PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Staff Short Amid Forced Vaccinations

Gunny
09-19-2021, 12:00 PM
Who needs football? We got the Pigheaded Superstition vs the Brickheaded Superstition Bowl to watch :rolleyes:

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:23 AM PT – Sunday, September 19, 2021Hospitals across the U.S. are facing shortages over vaccine mandates. While some public health experts have said new vaccine mandates may not show its impact for several months, hospitals are already facing staffing shortage as workers are refusing to be vaccinated.
In New York, hospital and nursing home employees are required to get vaccinated in the coming weeks or face the possibility of losing their jobs. President and CEO of Thompson Health, Michael Stapleton, said the vaccine mandate could lead to even more of an increase in job openings as there are workers who still haven’t received the COVID-19 vaccine.
“We’re going to lose people over this mandate. That breaks my heart,” said Stapleton. “These are great people who have cared for our community over and over again. They’ve dedicated their careers to taking care of people and now they’re not going to potentially be able to. That’s horrible.”

Meanwhile in Texas, Brownfield Texas Regional Center said they could close down if they lose too many workers over forced vaccinations. In addition, CEO of Seminole Hospital District, Larry Gray, said that while vaccinations are encouraged for his staff, he doesn’t believe mandating the vaccine is appropriate.
“I think the mandate is just a terrible message because if the vaccinations are working, why do you have to mandate people to get the vaccines? What happens to individual choice and medical decisions between the patient and their doctor, which is all of the things we’re trying to support,” conveyed Gray.
A growing number of health care workers have also begun questioning how vaccine mandates can be enforced. Kasie Barrett, a Duke Health employee, said she’s curious as to how anyone could have the authority to mandate anything on another individual. Barrett went on to say she had a right to choose.
In the meantime, while many are hopeful vaccine mandates will be helpful, others believe the mandates will backfire and people will continue to resist.
https://www.oann.com/hospital-staff-short-amid-forced-vaccinations/

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 02:12 PM
Why are so many medical professionals, who are on the frontline of this situation, refusing the vaccine? Do they know something that we don't?

Gunny
09-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Nothing qualifies "hospital staff" as more knowledgeable. They just don't want to get the vaccine based on the same conflicting info everyone else has. Unfortunately for them, they're in the wrong line of work.

I wouldn't go to a hospital for ANY reason if the staff wasn't required to be vaccinated. Going (especially for me and those like me) means there's something actually wrong to begin with. I don't need to bring home anything I didn't arrive with.

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 02:26 PM
Nothing qualifies "hospital staff" as more knowledgeable. They just don't want to get the vaccine based on the same conflicting info everyone else has. Unfortunately for them, they're in the wrong line of work.

I wouldn't go to a hospital for ANY reason if the staff wasn't required to be vaccinated. Going (especially for me and those like me) means there's something actually wrong to begin with. I don't need to bring home anything I didn't arrive with.

A lot of the "staff" are doctors who question the efficacy of the vaccine. Especially when the virus has high recovery rate and there are other protocols that can be used other than an experimental vaccine.

I still think everyone should make their own decisions based on their own research. Not a power hungry governmental mandate.

As for hospital staff possibly having something you might catch ... more things than covid can be caught in hospital.

fj1200
09-19-2021, 02:55 PM
Why are so many medical professionals, who are on the frontline of this situation, refusing the vaccine? Do they know something that we don't?

Apparently more are vaccinated than are not.

Healthcare workers have been gradually coming around to COVID-19 vaccines, with one-third more people vaccinated since earlier in the year, but 27 percent of them are still unvaccinated, and 15 percent of the unvaccinated group are firmly opposed to immunizations. More healthcare employers may be pressured to mandate immunizations to stave off contagious Delta variant infections.
https://news.northeastern.edu/2021/08/18/many-healthcare-workers-still-havent-gotten-covid-19-vaccines/

If the number is right then more are vaccinated than the general population.

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 02:59 PM
Apparently more are vaccinated than are not.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2021/08/18/many-healthcare-workers-still-havent-gotten-covid-19-vaccines/

If the number is right then more are vaccinated than the general population.

Yep .. pretty hard to walk away from job when it's the source of family income. Wonder how many felt forced to be compliant?

fj1200
09-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Yep .. pretty hard to walk away from job when it's the source of family income. Wonder how many felt forced to be compliant?

Hopefully not many but many of them are also covered by other vaccination mandates.

Do you believe the number is higher than the general population solely because of vaccine mandates?

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 03:12 PM
Hopefully not many but many of them are also covered by other vaccination mandates.

Do you believe the number is higher than the general population solely because of vaccine mandates?

I do believe more have gotten vaccine due to fear of losing their job. Also, the other vaccine mandates were not experimental on the general population when mandated as part of their job.

fj1200
09-19-2021, 03:17 PM
One of them is no longer experimental.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 03:35 PM

I do believe more have gotten vaccine due to fear of losing their job. Also, the other vaccine mandates were not experimental on the general population when mandated as part of their job.
There doesn't have to always be a boogeyman. Maybe they got their vaccines because they decided to get their vaccines. As FJ pointed out somewhere up there, they already have vaccinations or they wouldn't have the jobs they have to begin with.

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 03:47 PM
One of them is no longer experimental.

After experiments on how many people who had no idea they were part of an experimental study.

How many people getting the vax were adequately informed about what was being injected into them?

Is that really a controlled study or just a shotgun bring fired to see what it hits?

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 03:49 PM
There doesn't have to always be a boogeyman. Maybe they got their vaccines because they decided to get their vaccines. As FJ pointed out somewhere up there, they already have vaccinations or they wouldn't have the jobs they have to begin with.
And, as I said, those earlier required vaccines were not experimental.

fj1200
09-19-2021, 04:11 PM
After experiments on how many people who had no idea they were part of an experimental study.

How many people getting the vax were adequately informed about what was being injected into them?

Is that really a controlled study or just a shotgun bring fired to see what it hits?

The vaccine was part of studies prior to EUA.

If you didn't know your vaccine was under EUA you've been living under a rock.

Again, the vaccine had studies prior to use just like any other vaccine and medications. And just like any other vaccine it's subject to VAERS with a probability of higher degrees of accuracy in reporting given the coverage.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 04:27 PM
And, as I said, those earlier required vaccines were not experimental.Each and every vaccine went through the same experimental process this one has.

This one is no longer considered experimental. However, I will point out that going outside the vaccine for medical remedy IS considered experimental.