PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Cheney Claims Vote Against Her Is Vote Against Constitution

Gunny
09-27-2021, 05:16 PM
And she call Trump nuts :cuckoo: Telling people how to vote. How "conservative":rolleyes:

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 12:47 PM PT – Monday, September 27, 2021Wyoming’s sole Republican Rep. Liz Cheney has tried to save her position in the House of Representatives from what she said were unconstitutional forces. Speaking to 60 Minutes on Sunday, Cheney was asked about how she felt going up against 45th President Trump, who has maintained extreme popularity among Republican voters.
While Cheney claimed the mantle of being a strongly conservative Republican as she voted with Trump over 90 percent of the time during his tenure, she believed his insistence on fighting election fraud was worse than Joe Biden’s disastrous policies.
“In my view, the American people, they deserve better than having to choose between what I think are the really disastrous policies of Joe Biden…very dangerous policies for the country,” she stated. “But, the alternative cannot be a man who doesn’t believe in the rule of law, and who violated his oath of office.”

Due to her continued trashing of party leadership, Cheney has been faced with an uphill battle to get reelected in 2022. Polls have shown her approval tanking in her home state of Wyoming as she faces a former family friend who has since been endorsed by Trump in the primary.
For her part, Cheney wasn’t worried about reelected as she has believed a vote against her was a vote against the Constitution itself.
She went on to claim, “a vote against me in this race, a vote for whomever Donald Trump has endorsed, is a vote for somebody who’s willing to perpetuate the big lie, somebody who’s willing to put allegiance to Trump above allegiance to the Constitution, absolutely.”
Cheney is vice chair of Pelosi’s January 6 Committee and is one of only two Republicans to defy party leadership to sit on the committee. Subpoena’s against high ranking officials in the Trump White House are expected from the Committee in the coming weeks.

https://www.oann.com/rep-cheney-claims-vote-against-her-is-vote-against-constitution/

jimnyc
09-27-2021, 05:19 PM
And she call Trump nuts :cuckoo: Telling people how to vote. How "conservative":rolleyes:

https://www.oann.com/rep-cheney-claims-vote-against-her-is-vote-against-constitution/

She went off the deep end after the election, thinking that Trump is gone now and that she would gain popularity by standing against him. It helped get her friends on the left, but it failed big time on the right.

The more anyone disagreed, the wackier she got. :rolleyes:

Gunny
09-27-2021, 05:29 PM
She went off the deep end after the election, thinking that Trump is gone now and that she would gain popularity by standing against him. It helped get her friends on the left, but it failed big time on the right.

The more anyone disagreed, the wackier she got. :rolleyes:I agree with that. She gambled and it backfired in her face bigtime. I didn't have a problem with her being against Trump carrying on after the election. I have a problem with her carrying on about him worse than he is about votes. She's just making herself look bad.

JakeStarkey
09-27-2021, 06:20 PM

The more anyone disagreed, the wackier she got. :rolleyes:

She has broadened her appeal, yes.

Gunny
09-27-2021, 06:26 PM
She has broadened her appeal, yes.To who? Doesn't look like she's going to represent her district in Wyoming next go round.

IMO she's acting about Trump the same as Trump is acting about the election and both have lost appeal over it. Pot calling the kettle black.

jimnyc
09-27-2021, 06:26 PM
She has broadened her appeal, yes.

Yes, but with democrats, who don't vote for her. She has lost support among those who DO vote for her, or not.

JakeStarkey
09-28-2021, 10:07 AM
I don't if this is true: "Rep. Cheney Claims Vote Against Her Is Vote Against Constitution"

A vote for Trump is clearly a vote for a person who hates the Constitution

Gunny
09-28-2021, 10:14 AM
I don't if this is true: "Rep. Cheney Claims Vote Against Her Is Vote Against Constitution"

A vote for Trump is clearly a vote for a person who hates the ConstitutionIt is not true. A vote against Cheney is a vote against Cheney. Pretty simple.

Thread's not about Trump. Let's not leave out the elephant in the room and true enemy of the Constitution: I'd certainly agree that a vote for a Dem is a vote against the Constitution.

JakeStarkey
09-28-2021, 11:10 AM
The GOP does not tell people how to vote? That is the silliest statement today,