walked 30 feet into the water.
Even Asbury Park...yester years dive place has great beaches and is undergoing one of the best face lifts seen in years.
The sunsets and sunrises are second to none along the coast. Cape May is one of the prettiest towns there are and might have the best spot for sunsets in the northeast.
If you havent been to NJ in a while...or never been..then you dont know what you are missing.

Joan
09-28-2007, 01:57 PM
That's Manahawkin Chuck, Janeen's in-laws live there, and from what I understand, the price of homes have sky-rocketed there!! My ex-inlaws had a house in Forked River right on the lagoon - I can't imagine what it would be worth today!!

In my teen years, the "in" place to go was Jenkinson's Beach in Pt. Pleasant. There was a little bar on the boardwalk who would serve anybody, so we had a lot of "wasted weekends".

Abby the Chowderfest is definitely this weekend. You are a lot younger than I, so I don't remember the bar you are talking about. But I do remember playing miniature golf down there!

As for OCA, the only queer spots I know of in Jersey are Ocean Grove and Belmar! And as a Greek you should talk???

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Here's a page of real estate listings for LBI:

http://www.vandyklbi.com/search.html?zip=08008&type=1&beds=0&baths=0&min=0&max=99999999

I think this is the most expensive home on it, but it's hard to be sure since the site won't let me look any more without registering. I did see several in the 6 and 7 mill range, and another for around 10 mill.

List Price: $ 14,995,000

http://images.vandyklbi.com/listingphotos5/3015405a.jpg

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I go to Tampa Bay for my vacations.
St.Pete to be more exact.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 09:03 PM
I go to Tampa Bay for my vacations.
St.Pete to be more exact.

I've never been to St. Petersburg. Tell us about it?

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I've never been to St. Petersburg. Tell us about it?
It's really nice there. Only about 15 minutes from Tampa. I still go to Tampa a lot but I spend most of my time in St.Petersburg because thats where all my family lives. Some live in Clearwater which is right next to St.Pete on that strip of land that curves off the side of Tampa:
http://water.usgs.gov/osw/techniques/sedtech21/images/tampa.jpeg

The beaches are so great there, because they usually aren't over crowded.

This is St.Pete:
http://www.awesomeflorida.com/images/st_pete1_big.jpg

This is St.Pete beach:
http://goflorida.about.com/library/graphics/stpetebch.jpg

You see a lot of this because of all the weird little strips of land:
http://www.tbrpc.org/waterfront/images/Stpier.jpg

Theres a lot of things to do in Tampa Bay.
The Football games, the baseball games (even though they suck)...Nobody goes to the baseball games (the stadium is litteraly about a 1/3 full)...so what we do is buy the cheapest tickets (10$) and go to games when they play the Yankees and then just sit in open seats about 6 rows away.

Theres malls all over the place. Really big malls.

This is the Sunshine Skyway bridge:
http://www.hermansgallery.com/Backdrop_Cityscapes/Backdrop_for_L-737.htm

Theres this place called Baywalk right near the beach where they have some good bands play on Friday nights and really good (pretty expensive, but good) places to eat:
http://www.hermansgallery.com/Backdrop_Cityscapes/Backdrop_for_C-105.htm
I go there with my cousins a lot.

Theres just a lot of stuff to do there.
I don't think its that expensive to vacation there either. Not compared to West Palm Beach or hot spots in Miami.

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
It's really nice there. Only about 15 minutes from Tampa. I still go to Tampa a lot but I spend most of my time in St.Petersburg because thats where all my family lives. Some live in Clearwater which is right next to St.Pete on that strip of land that curves off the side of Tampa:
http://water.usgs.gov/osw/techniques/sedtech21/images/tampa.jpeg

The beaches are so great there, because they usually aren't over crowded.

This is St.Pete:
http://www.awesomeflorida.com/images/st_pete1_big.jpg

This is St.Pete beach:
http://goflorida.about.com/library/graphics/stpetebch.jpg

You see a lot of this because of all the weird little strips of land:
http://www.tbrpc.org/waterfront/images/Stpier.jpg

Theres a lot of things to do in Tampa Bay.
The Football games, the baseball games (even though they suck)...Nobody goes to the baseball games (the stadium is litteraly about a 1/3 full)...so what we do is buy the cheapest tickets (10$) and go to games when they play the Yankees and then just sit in open seats about 6 rows away.

Theres malls all over the place. Really big malls.

This is the Sunshine Skyway bridge:
http://www.hermansgallery.com/Backdrop_Cityscapes/Backdrop_for_L-737.htm

Theres this place called Baywalk right near the beach where they have some good bands play on Friday nights and really good (pretty expensive, but good) places to eat:
http://www.hermansgallery.com/Backdrop_Cityscapes/Backdrop_for_C-105.htm
I go there with my cousins a lot.

Theres just a lot of stuff to do there.
I don't think its that expensive to vacation there either. Not compared to West Palm Beach or hot spots in Miami.

i lived there for 10 years in various spots, and my husband lived there is whole life until we moved up to newengland about 10 years ago, obama!

we know st pete quite well.... we lived in treasure island, fla on a canal that went out to the Gulf.... saw dophins every day swimming in the canal, the sunsets are second to none, Gators to the north and Woody's to the south... as sitting on the dock/deck, dive bars... :D..... man, that was the life! dolphin, red snapper, yellowtail, the shrimp and fresh oysters.....all avail in the region....yummmmm....i am getting hungry!!!

the family we have in the tampa bay region live in Tampa, but my hubby and I lived in st.pete near tyrone square mall for 5 years when i was a buyer for Dillard's Dept stores, which had their corporate headquarters above the store there.... then we moved to treasure island, in a condo on the intracoastal, for a year, before we moved to the boston region, up here....but now in maine!

small world!!

jd