PDA

View Full Version : Couple funny things from a Conference

darin
09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Mon-Thursday this week I was at a conference for work. Early on Wednesday morning I was up watching the attendees (I was working on the conference staff (setting up, organizing, whatever) play dodgeball when I noticed my car in the parking lot had been 'tagged'. :) I thought it was pretty neat!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=617&stc=1&d=1190994641

Another sorta funny thing...leaving the conference I was speaking to the facility director of catering. I mentioned something about my wife and was interrupted with "...you're MARRIED?" she asked.

"yeah?" I replied.

"Wow...because when I saw your car the other day I thought you were definitely single. That is NOT a married-guy's car. That's a single man's car." she said smiling.

:)

Sir Evil
09-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Awesome pic!

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 10:59 AM
That's my favorite pic of your car so far.

(methinks the catering-woman wrote the message). ;)

-Cp
09-28-2007, 11:01 AM
She does raise a point.....

You're the only married man I know of who drives an RX-8... :P

dan
09-28-2007, 11:07 AM
So... you're one of those jerks who takes up 2 spots when he parks, huh?:laugh2:

darin
09-28-2007, 11:23 AM
HA! :) That was ONE spot, Dan.

-Cp: That's cuz Most Married men are boring. :D

Mr. P
09-28-2007, 12:35 PM
So... you're one of those jerks who takes up 2 spots when he parks, huh?:laugh2:

Can we say "Yer gonna get keyed"?

darin
09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Would somebody really key another car which had ZERO negative impact on anybody else's ability to park?

Mr. P
09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Would somebody really key another car which had ZERO negative impact on anybody else's ability to park?

If you park like that in Atlanta, yes some ass will.

manu1959
09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
in sf people key nice cars out of spite.....

darin
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
wow.

Good thing the hotel was 90% Army senior officers and NCOs. :D

manu1959
09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
wow.

so was the girl hot.....

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
wow.

Just like SF. :laugh2:

manu1959
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Just like SF. :laugh2:

ya like during fleet week when all the queens cruise the docks.....

Dilloduck
09-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Did you get your finger all wet ? :laugh2:

darin
09-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Did you get your finger all wet ? :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::clap::salute:

JohnDoe
09-28-2007, 11:48 PM

(methinks the catering-woman wrote the message). ;)I sure hope he doesn't take this comment as encouragment to advance Abbey!!!!

Be good girlfriend, and set him straight if he is your friend or his marriage is in the toilet, which seems to be evident already from the many posts he has made, imho. I am not sure whether he or his marriage can handle "getting the finger wet" as Dillo mentioned.

jd

Abbey Marie
09-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I sure hope he doesn't take this comment as encouragment to advance Abbey!!!!

Be good girlfriend, and set him straight if he is your friend or his marriage is in the toilet, which seems to be evident already from the many posts he has made, imho. I am not sure whether he or his marriage can handle "getting the finger wet" as Dillo mentioned.

jd

Wow. Didn't your momma ever tell you it's not wise to give advice when you don't know anything about the people involved? If it was my marriage you were talking about here, I'd really let you have it.

And for that matter, accusing me of even possibly encouraging him to cheat on his wife with some woman at a conference is a low blow. Talk about taking the most ridiculous interpretation an running with it. Stick to things you know something about.

What an insensitive and out-of-line post. Shame.

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow. Didn't your momma ever tell you it's not wise to give advice when you don't know anything about the people involved? If it was my marriage you were talking about here, I'd really let you have it.

And for that matter, accusing me of even possibly encouraging him to cheat on his wife with some woman at a conference is a low blow. Talk about taking the most ridiculous interpretation an running with it. Stick to things you know something about.

What an insensitive and out-of-line post. Shame.
you are right, it was late, and some of the baggage i carry from my first marriage was triggered by reading this thread..... :(

i owe you and dmp an apology, i am sorry i let my own experiences get in to this and projected it out on to the two of you.

jd

truthmatters
09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I think we all hope that dmp treats his beautiful young wife and adorable young daugther well.

Sometimes flirting can be very dangerous in the wrong situation.

I think JD was just trying to point that out.

Very classy JD. I knew you would step up to the plate.

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I sure hope he doesn't take this comment as encouragment to advance Abbey!!!!

jd

Wow--you did jump to some huge conclusions here. My comment about a "wet finger" was insinuating that D had written that on his windshield HIMSELF instead of someone else !

truthmatters
09-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow--you did jump to some huge conclusions here. My comment about a "wet finger" was insinuating that D had written that on his windshield HIMSELF instead of someone else !

Oh come on that was a joke and she offered an appology.

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh come on that was a joke and she offered an appology.

Explain to me how a marriage would suffer from a man writing on his own windshield and show me where I was apologized to?

truthmatters
09-29-2007, 10:51 AM
What part of joke do you not understand?

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Explain to me how a marriage would suffer from a man writing on his own windshield and show me where I was apologized to?at best, i saw it a play on words dillo.

if that is not what it was, as you say, then i apologize to you as well....

jd

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 10:53 AM
What part of joke do you not understand?

You have a bad habit of not answering questions.

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
at best, i saw it a play on words dillo.

if that is not what it was, as you say, then i apologize to you as well....

jd

My comment had NOTHING to do with sex, cheating etc. It had everything to do with D creating a false impression to show off his car. If you took it any other way than that you may wanna question yourself.

truthmatters
09-29-2007, 11:07 AM
You have a bad habit of not answering questions.

I have answered you a couple of times now you just dont seem to like the answer.

It was a joke and she did not intend to say writing on the windshield was harmful.

It was a play on your words.

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 11:07 AM
My comment had NOTHING to do with sex, cheating etc. It had everything to do with D creating a false impression to show off his car. If you took it any other way than that you may wanna question yourself.ok then, you nailed it, it was my OWN smut mind! :clap:

the ''thought u were single with a car like that'' comment from the chick, never crossed your mind then?

82Marine89
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM

(methinks the catering-woman wrote the message). ;)

I think it was one of those army guys. :poke:

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I have answered you a couple of times now you just dont seem to like the answer.

It was a joke and she did not intend to say writing on the windshield was harmful.

It was a play on your words.

She never said it was a joke. Read her apology again---and does quite well explaining herself BTW.

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 11:20 AM
ok then, you nailed it, it was my OWN smut mind! :clap:

the ''thought u were single with a car like that'' comment from the chick, never crossed your mind then?

No--I jokingly proposed that DP wrote "nice ride" or whatever it said by himself and took a picture of it. I didn't see anything sexual about it all.

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 11:27 AM
No--I jokingly proposed that DP wrote "nice ride" or whatever it said by himself and took a picture of it. I didn't see anything sexual about it all.

Which is fine and dandy Dillo, that your head is so innocent and free from smut thoughts like mine....

you proved your point over and over again.... do you have anything else to imply... keep going, your doing great!

jd

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Which is fine and dandy Dillo, that your head is so innocent and free from smut thoughts like mine....

you proved your point over and over again.... do you have anything else to imply... keep going, your doing great!

jd

I'm quite capable of smut. Didn't occur in this situation though. I guess it sounds like I'm overdoing it when I'm having to defend my actions to 2 people at the same time.

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm quite capable of smut. Didn't occur in this situation though. I guess it sounds like I'm overdoing it when I'm having to defend my actions to 2 people at the same time.I took your words as a play on words, with 2 meanings....

I have already said I was sorry and that it was obviously me and my smut thoughts after reading dmp's initial post about the broad at the conference hitting on him .....and because of this and other comments from others on the thread and of course my own admitted baggage that I am carrying LEAD to me taking your words in a different manner than what you meant.

What more do you want dillo?

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 11:58 AM
I took your words as a play on words, with 2 meanings....

I have already said I was sorry and that it was obviously me and my smut thoughts after reading dmp's initial post about the broad at the conference hitting on him .....and because of this and other comments from others on the thread and of course my own admitted baggage that I am carrying LEAD to me taking your words in a different manner than what you meant.

What more do you want dillo?

not a thing

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
not a thing

good, because i don't think I could make it any clearer than what I did.

jane

Dilloduck
09-29-2007, 12:17 PM
good, because i don't think I could make it any clearer than what I did.

jane

You must realize TM was also confronting me regarding this statement. I don't think it's really that far outta line to defend myself. You have made yourself very clear. TY

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 12:27 PM
i can understand you defending yourself dillo.... fyi...i am not knocking that...

darin
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I should pre-emptively ban TM and JD from my threads. WOW.

Dillo - you know and I know I got your joke.

JD - you don't know SHIT about me or my marriage.

TM - Please don't insult me by trying to offer life-advice. I don't believe your heart is EVER in the right place, nor do I believe your motives are pure or noble.

Pretty f'd up you don't seem to care about how I treat my SON. ;)

For the record: "I thought you were single" does NOT mean "I want to screw you!" She thought I was single. Big deal.

truthmatters
09-29-2007, 12:48 PM

TM - Please don't insult me by trying to offer life-advice. I don't believe your heart is EVER in the right place, nor do I believe your motives are pure or noble.

For the record: "I thought you were single" does NOT mean "I want to screw you!" She thought I was single. Big deal.

I did not offer you any advice in this thread and did not even know you had a son. The pictures I saw only showed young girl. I have never said anything bad about your family and never will.

darin
09-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I did not offer you any advice in this thread and did not even know you had a son. The pictures I saw only showed young girl. I have never said anything bad about your family and never will.

Uh HEM

I think we all hope that dmp treats his beautiful young wife and adorable young daugther well.

Sometimes flirting can be very dangerous in the wrong situation.

I'm saying - just feel FREE to not hope or worry about how I treat or don't treat ppl. That's all.

JohnDoe
09-29-2007, 12:59 PM

I have already apologized to you in pm, what more do you want from me?:dunno:

btw, do you wear a wedding band? Why didn't she know you were married if you do? and if she saw the wedding band and still made the comment to you, then I would venture to say, she was "feeling you out"....on your "singleness state of mind"....

I could be wrong on this and am willing to admit such right now... but this is where my mind did go when I read this post of yours...

I did not see it as dillo, you just bragging in a way, about yourself or your car and really making the whole thing up and licking your own finger so to write the message on your own car.... that did go over my head. But Like I have said, I have my own baggage from my own life that has been with me, and this is why I commented initially the way I did to Abbey's comment.

hey! I have never, ever claimed to be perfect... I got more sins than a person can carry as far as I am concerned, and just because I love the word of God, does not mean that I too, can't fall very short in many ways...

jd

Abbey Marie
09-29-2007, 02:35 PM
JD,

Thank you for the apology.

Abbey

Guernicaa
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
The car looks nice but its important to remember that they're built by Mazda (Ford in disguise).

I would prefer a Honda s2000. Puts out more hp and will probably last years beyond your Mazda.

darin
09-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I have already apologized to you in pm, what more do you want from me?:dunno:

What makes you think I want anything more? What's WRONG with you? lol! After I posted that we exchanged PM's. Weirdo.

btw, do you wear a wedding band? Why didn't she know you were married if you do? and if she saw the wedding band and still made the comment to you, then I would venture to say, she was "feeling you out"....on your "singleness state of mind"....

Or maybe you are just reading-into her comment? I wear a wedding band on occasion. Not lately due to weight loss :)

I could be wrong on this and am willing to admit such right now... but this is where my mind did go when I read this post of yours...

I did not see it as dillo, you just bragging in a way, about yourself or your car and really making the whole thing up and licking your own finger so to write the message on your own car....

Hey - JD. See the windshield? It's covered in Dew. His comment meant "did you get your finger wet wiping the dew off the windshield to create those letters to make the words?"

Licking my own finger? lol

The car looks nice but its important to remember that they're built by Mazda (Ford in disguise).

What did Ford have to do with the design or creation of my car?

(hint: nothing)

Ford holds controlling interest in Mazda - that does NOT mean my car 'is' a Ford, silly.

I would prefer a Honda s2000. Puts out more hp and will probably last years beyond your Mazda.

More HP? How much more? Why would it last years longer? Under what conditions? What parts would last longer? Would you rather have a S2000 if you had a family of four and needed four real seats? What about the S2000 do you like better? the chassis? The engine? The brakes? Do you know anything about cars, are are you just a fan of the Honda?

Mr. P
09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll just say as a male, I took the wet finger comment just as these women have.
I know the suggestive lingo so don't try an BS me.:slap:

Funny to watch the justification for said comments an back slappin when yer caught though. :laugh2:

Guernicaa
09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
What did Ford have to do with the design or creation of my car?

(hint: nothing)
Uh actually they probably had a lot to do with it.

I have a short amount of time to type this response (I have a game tonight), but I'm going to give you as much as I can until I find proof to link your exact car into Ford.

Ford owns Mazda, Volvo, and a couple others...you know that I believe.
These are a series of Ford platforms used on a series of Ford, Mazda, and some Volvo cars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_CD2_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_B3_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_CD3_platform

This platform was the closest I could get to your car(RX-7):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_G_platform
I could not find the platform on Wikipedia thats used in your car (designed by Ford) because there is no article on it. But the fact alone that they have your cars older model in a Ford platform means that your car is most likely in a Ford platform (especially these days, when automakers are trying to equalize everything in order to cut production costs).

And I'll talk more about why I like Honda later cause I really have to run.

darin
09-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Uh actually they probably had a lot to do with it.

I have a short amount of time to type this response (I have a game tonight), but I'm going to give you as much as I can until I find proof to link your exact car into Ford.

Sharing platforms is COMMON in the automotive industry. That's no secret. Still - my car is a Mazda. Made in Japan BY mazda. Ford has the controlling interest in mazda (different from 'owning them'). That's also no secret. You are FAR too young to try to teach ME about Ford and Mazda's relationship, okay :) ;)

Ford owns Mazda, Volvo, and a couple others...you know that I believe.
These are a series of Ford platforms used on a series of Ford, Mazda, and some Volvo cars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_C1_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_CD2_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_B3_platform
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_CD3_platform

This platform was the closest I could get to your car(RX-7):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_G_platform

....and the RX-7's platform is NOT the RX-8's platform. As you love wikipedia, search wiki for RX-8....you might learn something ;)

I could not find the platform on Wikipedia thats used in your car (designed by Ford) because there is no article on it.

Because it didn't happen ;)

But the fact alone that they have your cars older model in a Ford platform means that your car is most likely in a Ford platform (especially these days, when automakers are trying to equalize everything in order to cut production costs).

And I'll talk more about why I like Honda later cause I really have to run.

There is No Ford-equivalent RX7. That is to say, the RX7 didn't share a chassis with any ford.

My Rx8 HAS NO older model. Seriously. The RX-7 is apples-to-oranges different than the RX-8.