PDA

View Full Version : Vaccines have always been political, I guess...

JakeStarkey
09-19-2021, 08:30 PM
... but I believe in their efficacy.

Vaccines that changed our lives: 1796 smallpox. 1885 rabies. 1890 tetanus. 1896 typhoid fever. 1906 TB. 1923 diphtheria. 1926 whooping cough. 1932 yellow fever. 1937 flu. Influenza 1940's. 1952 polio. 1963 measles. 1967 mumps. 1969 rubella. 1974 chickenpox. Hepatitis A and B, 1980's. Rotavirus 1998. Pneumococcal vaccine 2001.

I caught measles, mumps and chicken pox before the vaccines were available. I have had many of the other vaccines including those the Army required when deployed overseas.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 08:52 PM
... but I believe in their efficacy.

Vaccines that changed our lives: 1796 smallpox. 1885 rabies. 1890 tetanus. 1896 typhoid fever. 1906 TB. 1923 diphtheria. 1926 whooping cough. 1932 yellow fever. 1937 flu. Influenza 1940's. 1952 polio. 1963 measles. 1967 mumps. 1969 rubella. 1974 chickenpox. Hepatitis A and B, 1980's. Rotavirus 1998. Pneumococcal vaccine 2001.

I caught measles, mumps and chicken pox before the vaccines were available. I have had many of the other vaccines including those the Army required when deployed overseas.

Let's see ... 1st paragraph: I did NOT have measles, chickenpox nor mumps vaccine. Have not had a pneumonia vaccine. Everything I haven't had a vaccine for except mumps, I had. I had all the other vaccines listed.

Additionally, I have had vaccine for cholera, Plague I&II, anthrax . I got most of them as a military dependent to go overseas. Twice. All of them.

THen the US Navy got hold of my ass. I believe I had all of the above at least 3 if not 4 times. Flu shot every year. The US Navy Corpsman sees it as his/her sacred duty to ensure every Marine in his/her unit has their shot records up to date at all times. @icansayit (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3857) will vouch.

So those that don't understand why I don't understand what all the fuss is about just another shot ....

I have not caught anything I have been vaccinated for.

Surf Fishing Guru
09-19-2021, 09:20 PM
Is it really your position that these mRNA preparations are "vaccines"?

They are not vaccines, at least by what he definition of what a "vaccine" has been for a very long time.

The CDC altered the CDC's definition of what "vaccine" is because these new experimental genetic concoctions and the political agenda behind them, demanded it . . . Demanded the lie.

At the end of August 2021, the CDC's definition of "vaccine" and what they do, are well established by the real vaccines in your examples above.

Then on September 1st, because these concoctions were failing and not performing as a "vaccine", CDC just changed the definitions, which changes the expectations of effect and performance.

August 26, 2021:

September 1, 2021:

Now "vaccines" no longer "produce immunity", they only "stimulate the body's immune response to fight disease".

One no longer achieves or reaches "immunity" by taking a "vaccine"!

Under that definition there's a myriad of "preparations" that "stimulate the body's immune response".

I believe the combination of zinc and vitamin D3 meet the new CDC definition, am I wrong?

JakeStarkey
09-19-2021, 09:32 PM
Believe all the woo woo stuff anyone wants.

I will take the shot

The shingles crippled me each time for three days in the arm, then I was fine.

I have known people with shingles, and I would not wish it on anyone.

Gunny
09-19-2021, 09:38 PM

They are not vaccines, at least by what he definition of what a "vaccine" has been for a very long time.

The CDC altered the CDC's definition of what "vaccine" is because these new experimental genetic concoctions and the political agenda behind them, demanded it . . . Demanded the lie.

At the end of August 2021, the CDC's definition of "vaccine" and what they do, are well established by the real vaccines in your examples above.

Then on September 1st, because these concoctions were failing and not performing as a "vaccine", CDC just changed the definitions, which changes the expectations of effect and performance.

August 26, 2021:

September 1, 2021:

Now "vaccines" no longer "produce immunity", they only "stimulate the body's immune response to fight disease".

Under that definition there's a myriad of "preparations" that "stimulate the body's immune response".

I believe the combination of zinc and vitamin D3 meet the new CDC definition, am I wrong?

Am I missing something? The vaccines I was discussing are called vaccines.

If you had followed up in the other thread on your statement there, we are at an impasse because I tried to take up you argument. It makes sense to me. So does the other. Depends on who is right.

fj1200
09-20-2021, 07:39 AM

Definitions change with the times and technology.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-20-2021, 09:13 AM

August 26, 2021:

September 1, 2021:

May be best if one did not confuse our little Jakkyboy with facts that refute Jakky's magnificently woven delusions.
I call the socalled Covid vaccine-- "an highly experimental gene therapy concoction".
And since that best decribes imho-- I refuse to evertake the ffking stab.....
For 67 years now my genes have been just FINE.....-- ;)
Both sets, but second set has expanded a bit more than I like, since the days of youth...-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-20-2021, 09:17 AM
Definitions change with the times and technology.
Definitions are man made ... Truth and reality does not change as it -- ""just is what it is""....
Changes to definitions are very often man's attempt to deny truth. An attempt to lie/spin to obtain desired results to reach a deceptive goal...--Tyr

JakeStarkey
09-20-2021, 10:13 AM
PissoffTyr, being in dementia, has no idea what is truth and reality.

A couple at our gym are in the hospital in bad shape because they would not take the vax.

The outlook is not good, and we have jackoffs like PissOff nattering and chattering about things he does not understand.

I hope they get better quickly.

Gunny
09-20-2021, 12:03 PM
I wonder if there can be any discussion about vaccines/"the" covid vaccine without getting shit all over. Smells like a lot of insecurity to me. Nevertheless, it's an act that got old awhile back.

JakeStarkey
09-20-2021, 12:55 PM
People who can't take facts as they are can't change their minds.

Those who take the covid vaccines take a risk so much better than those who fall for the conspiracy theories about them.

fj1200
09-20-2021, 12:55 PM
Definitions are man made ... Truth and reality does not change as it -- ""just is what it is""....
Changes to definitions are very often man's attempt to deny truth. An attempt to lie/spin to obtain desired results to reach a deceptive goal...--Tyr

Or... and stay with me here... it's just a necessity to update a definition because the old one doesn't quite fit anymore. You might be on to something though, we could have stuck with the original Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of automobile when it was first published in 1828. To do otherwise would deny truth. :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
09-20-2021, 01:49 PM
I wonder if there can be any discussion about vaccines/"the" covid vaccine without getting shit all over. Smells like a lot of insecurity to me. Nevertheless, it's an act that got old awhile back.

People who can't take facts as they are can't change their minds.

:laugh:

Gunny
09-20-2021, 01:49 PM
My intent was not to declare open season on anti-vaxxers. I certainly don't see doing to them what I just complained about them doing as the correct answer. Each individual has the Right to make the best decision based on their circumstances/needs.

I've learned more about covid and/or the vaccine by accident, between the bickering and the politics than any other way. If we can't get a grip on this message board, how can we expect an entire Nation to?

As it has happened to pass, I just went and got my younger granddaughter from school because she is sick. NOT a covid alert :slap: Have no idea what her issue is, but I can't discount covid. Whatever it is, I'm stuck with dealing with her until she is well.

Here's a minute by minute update: daughter is now sick too.

These people got issues.

Which brings up my point. Dad's/Grandpa's don't get sick. We ain't got time for that shit and that is THE primary reason I got the vaccine. There's nobody around here to take care of these sick bay commando's if I go down for the count. Worse, I have to be all nice and shit because 3 of them are girls and will get their little feelings all twisted up in a knot :drillsarge:

Black Diamond
09-20-2021, 01:53 PM
My intent was not to declare open season on anti-vaxxers. I certainly don't see doing to them what I just complained about them doing as the correct answer. Each individual has the Right to make the best decision based on their circumstances/needs.

I've learned more about covid and/or the vaccine by accident, between the bickering and the politics than any other way. If we can't get a grip on this message board, how can we expect an entire Nation to?

As it has happened to pass, I just went and got my younger granddaughter from school because she is sick. NOT a covid alert :slap: Have no idea what her issue is, but I can't discount covid. Whatever it is, I'm stuck with dealing with her until she is well.

Here's a minute by minute update: daughter is now sick too.

These people got issues.

Which brings up my point. Dad's/Grandpa's don't get sick. We ain't got time for that shit and that is THE primary reason I got the vaccine. There's nobody around here to take care of these sick bay commando's if I go down for the count. Worse, I have to be all nice and shit because 3 of them are girls and will get their little feelings all twisted up in a knot :drillsarge:

The board may be a microcosm of the nation.

Hope your girls get well.

Gunny
09-20-2021, 02:17 PM
The board may be a microcosm of the nation.

Hope your girls get well.They'll be fine. They just get sick so they can stay home and annoy ME :grumpy1:
:)

Surf Fishing Guru
09-21-2021, 03:49 AM
Am I missing something? The vaccines I was discussing are called vaccines.

My post #3 was in reply to the OP, not your post.

If you had followed up in the other thread on your statement there, we are at an impasse because I tried to take up you argument. It makes sense to me. So does the other. Depends on who is right.

Uhhhh OK?

I did not see any comment I needed to follow up on, you thanked me for my explanation of the completely synthetic origin of mRNA preparations, how they are not "vaccines", at least following the 100+ year understanding of what vaccines are and what they do.

Most significant, as I have stated may times, these new mRNA "vaccines" DO NOT result in any true "immunity" to a particular disease, they just stimulate the body's immune response against disease (which can be said of thousands of products / therapies).

That reality, that truth has forced CDC to do a switch-o-change-o and reinvent the definition of what a vaccine is, what a vaccine does and what vaccination is intended to produce.

Gone is the longstanding and accepted definition that vaccines and vaccination impart immunity.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-21-2021, 07:02 AM
My post #3 was in reply to the OP, not your post.

Uhhhh OK?

I did not see any comment I needed to follow up on, you thanked me for my explanation of the completely synthetic origin of mRNA preparations, how they are not "vaccines", at least following the 100+ year understanding of what vaccines are and what they do.

Most significant, as I have stated may times, these new mRNA "vaccines" DO NOT result in any true "immunity" to a particular disease, they just stimulate the body's immune response against disease (which can be said of thousands of products / therapies).

That reality, that truth has forced CDC to do a switch-o-change-o and reinvent the definition of what a vaccine is, what a vaccine does and what vaccination is intended to produce.

Gone is the longstanding and accepted definition that vaccines and vaccination impart immunity.

Smoke and mirrors in regards to this Disease, first alerted me to research, research and research. In that wise exploration I found there is several hidden motives -why so damn many lies are being told to decieve the world and especially so-- to decieve we Americans.

Knowledge is power , and it often saves lives when one seeks it, finds it and diligently acts upon it.

Dem party at the behest of its owners, the "globalists" are pulling the biggest scam ever.

Just because the virus is real does not mean all the crap about it and their supposed "miracle cure" is..
The best scams/cons always have an element of truth in them. One just has to look with the idea to accept -truth-- over fiction.
The masses have been brainwashed into disreegarding truth and believing lies told my government, media and other powerful entities.
We that are not blinded, gullible and understand far better are vilified and attacked. --Tyr

JakeStarkey
09-21-2021, 07:08 AM
Smoke and mirrors in regards to this Disease, first alerted me to research, research and research. In that wise exploration I found there is several hidden motives -why so damn many lies are being told to decieve the world and especially so-- to decieve we Americans.

Knowledge is power , and it often saves lives when one seeks it, finds it and diligently acts upon it.

Dem party at the behest of its owners, the "globalists" are pulling the biggest scam ever.

Just because the virus is real does not mean all the crap about it and their supposed "miracle cure" is..
The best scams/cons always have an element of truth in them. One just has to look with the idea to accept -truth-- over fiction.
The masses have been brainwashed into disreegarding truth and believing lies told my government, media and other powerful entities.
We that are not blinded, gullible and understand far better are vilified and attacked. --Tyr
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
09-21-2021, 11:32 AM
Going back to the OP ... what would suggest to you that vaccines are political? Honestly, living in my private little Fed government World, I've never seen the like. ONE Sgt on my last deployment refused to take the anthrax vaccine. That's out of 2000 Marines and 2000 Sailors. He made LCpl (E-3) one stripe at a time with each refusal. Then he caved:rolleyes: My ass after losing 2 stripes would I have then given in.

Anyway, I don't recall all this political BS. The media and government of course pimped the latest, greatest, but people were getting turned away in line to get the vaccines. As a kid for me it was "get in the car". As a Marine it was "get on line". I never thought about protesting something beneficial.

Maybe people aren't dying horrible enough deaths in suitable numbers?

I find the politicization of this by whoever for whatever reason inexcusable. It has done nothing but harm. The enemy is China and the virus it unleashed on the World. Nobody's keeping their eyes on the spotter.

Black Diamond
09-21-2021, 11:39 AM
Going back to the OP ... what would suggest to you that vaccines are political? Honestly, living in my private little Fed government World, I've never seen the like. ONE Sgt on my last deployment refused to take the anthrax vaccine. That's out of 2000 Marines and 2000 Sailors. He made LCpl (E-3) one stripe at a time with each refusal. Then he caved:rolleyes: My ass after losing 2 stripes would I have then given in.

Anyway, I don't recall all this political BS. The media and government of course pimped the latest, greatest, but people were getting turned away in line to get the vaccines. As a kid for me it was "get in the car". As a Marine it was "get on line". I never thought about protesting something beneficial.

Maybe people aren't dying horrible enough deaths in suitable numbers?

I find the politicization of this by whoever for whatever reason inexcusable. It has done nothing but harm. The enemy is China and the virus it unleashed on the World. Nobody's keeping their eyes on the spotter.
For starters it doesn't help when the dipshit in the white house mandates it and is arrogant as can be in his speech demanding it. And the late night TV assholes who are in bed with the dems saying non vaxed should be denied care.

As for the reluctance there are reasons for that too.

Gunny
09-21-2021, 12:04 PM
For starters it doesn't help when the dipshit in the white house mandates it and is arrogant as can be in his speech demanding it. And the late night TV assholes who are in bed with the dems saying non vaxed should be denied care.

As for the reluctance there are reasons for that too.

SecNav, 1998. Anthrax vaccine. All hands had to stop and watch the video. Makes you wonder who was driving the boat :laugh: