PDA

View Full Version : 'Gaslighting' GOP Governor Ripped For Hypocrisy After Getting Caught In Scandal

JakeStarkey
09-29-2021, 07:11 AM
I dislike this type of misbehavior. It goes from cities to WHs. https://www.yahoo.com/news/gaslighting-gop-governor-ripped-hypocrisy-041512437.html

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (https://www.huffpost.com/topic/kristi-noem) (R) is being ripped on social media for her unusual defense of allegations she abused her power by using her office to help a daughter get a real estate appraisal license from a state agency.
She didn’t address the allegation but instead claimed it was an attack on her “children.”
The Associated Press on Monday reported (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/noem-daughter-meeting-real-estate_n_61522d95e4b06beda47306f0) that Noem hauled multiple state officials into a meeting with herself and daughter Kassidy Peters, then 26, when it seemed she was going to be denied the license.
AP said it’s not clear what happened at the meeting, but several months later Peters was given the license.
“It’s clearly a conflict of interest and an abuse of power for the benefit of a family member,” Richard Painter, former chief ethics lawyer under President George W. Bush, told the news agency.
Additionally, AP said the state official whose department had planned to deny the license was pressured into retirement.
The official later sued and settled for $200,000.
Rather than address the specific allegations, Noem tweeted as if the report were simply an attack on her child and not the actions she may have taken as governor.
“Listen I get it. I signed up for this job,” she tweeted. “But now the media is trying to destroy my children.”
She also claimed there was a “double standard” in the media.
Her tweet ignored the larger issue of whether she used her office and state resources to help a relative advance professionally, and she ignored her own attacks on a politician’s adult child, Hunter Biden, the troubled son of President Joe Biden, both on Twitter (https://twitter.com/KristiNoem/status/1442566632526606339) and on Fox News (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/noem-hunter-biden-story-joe-biden-damage-credibility) last year.

darin
09-29-2021, 07:45 AM
What did she do wrong and how does whatever she did harm you or anyone you know?

fj1200
09-29-2021, 07:59 AM
^Not exactly the correct question.

JakeStarkey
09-29-2021, 08:41 AM
What did she do wrong and how does whatever she did harm you or anyone you know?

Inappropriate question. She used her public office for her daughter's benefit: that can potentially harm the citizen.

So ask it again. I would oppose any politicians who pulls this nonsense.

darin
09-29-2021, 09:47 AM
Inappropriate question. She used her public office for her daughter's benefit: that can potentially harm the citizen.

Prove it.

You are not harmed; nobody you know was or could be harmed. You are running with a narrative because it supports the views you already have.

JakeStarkey
09-29-2021, 10:01 AM
Prove it. You are not harmed; nobody you know was or could be harmed. You are running with a narrative because it supports the views you already have.

No, you have to prove your assertion, and you have done nothing of the sort. So you are for nepotism. Why?

Gunny
09-29-2021, 11:14 AM
Prove it.

You are not harmed; nobody you know was or could be harmed. You are running with a narrative because it supports the views you already have.Yep. OMG. A Republican mother (the REAL "crime" here) helped her kid get a job so she could go to work. Heaven forbid she commit further sins by actually selling a house while working for a living :rolleyes:

My father helped me get most of my jobs as a kid, and my first legit one when I was 16.

Now let this be a Democrat's kid named Hunter and crickets f-ing chirping:rolleyes:

icansayit
09-29-2021, 11:48 AM
HUNTER BIDEN...Who would appear to be the winner of the same thing from SLEEPY.

https://www.the-sun.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/10/KB_Hunter_biden_comp_updated.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1

fj1200
09-29-2021, 12:34 PM
My father helped me get most of my jobs as a kid, and my first legit one when I was 16.

I'm guessing those weren't jobs that required the approval of a state regulator.

Biden hypocrisy aside.

Gunny
09-29-2021, 12:41 PM
I'm guessing those weren't jobs that required the approval of a state regulator.

Biden hypocrisy aside.Sorry. On the scale of crap that matters, this doesn't register. People, family or no, use influence all the time to get jobs. Try getting a job in DC. Oops, you're not black and don't have a hookup. Good luck.

And no, my dad just had to talk to the gas station owner :laugh: I was in school and came home to my new job -- pumping gas.

Parents don't just want their kids to have jobs, they usually NEED their kids to have jobs and get weened off the freeloading :)

fj1200
09-29-2021, 01:01 PM
Sorry. On the scale of crap that matters, this doesn't register. People, family or no, use influence all the time to get jobs. Try getting a job in DC. Oops, you're not black and don't have a hookup. Good luck.

And no, my dad just had to talk to the gas station owner :laugh: I was in school and came home to my new job -- pumping gas.

Parents don't just want their kids to have jobs, they usually NEED their kids to have jobs and get weened off the freeloading :)

I repeat.

Biden hypocrisy aside.

:poke:

It doesn't register until it does and when it does they'll look no further than Rep...

Gunny
09-29-2021, 01:07 PM
I repeat.

It doesn't register until it does and when it does they'll look no further than Rep...I can repeat as well: I don't care. Has a law been broken? Haven't seen where one was. Unethical? I guess if you want to wear a halo and pretend to be pure as the driven snow it probably isn't.

Not important enough for me to care.

Gunny
09-29-2021, 01:23 PM
I repeat.

It doesn't register until it does and when it does they'll look no further than Rep...Of more concern to me is watching the right eat it's own over petty shit while Dems who should be kicked out of office if not imprisoned for their crimes laugh at the right while it's doing it.

The Dems worst enemies are the people, and the GOP. The GOP's worst enemy is the GOP.

The question that would concern me most about this whole thing is: how dumb do you have to be to get turned down for a real estate license?

darin
09-29-2021, 02:23 PM
No, you have to prove your assertion, and you have done nothing of the sort. So you are for nepotism. Why?

Are you an adult? Serious question.

Are you asking me to prove my point that you have no evidence to support the claim you made? Is that where your "brain" is on this topic?

What if the daughter's license application was rejected for illegal reasons? What if she was there as a mother and not as the governor? What if she was ASKED to be there by the other party?

JakeStarkey
09-29-2021, 02:30 PM
The claim is solid, and you have no way to disprove it.

darin
09-29-2021, 03:00 PM
The claim is solid, and you have no way to disprove it.

You are not understanding how this works.

For adults we operate like this: When we make a claim, proof or evidence of the claim is incumbent upon ourselves.

YOU Claim she did something bad and YOU have no evidence she did. Therefore, using simple math, we must conclude you are a retard.

Gunny
09-29-2021, 03:35 PM
The claim is solid, and you have no way to disprove it.USA, remember? It is incumbent on you to prove your accusation; not, anyone else to disprove it.

Bilgerat
09-29-2021, 04:01 PM
You are not understanding how this works.

For adults we operate like this: When we make a claim, proof or evidence of the claim is incumbent upon ourselves.

YOU Claim she did something bad and YOU have no evidence she did. Therefore, using simple math, we must conclude you are a retard.

https://i.imgflip.com/1uym07.jpg

fj1200
09-29-2021, 04:14 PM
I can repeat as well: I don't care. Has a law been broken? Haven't seen where one was. Unethical? I guess if you want to wear a halo and pretend to be pure as the driven snow it probably isn't.

Not important enough for me to care.

You don't care and I don't care up until the point of it carrying some weight at the ballot box. Against the law? Don't know; we're lacking some information. Unethical? More likely.

Of more concern to me is watching the right eat it's own over petty shit while Dems who should be kicked out of office if not imprisoned for their crimes laugh at the right while it's doing it.

The Dems worst enemies are the people, and the GOP. The GOP's worst enemy is the GOP.

The question that would concern me most about this whole thing is: how dumb do you have to be to get turned down for a real estate license?

And this is part of why we're are own worst enemy. And it was an appraiser license with probably similar requirements to a real estate license.

Gunny
09-29-2021, 04:40 PM
You don't care and I don't care up until the point of it carrying some weight at the ballot box. Against the law? Don't know; we're lacking some information. Unethical? More likely.

And this is part of why we're are own worst enemy. And it was an appraiser license with probably similar requirements to a real estate license.The right is its own worst enemy because it holds others on the right -- but not necessarily themselves -- to a higher standard while hold the left to none at all.

When the right starts holding the left to the same standard, my level of concern over trivial crap might change. It isn't like Noem got her daughter a job counting votes.