PDA

View Full Version : Body Found Matching Gabby Petito . . .

Surf Fishing Guru
09-19-2021, 06:52 PM
I'm hearing conflicting reports that a positive ID has been made but all evidence points to it being her.

The authorities got very lucky given the expanse of the area. A vlogger was editing dashcam footage and saw they captured Gabby's van parked on the side of the road.

They called the cops and the date stamp made this the last known solid location of the van. Close inspection of still images showed the sandals she always wore on the ground as if she slipped them off to put on hiking boots.

This gave the authorities a good search area and they found remains a short distance away.

RIP Gabby.

JakeStarkey
09-19-2021, 06:55 PM
RIP, Gabby.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 07:28 PM
Aside from being a youtube "vlogger" (whatever that is) who is she? I've never heard of her before.

SassyLady
09-19-2021, 07:33 PM
She was on cross country trip with boyfriend and he came home in her van and has been hiding out at his parents house. Lawyered up even before police showed up. Didn't file missing person report. Everyone has been looking for hef last couple of weeks. Police went to get him at parents but now he's missing

JakeStarkey
09-19-2021, 07:42 PM
emains 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito found ... (https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJ7Jqo2Edh5AEAC51XNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9 zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1632127272/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fnypost.com%2f2021%2f09%2f19%2fgab by-petitos-body-found-in-wyoming-national-park-fbi-confirms%2f/RK=2/RS=s4N4Zprv.XF75uV8TSxm2_f7X6k-)

2 hours ago · The FBI confirmed that it found Gabby Petito’s dead body in Bridger-Teton National Forest. Petito was on a cross-country trip with boyfriend Brian Laundrie when she went missing. Petito’s ...

newyork.cbslocal.com › 2021/09/19 › fbi-says-bodyFBI Says Body Found In Grand Teton National Park Believed To ... (https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/09/19/fbi-says-body-believed-to-be-gabby-petito-found-in-grand-teton-national-park/)

2 hours ago · FBI Says Body Found In Grand Teton National Park Believed To Be Gabby PetitoThe FBI said Sunday evening a body believed to be that of missing Long Island native Gabby Petito has been found in ...

www.nydailynews.com › news › nationalBody found in area of search for Gabby Petito: report - New ... (https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-body-found-search-gabby-petito-wyoming-20210919-r7epu7lroncs5e6ph5e7xw2pvm-story.html)

Sep 19, 2021 · Sep 19, 2021 at 5:09 PM. A body was reportedly discovered in Wyoming where officials have been searching for Gabby Petito, whose family reported her missing more than a

Gunny
09-20-2021, 11:50 AM
She was on cross country trip with boyfriend and he came home in her van and has been hiding out at his parents house. Lawyered up even before police showed up. Didn't file missing person report. Everyone has been looking for hef last couple of weeks. Police went to get him at parents but now he's missingOh. That usually doesn't end well.

SassyLady
09-21-2021, 01:11 AM
Oh. That usually doesn't end well.
Have they found boyfriend yet?

Kathianne
09-21-2021, 01:40 AM
Have they found boyfriend yet?
Nope. The FBI swarmed the parents home this a.m.. They put the parents in FBI car together. Pretty weird that, as they usually keep folks apart-wanna bet they recorded them? About the same time they were serving the warrants, law enforcement pulled out of where the parents reported he went hiking and they retrieved the car from. Looks like they have a good idea of what has happened to some degree. I'm thinking they may charge the parents with conspiracy or something else, it's all too weird.

SassyLady
09-21-2021, 02:27 AM
Nope. The FBI swarmed the parents home this a.m.. They put the parents in FBI car together. Pretty weird that, as they usually keep folks apart-wanna bet they recorded them? About the same time they were serving the warrants, law enforcement pulled out of where the parents reported he went hiking and they retrieved the car from. Looks like they have a good idea of what has happened to some degree. I'm thinking they may charge the parents with conspiracy or something else, it's all too weird.

The whole running home to mommy and daddy thing really bothers me especially getting lawyer immediately. 5hen not talking to police to help locate her was very suspicious. And, he went missing days ago?

Maybe he committed suicide. If so, I hope they find hid body so there's no speculation about whether he's dead or on the run.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 09:09 AM
Nope. The FBI swarmed the parents home this a.m.. They put the parents in FBI car together. Pretty weird that, as they usually keep folks apart-wanna bet they recorded them? About the same time they were serving the warrants, law enforcement pulled out of where the parents reported he went hiking and they retrieved the car from. Looks like they have a good idea of what has happened to some degree. I'm thinking they may charge the parents with conspiracy or something else, it's all too weird.You're on the money about putting them together. An old interrogation technique. Just don't have to hold a glass to the wall nowadays :) Detainees are usually kept separate in general.

Two people involved in a crime will usually talk. If nothing else, trying to get their story straight. Heck, if you watch these factual reality crime shows, they will leave a person alone and go sit outside and watch them. They talk to themselves and/or do all kinds of goofy stuff when they get the idea from who knows where that no one is watching.

I guess they could get the parents for aiding and abetting; which, is more often than not used as a threat to get the parents to tell them where Jr is. Unless they are directly involved, the law could care less about them except as a means to an end.

I DO get that this is one of those human interest/tragedy stories that probably has some really stupid motivation behind it. I just don't get what is so special about this Gabby person that she made the national media and has the FBI working her case. People disappear every day. They get murdered by their SO every day too.

Kathianne
09-21-2021, 09:50 AM
Looks like law enforcement is back at FL preserve.

NightTrain
09-21-2021, 10:02 AM
I watched the bodycam footage and I got some very strange vibes from her. She was very upset, and blamed it on her 'OCD'... which didn't make much sense. I got pyscho vibes from her, honed from my early 20s dating hot but crazy women. I could be wrong about that, but she came off as extremely unstable and barely holding herself together when interacting with the cops.

Laundrie was calm and extremely apologetic, and clearly thought he was about to be cuffed-n-stuffed, which is a good bet in that scenario. But he had scratches on his face and she had grabbed the wheel as he was pulling over, hitting the curb. They both told the cops that separately, and I don't think there was enough time to get the story straight on that detail - and she wasn't very coherent or in any shape for a cover up, IMHO.

It seemed like she'd been attacking him as they were driving, allegedly arguing over a phone.

That being said, his behavior sends up all sorts of red flags.

Why didn't he call the cops up in Wyoming when she went missing? Why did he abandon her and drive back to his parent's house in Florida? Why did he lawyer up before even talking to the cops? Why did he sneak out of the house and disappear? Why did his parents give him as much of a head start as possible by staying quiet?

The whole thing is weird. I think she had very serious mental issues and he killed her... will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 10:30 AM
I watched the bodycam footage and I got some very strange vibes from her. She was very upset, and blamed it on her 'OCD'... which didn't make much sense. I got pyscho vibes from her, honed from my early 20s dating hot but crazy women. I could be wrong about that, but she came off as extremely unstable and barely holding herself together when interacting with the cops.

Laundrie was calm and extremely apologetic, and clearly thought he was about to be cuffed-n-stuffed, which is a good bet in that scenario. But he had scratches on his face and she had grabbed the wheel as he was pulling over, hitting the curb. They both told the cops that separately, and I don't think there was enough time to get the story straight on that detail - and she wasn't very coherent or in any shape for a cover up, IMHO.

It seemed like she'd been attacking him as they were driving, allegedly arguing over a phone.

That being said, his behavior sends up all sorts of red flags.

Why didn't he call the cops up in Wyoming when she went missing? Why did he abandon her and drive back to his parent's house in Florida? Why did he lawyer up before even talking to the cops? Why did he sneak out of the house and disappear? Why did his parents give him as much of a head start as possible by staying quiet?

The whole thing is weird. I think she had very serious mental issues and he killed her... will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.He doesn't sound very bright.

NightTrain
09-21-2021, 10:41 AM
He doesn't sound very bright.

Right.

Another detail that screams red flags is that Gabby's phone sent a text message to her mother saying to calm Stan down and that everything was okay... apparently Stan, Gabby's grandfather, had been calling and leaving voicemail messages because he was worried.

Gabby never called him Stan, according to her mother.

I'll wager that the text was sent after she was already dead in an attempt to buy more time before things blew up for Laundrie.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 11:20 AM
Right.

Another detail that screams red flags is that Gabby's phone sent a text message to her mother saying to calm Stan down and that everything was okay... apparently Stan, Gabby's grandfather, had been calling and leaving voicemail messages because he was worried.

Gabby never called him Stan, according to her mother.

I'll wager that the text was sent after she was already dead in an attempt to buy more time before things blew up for Laundrie.I didn't know one could actually do everything completely wrong in the commission of one crime. Where has he NOT screwed up? Hauling ass back to FL without calling the police in Wy. Hiding.

If he's not guilty, he's sure dug himself a deep hole.

One can only imagine the "why?" answer. What would be worth going on a trip with your GF across the nation where everybody and his brother, to include youtube followers apparently, knows it's just you and her, killing her then running home alone right to where everyone knows you're going to go?

I'm coming up empty.

Kathianne
09-21-2021, 11:31 AM
He doesn't sound very bright.

I can see why one would see her as 'crazy' which she may well have been.

Then again the reason the police stopped them was because of a call from motorist who saw him slapping her, she was emotionally blaming herself to police.

The guy that made the call has come forward and said she kept saying to Brian, "why do you have to be so mean to me?" He also was under the impression the male was trying to take her phone and leave. They then both got into van and left..

This was what made him call police.

I doubt we'll ever know, she may have been crazy or just displaying abuse syndrome. He may have been attacked by her or those may have been defensive.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 11:56 AM
I can see why one would see her as 'crazy' which she may well have been.

Then again the reason the police stopped them was because of a call from motorist who saw him slapping her, she was emotionally blaming herself to police.

The guy that made the call has come forward and said she kept saying to Brian, "why do you have to be so mean to me?" He also was under the impression the male was trying to take her phone and leave. They then both got into van and left..

This was what made him call police.

I doubt we'll ever know, she may have been crazy or just displaying abuse syndrome. He may have been attacked by her or those may have been defensive.Guess I'm going to have to go digging around and see what I can find. I have no idea what y'all are seeing :)

Black Diamond
09-21-2021, 11:57 AM
Guess I'm going to have to go digging around and see what I can find. I have no idea what y'all are seeing :)

In the end the conclusion may be "Love is strange".

Gunny
09-21-2021, 12:02 PM
In the end the conclusion may be "Love is strange".True, but not worth killing over.

Which brings up another question: He better hope he's tried in Wy or by the Feds. Fl will stick a needle in his arm that won't be a vaccine.

JakeStarkey
09-21-2021, 12:04 PM
She was certainly distraught and certainly abused.

I wonder if his family are all sociopaths that helped enable his behavior

Kathianne
09-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Guess I'm going to have to go digging around and see what I can find. I have no idea what y'all are seeing :)
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-utah-fight-brian-laundrie-witness-statement

A place to start.

Also seems some guy's motion camera set up in preserve may have picked up Laundrie.

Kathianne
09-21-2021, 12:39 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-utah-fight-brian-laundrie-witness-statement

A place to start.

Also seems some guy's motion camera set up in preserve may have picked up Laundrie.

https://www.wjhg.com/2021/09/21/okaloosa-county-sheriffs-deputies-investigate-report-possible-brian-laundrie-sighting/

Mr. P
09-21-2021, 02:44 PM
My guess is: Mommy and Daddy gave him enough cash to flee the country to one without extradition.

Just a guess, I think the visit to this reserve was just part of a smokescreen.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 08:41 PM
My guess is: Mommy and Daddy gave him enough cash to flee the country to one without extradition.

Just a guess, I think the visit to this reserve was just part of a smokescreen.If you haven't been in the swamp in S FL, then you haven't been in the swamp in S FL. Either this guy is a hard core survivalist, or he ain't surviving. Or he ain't there. Everything in the swamp is designed to hurt you somehow. Swamp don't get you, the people will :laugh:

There's really no trying to out think THIS particular genius. Probably went in swamp and got ate by a gator :laugh:

Surf Fishing Guru
09-21-2021, 09:01 PM
There's a game camera image circulating, taken in Baker, Florida:

Black Diamond
09-21-2021, 09:14 PM
If you haven't been in the swamp in S FL, then you haven't been in the swamp in S FL. Either this guy is a hard core survivalist, or he ain't surviving. Or he ain't there. Everything in the swamp is designed to hurt you somehow. Swamp don't get you, the people will :laugh:

There's really no trying to out think THIS particular genius. Probably went in swamp and got ate by a gator :laugh:

He swims with Jimmy hoffa.

fj1200
09-21-2021, 09:43 PM
Maybe he committed suicide.

That's my guess too. But my commitment to this story runs no deeper than any headline that mistakenly gets in my field of vision.

Gunny
09-22-2021, 09:04 AM
Was wondering about this. What the Hell happened to her body that it took so long to identify? It's been awhile since "body consistent with" and "identified as ".

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 6:25 PM PT – Tuesday, September 21, 2021The FBI confirmed the body found in a Wyoming national park over the weekend belongs to 22-year-old Gabby Petito. On Tuesday, FBI in Denver said the coroner’s initial determination for the manner of death was a homicide.
However, the agency added Petito’s official cause of death remains pending until final autopsy results. Petito’s family last heard from her on August 25 after going on a cross country trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie, who police named as a person of interest.
The FBI concluded their search of the family home of Brian Laundrie, yet will not release any more information at this time as the investigation continues. Bureau agents swarmed the residence of Laundrie in North Port, Florida following the discovery of the body.

The couple shared the home with Laundrie’s parents before taking off together on their van trip. Laundrie came home to Florida without Petito and has since also gone missing. Laundrie’s family claimed they last saw him leaving with a backpack last week.
Laundrie’s whereabouts remain unknown and authorities continue to search for him in Florida.
One America’s Stephanie Myers details the events in the high-profile case.
https://www.oann.com/reports-body-found-as-police-search-for-gabby-petito/

Gunny
09-22-2021, 09:09 AM
That's my guess too. But my commitment to this story runs no deeper than any headline that mistakenly gets in my field of vision.Yep. Not trying to rude and it IS a tragedy, no matter how it ends. Why this particular story when there are plenty like it or more gruesome.

I'm thinking maybe because it has all the bells and whistles. Investigation discovery will probably start a whole new series with this story as the opener, then follow it with their usual lineup of similar stories they repackage and rehash. If Forensic Flies is still making episodes, it's a shoe in.

Otherwise, if this guy hasn't killed himself yet, he may as well.

fj1200
09-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Yep. Not trying to rude and it IS a tragedy, no matter how it ends. Why this particular story when there are plenty like it or more gruesome.

It's the flavor of the month. People think they can care about someone without the emotional input.

Jim Gaffigan puts it perfectly. Start about 5:30 for the gist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYKGFujJp6Y

SassyLady
09-22-2021, 01:06 PM
Yep. Not trying to rude and it IS a tragedy, no matter how it ends. Why this particular story when there are plenty like it or more gruesome.

I'm thinking maybe because it has all the bells and whistles. Investigation discovery will probably start a whole new series with this story as the opener, then follow it with their usual lineup of similar stories they repackage and rehash. If Forensic Flies is still making episodes, it's a shoe in.

Otherwise, if this guy hasn't killed himself yet, he may as well.

She was a YouTuber who had thousands of followers. It's not just family concerned. It was all her fans.

Abbey Marie
09-23-2021, 01:31 PM
…Why this particular story when there are plenty like it or more gruesome.

She’s young and pretty.

Black Diamond
09-23-2021, 02:06 PM
She’s young and pretty.

Channeling Natalee Holloway

fj1200
09-23-2021, 09:50 PM
She’s young and pretty.

That answers every relevant question; Why she's in the news? Why she has followers on YouTube? Why she thinks she can be a travel influencer?

Gunny
09-24-2021, 11:22 AM
The story header is as misleading as the FBI calling Laundrie a "person of interest". The warrant was issued for using someone else's debit card. AN "oh, by the way" in the 2nd paragraph.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:14 AM PT – Friday, September 24, 2021The U.S. District Court of Wyoming has issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie as authorities continue to search for him. In a statement Thursday, the FBI’s Denver field office said the warrant was “issued pursuant to a federal grand jury indictment” related to Laundrie’s activities following the death of 22-year-old Gabby Petito.

Laundrie, is being charged with intent to defraud a Capitol One bank card. However, the indictment does not say who the card belongs to. This comes days after Petito’s body was found and authorities ruled her death a homicide.
Family members of Petito have suggested Laundrie is in hiding. They also took aim at he Laundrie family’s attorney for participating in what they have deemed “a massive cover-up” and stalling tactic. Meanwhile, authorities reported search crews were motivated to find the only person of interest in the case.
“We’re out here with our law enforcement partners, we’re searching for Brian Laundrie,” stated Joe Fussell of North Port Police Department. “We’ve deployed numerous resources and we are trying to cover every acre in this preserve.”
Fussell stressed law enforcement partners are working around the clock in efforts to bring justice to the Petito family. He said crews are using ATV’s, dogs, dive teams and sonar equipment to analyze large bodies of water as almost 75 percent of where the manhunt is taking place is water.
The FBI confirmed the body found in a Wyoming national park last weekend belonged to Petito. On Tuesday, FBI in Denver said the coroner’s initial determination for the manner of death was a homicide. However, the agency added that Petito’s official cause of death remains pending until final autopsy results.
Laundrie, who has not been charged with a crime or named a suspect in the case, has been missing now for one week. He was on a cross-country van trip with Petito when she disappeared and he returned home to Florida without her.
Officials have warned, Laundrie is “running out of time to hide with each passing moment.”
https://www.oann.com/reports-body-found-as-police-search-for-gabby-petito/

jimnyc
10-12-2021, 01:50 PM
Autopsy results released today and apparently she has died from strangulation.

I am 100% convinced that her scumbag boyfriend committed this crime, and his disappearance mostly proves this as he is still missing.

fj1200
10-21-2021, 02:08 PM
Suspected human remains and items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/brian-laundrie-update-gabby-petito/index.html)

Kathianne
10-21-2021, 03:00 PM
Suspected human remains and items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/brian-laundrie-update-gabby-petito/index.html)

Truly weird. Park re-opens Tuesday, parents contact LE cause they want to look. Boom, father finds some items, police find remains. Just saying, it's odd.

jimnyc
10-21-2021, 07:09 PM
FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID’d as Brian Laundrie

Authorities say remains found in a Florida wilderness park are those of Brian Laundrie, who was a person of interest in the death of girlfriend Gabby Petito

FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID’d as Brian LaundrieBy CURT ANDERSONAssociated PressThe Associated PressST. PETERSBURG, Fla.

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The FBI on Thursday identified human remains found in a Florida nature preserve as those of Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the death of girlfriend Gabby Petito while the couple was on a cross-country road trip.

The remains, a backpack and notebook believed to belong to Laundrie were discovered Wednesday in a Florida wilderness park, according to the FBI. The area where they were found had been under water during earlier searches.

The FBI’s Denver office said in a news release that a comparison of dental records confirmed that the remains were Laundrie.

The discovery of the remains concluded a massive search involving federal, state and local law enforcement that began shortly after Laundrie disappeared Sept. 14, two weeks after the 23-year-old returned alone to his parents’ home in North Port, Florida.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/fbi-remains-found-in-florida-park-idd-as-brian-laundrie/

Kathianne
10-23-2021, 02:34 AM
Truly weird. Park re-opens Tuesday, parents contact LE cause they want to look. Boom, father finds some items, police find remains. Just saying, it's odd.

Just odd: https://www.foxnews.com/us/brian-laundrie-parents-potential-legal-consequences

Gunny
10-23-2021, 11:59 AM
The public, and the Biden Administration every looking for a deflection, have been cheated out of their public spectacle. No drama, no show trial people fight to get into. They'll have to dig Nancy Grace out of mothballs to breathe some life back into this one.