PDA

View Full Version : Biden Delivers Remarks At U.N. General Assembly

Gunny
09-22-2021, 09:22 AM
Short version: Joe says nothing.

Joe Biden said the U.S. would not seek a new Cold War with China. In his address (https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/09/21/remarks-by-president-biden-before-the-76th-session-of-the-united-nations-general-assembly/) to the United Nations today, Biden said the U.S. was ready to work with any nation that steps up and pursues a peaceful resolution to shared challenges.
Biden also emphasized the need for global cooperation to defeat the coronavirus pandemic as well as prepare for future threats to public health. He said this was a decisive decade for our world and an “inflection point in history.”

Biden asserted the U.S. would continue being a leader on the world stage.
“The United State will compete and will compete vigorously, and lead with our values and strength,” he asserted. “We’ll stand up for our allies and our friends, and oppose attempts by stronger countries to dominate weaker ones, whether through changes to territory by force, economic coercion, technological exploitation or disinformation.”
Biden went on to say the U.S. would continue to renew and defend democracy no matter how challenging it is.
https://www.oann.com/biden-delivers-remarks-at-u-n-general-assembly/

fj1200
09-22-2021, 12:45 PM
[FONT=&quot]Short version: Joe says nothing.

[COLOR=#000000]“inflection point in history.”

I heard that quote on the radio. :rolleyes: I think he wants to be seen as a big thinker. Unfortunately for him almost anything he's trying to do or say has been done or said by someone else first.

Abbey Marie
09-22-2021, 12:50 PM
I heard that quote on the radio. :rolleyes: I think he wants to be seen as a big thinker. Unfortunately for him almost anything he's trying to do or say has been done or said by someone else first.

Not to mention his being guilty of plagiarism in the past, lol.

Black Diamond
09-22-2021, 02:35 PM

Surf Fishing Guru
09-22-2021, 06:46 PM

JakeStarkey
09-22-2021, 06:49 PM
He is saying America will stay the course.

Hope so.

SassyLady
09-23-2021, 01:51 AM

Hope so.
You mean the current course of chaos and economic collapse?

fj1200
09-23-2021, 07:58 AM

Hope so.

Biden asserted the U.S. would continue being a leader on the world stage.
“The United State will compete and will compete vigorously, and lead with our values and strength,” he asserted. “We’ll stand up for our allies and our friends, and oppose attempts by stronger countries to dominate weaker ones, whether through changes to territory by force, economic coercion, technological exploitation or disinformation.”
Biden went on to say the U.S. would continue to renew and defend democracy no matter how challenging it is.

Yeah, none of what he said equals our actions in Afgh.

Gunny
09-23-2021, 09:53 AM

Hope so.
:laugh:

As I stated in the OP: He said nothing. Admit it Jake, even YOU have to be finding it hard to try and defend this guy.

I STILL remember when my FDR NEW Deal, card-carrying IBEW grandfather threw in the towel on Carter and voted for Reagan. I KNEW it was over then.

If you recall, the GOP didn't destroy the Dems then either. The Dems did.

Surf Fishing Guru
09-23-2021, 12:24 PM

Hope so.

You better start rubbing those prayer beads harder . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh9x-kp-LRo

icansayit
09-23-2021, 02:27 PM
Start at 00:12 thru 00:42 for what you need to hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCbbe8BzIUg