PDA

View Full Version : Gov. DeSantis Vows To Fight Antibody Treatment Limit

Gunny
09-19-2021, 12:13 PM
Petty. Biden's handlers are clearly in the wrong here. Agree with DeSantis or not, you don't punish the people to take political cheap shots at the Governor just because he won't kiss ass to the Fed government. Again, who are the real losers here?

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 3:15 PM PT – Saturday, September 18, 2021Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) pledges to “work like hell” to ensure his constituents have access to monoclonal antibodies to fight COVID-19. The statement on Thursday was in response to the Biden administration clamping down on shipments of the antibodies to the Sunshine State.
Health and Human Services seized control of the supply lines this week and limited Florida’s deliveries by half. DeSantis claimed such sudden disruption would cause patients to suffer.
The Biden administration has experienced a lot of pushback from Republican governors, including DeSantis. “We’re facing a massive, massive cut in monoclonal antibody treatments abruptly,” said the governor. He added how Biden said there would be a 50 percent increase, however now they’re seeing more than a 50 percent cut in Florida.

Meanwhile, the Republican governor is looking to go around the federal government and buy directly from the source.
https://www.oann.com/gov-desantis-vows-to-fight-antibody-treatment-limit/

Gunny
09-19-2021, 12:20 PM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:16 AM PT – Sunday, September 19, 2021Florida’s lieutenant governor says it’s wrong that the Biden administration is limiting the supply of monoclonal antibodies to the state of Florida. One America’s Stefan Kleinhenz has more.
video @ link: https://www.oann.com/nunez-on-biden-reducing-fla-monoclonal-supply-politics-at-its-worst-disgusting/

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Governors are elected to do what's best for their state. I'm happy he has no problem bucking the DC political corruption.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 12:58 PM
Governors are elected to do what's best for their state. I'm happy he has no problem bucking the DC political corruption.I think both Abbott and DeSantis are playing to the hard line while alienating moderates/independents and it's going to cost them.

For one, I have "unincluded" DeSantis on any 2024 list I have mulling about in my brain housing group.

Having said that, I view the second post as Biden having a pissing contest with the Governor of Florida at the People's expense; which, IMO, is worse than clueless, arbitrary mandates.

The Federal government is supposed to help the people despite political differences with governors. Even Trump had that one figured out even though his offers of help were thrown back in his face by fruitloop politicians. Those occasions were at the expense of the people as well.

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 01:04 PM
I think both Abbott and DeSantis are playing to the hard line while alienating moderates/independents and it's going to cost them.

For one, I have "unincluded" DeSantis on any 2024 list I have mulling about in my brain housing group.

Having said that, I view the second post as Biden having a pissing contest with the Governor of Florida at the People's expense; which, IMO, is worse than clueless, arbitrary mandates.

The Federal government is supposed to help the people despite political differences with governors. Even Trump had that one figured out even though his offers of help were thrown back in his face by fruitloop politicians. Those occasions were at the expense of the people as well.

I'm a registered Independent, white female, retired baby boomer and right now moderates are too far left for me. I want someone in office that does not play the political games of trying to please everyone. I want someone who is more dedicated to getting things back on track.

I feel this way because to get balance from the looney toon liberal nut jobs in power right now are tipping the ship and we need a counter balance. Maybe that's an individual like DeSantis.

There's still time for a dark horse to show up.