PDA

View Full Version : PITB - I need help!

SassyLady
09-26-2021, 05:17 PM
Calling on all computer experts. This is a real pain in the butt and I need help.

I keep getting this popup everything I hit the home button on my Galaxy Tablet. Just started this afternoon. Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it.

Absolutely cannot get to home screens without choosing. If I do the only one option for the One UI Home I can get to home but have to use it every time.

2ndphoto is the weather thing that says always. I chose it once but didn't continue and went to settings and did a force stop because I don't know what it is.

I've already turned Tablet off once.

icansayit
09-26-2021, 05:25 PM
Go to the BUTTON (down below in the corner below your screen that looks like a window.

CLICK ON IT...then go to a button that says SETTINGS.
A LARGE MENU SHOULD APPEAR, AND ON THE RIGHT...LOOK FOR "APPS".
CLICK ON THAT and you should see a list of the APPS on your PC.

Scroll down until you see ONE, or a COUPLE of apps recently installed that YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR.

CLICK ON ONE AND YOU WILL SEE A BOX THAT SAYS (Restore or Remove).
After that just follow what it tells you to do.

ANYTHING RELATED TO WINDOWS or the name of your P.C. LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Then, when all is done. RESTART YOUR PC.

SassyLady
09-26-2021, 05:32 PM
Thank you Icansayit. I fixed it.

Went to settings, apps, that weather app which I had already force stopped and changed the Home Screen default to One IU and things seem to be back to normal.

SassyLady
09-26-2021, 05:33 PM

icansayit
09-26-2021, 05:33 PM
Thank you Icansayit. I fixed it.

Went to settings, apps, that weather app which I had already force stopped and changed the Home Screen default to One IU and things seem to be back to normal.

I tried! Glad to hear it. Good luck.

SassyLady
09-26-2021, 05:40 PM
I Uninstalled because I have no idea where it came from and didn't like it's terms of service.

NightTrain
09-26-2021, 09:15 PM
It was an aggressive app trying to hijack your home screen. Lots of crapware out there that do that kind of thing.

I never download apps unless it's absolutely necessary... and weather apps are a scammer favorite.

Glad you got it sorted out! You can always call, you know. I didn't see this until Shar pointed it out.

SassyLady
09-26-2021, 09:32 PM
It was an aggressive app trying to hijack your home screen. Lots of crapware out there that do that kind of thing.

I never download apps unless it's absolutely necessary... and weather apps are a scammer favorite.

Glad you got it sorted out! You can always call, you know. I didn't see this until Shar pointed it out.

Aren't you tired of being my hero?

NightTrain
09-26-2021, 11:00 PM
Aren't you tired of being my hero?

Nope! :cheers2: