PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Breaking in New Flip Flops

Gunny
09-19-2021, 09:13 PM
I don't mean Walmart 5,99 specials. I guess these are actually called sandals.

Just when thw old ones were perfect BAM! Blowout :(

SassyLady
09-20-2021, 12:07 AM

I found one brand that I really like and bought several of them. I have a pair at back door, front door, garage door, bedroom patio door ... none of them get overused which has worked out real well so far

May I suggest you get more than one pair so you have extras that are also broke in.

PS .. I have reading glasses in every book and cranny of the house as well. Seemed they were always in the other room when I needed them.

Abbey Marie
09-20-2021, 01:01 AM

I thought this was going to be about politics, lol.

Black Diamond
09-20-2021, 01:02 AM
I thought this was going to be about politics, lol.

Yeah no pictures of Mitt Romney.

fj1200
09-20-2021, 07:42 AM
Flip flops, and especially slides, are a sign of the loosening morals of the fabric of society. :shakesfist:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-20-2021, 08:00 AM

Long ago, back when I wore Flip Flops, I did so very dearly hate blow outs.
Pissed me off to the max. I hate breaking in--anything...
Shoes, Flip Flops---new girlfriends,,, opps --sorry that kinda just slipped out.
Must have been unconscious, macho cast thought from my wild youth invading my --now-- much better, wizened and ever so gentle character... ;)---Tyr

Gunny
09-20-2021, 11:43 AM
I found one brand that I really like and bought several of them. I have a pair at back door, front door, garage door, bedroom patio door ... none of them get overused which has worked out real well so far

May I suggest you get more than one pair so you have extras that are also broke in.

PS .. I have reading glasses in every book and cranny of the house as well. Seemed they were always in the other room when I needed them.Has a lot more to do with my ankles and feet from all those years that I was indestructible :halo9: I have about 5 pair, different styles. Naturally, the style that works for me they quit making :laugh:

If I left flip flops staged around the house they would end up wherever my oldest granddaughter decided to discard them; which, is NEVER where she got them. That applies to everything, not just my sandals. Ms Cool 13 wouldn't dream of being caught dead in my readers :laugh:

JakeStarkey
09-20-2021, 01:23 PM
Need ankle support in anything I wear.

Airborne Infantry, as well as skiing and mountain climbing in Alaska, and then the ROK-American ranger qualification week --- all did their share on my ankles and knees.

What I miss most is the long walking. I can do the treadmill and stationary and recumbent bikes, but I miss the long walking.