PDA

View Full Version : Why a rocket launcher?

JakeStarkey
09-29-2021, 04:57 PM
To order a sandwich in North Carolina?

I served on active duty for more than a decade, and I own and have owned many firearms over the years. This fascination with 'boom' is beyond me, though. The butt facing forward holster is cool.

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/243367284_227992766039397_2209284159730035939_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DfPP2HCQIZYAX93DVnQ&tn=uSnMmjZcps77ZeCk&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=c6c4380b21157cad127a27c28782a1cf&oe=6159CE76

MtnBiker
09-29-2021, 05:18 PM
Whoa, .410 shells are hard enough to find. The quest for that ammo must be a bitch.

Gunny
09-29-2021, 05:59 PM
That weapon's not legal to carry. Those are some REALLY shitty looking holsters. The way he's wearing the two handguns in those shitty holsters doesn't look very functional for any kind of quick use.

I'm going to say this is a bro out for a photo op with his other bro's. Tat's look like they could be real.

Could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

darin
09-29-2021, 08:44 PM
Bullshit you were on Active duty. No active duty Soldier or Marine would call that a 'rocket launcher' - we'd call it an AT4. And the one he has is inert. The pic was made as satire.

JakeStarkey
09-30-2021, 07:55 AM
You were never on active duty, you wannabee.

If you were, you were not combat arms, only a REMF.

No, this is not about you at all, Darin.

It's about stupid in the venue.

:)

darin
09-30-2021, 08:07 AM
You were never on active duty, you wannabee.

If you were, you were not combat arms, only a REMF.

No, this is not about you at all, Darin.

It's about stupid in the venue.

:)

Are you ConHog? He lied about his service too.

Black Diamond
09-30-2021, 09:58 AM
Bullshit you were on Active duty. No active duty Soldier or Marine would call that a 'rocket launcher' - we'd call it an AT4. And the one he has is inert. The pic was made as satire.

I think that's a good litmus test you have there. I have never heard of an AT4

fj1200
09-30-2021, 10:02 AM
Why would one use a technical term when speaking to the man on the street?

Black Diamond
09-30-2021, 10:13 AM
Why would one use a technical term when speaking to the man on the street?

I think darins point is "cause they just do"

fj1200
09-30-2021, 10:16 AM
^That would be silly.

As is the argument. :420:

Black Diamond
09-30-2021, 10:22 AM
^That would be silly.

As is the argument. :420:

Yeah. I see what you are getting at but that isn't really the argument. His argument is Military folks don't use that term or a lot of other terms. They have a vernacular that doesn't go away.

fj1200
09-30-2021, 10:28 AM
I thought the argument was rocket launchers, err AT4s in a Subway. :saluting2:

darin
09-30-2021, 10:45 AM
Yeah. I see what you are getting at but that isn't really the argument. His argument is Military folks don't use that term or a lot of other terms. They have a vernacular that doesn't go away.

it's like when ConHog wrote about Soldiers taking a "Physical Fitness exam" vs PT Test. "PT Test" is "PT Test" - that's all any Solider ever calls it.

"Rocket Launcher" is not something Soldiers would learn to say. We'd get smoked in Basic calling an AT4 a 'rocket launcher'. It's akin to calling our Rifle a 'Gun' I suppose. We'd say 'Weapon' or 'rifle' or "m4". 'Rocket Launcher' is not much different than had the OP called it a Bazooka.

Juicer66
09-30-2021, 11:00 AM
No wonder Americans have never won even a skirmish in the last 70+ years .

If you are not stoned out of your minds you are arguing like kids over zilch .

In Vietnam , 75% of US combat troops did not even aim at the enemy . Guess most of the enemy that were killed were just unlucky -- got plugged by error .

Black Diamond
09-30-2021, 11:22 AM

In Vietnam , 75% of US combat troops did not even aim at the enemy . Guess most of the enemy that were killed were just unlucky -- got plugged by error .

Starting in early I see

JakeStarkey
09-30-2021, 11:38 AM
Now you are attacking Vietnam Viets over biased rumors.

I do think many of our armed forces since 1990 may have or do today feel that way.

darin
09-30-2021, 11:59 AM
Now you are attacking Vietnam Viets over biased rumors.

Do you think Juicer is a viet nam vet? And why would it matter? John Kerry is a VietNam vet and he has destructive and borderline immoral/unethical opinions. It's child-like to do what you just did - to insinuate people cannot disagree with others based on class - it's a bush-league move on your part.

JakeStarkey
09-30-2021, 12:00 PM
One guy named Kerry for to use is a fallacy of hasty generalization.

He does not represent a generation. Thank heavens you don't either.

JakeStarkey
09-30-2021, 12:02 PM
John Kerry is a VietNam vet and he has destructive and borderline immoral/unethical opinions. It's child-like to do what you just did - to insinuate people cannot disagree with others based on class - it's a bush-league move on your part.

You and your sheeple do it all the time, and once again when you get smacked you cry. You guys simply cannot take what you try to dish.

darin
09-30-2021, 12:07 PM
One guy named Kerry for to use is a fallacy of hasty generalization.

He does not represent a generation. Thank heavens you don't either.

You and your sheeple do it all the time, and once again when you get smacked you cry. You guys simply cannot take what you try to dish.

Unreal.

Juicer66
10-02-2021, 02:32 AM
Starting in early I see

Of course part of you detests your young and gorgeous Mum for lambasting you for your atrocious past performance .

But you cannot quarrel with the facts -----

You just don't win and 75% of combat troops in Vietnam did not shoot to kill .

So predetermine the psychos , send them in for killing and use the remainder for building your infrastructure ' for nothing ' .

Anyhow infantry are almost obsolescent -- see super soldiers , lasers , DEW and satellite based weapons etc

JakeStarkey
10-02-2021, 09:44 AM
Do you think Juicer is a viet nam vet? And why would it matter? John Kerry is a VietNam vet and he has destructive and borderline immoral/unethical opinions. It's child-like to do what you just did - to insinuate people cannot disagree with others based on class - it's a bush-league move on your part.
in
darin, are you confused? I asked if he was attacking Vietnam vets.

This may be of help to you.

Zyme, a novel and potentially amyloidogenic enzyme cDNA isolated from Alzheimer's disease brain

1997, Journal of Biological Chemistry

malepatternJuicerless may suffer from the problem, too, making silly claims about %s of who shot and did not shoot in Vietnam.

JakeStarkey
10-02-2021, 09:48 AM
A good study of the issue of shooting or not shooting at the enemy can be found at

https://www.historynet.com/men-against-fire-how-many-soldiers-actually-fired-their-weapons-at-the-enemy-during-the-vietnam-war.htm

darin
10-02-2021, 10:22 PM
in
darin, are you confused? I asked if he was attacking Vietnam vets.

This may be of help to you.

Zyme, a novel and potentially amyloidogenic enzyme cDNA isolated from Alzheimer's disease brain

1997, Journal of Biological Chemistry

malepatternJuicerless may suffer from the problem, too, making silly claims about %s of who shot and did not shoot in Vietnam.

that is no help. You still make no sense. Do you english much?

JakeStarkey
10-03-2021, 08:08 AM
that is no help. You still make no sense. Do you english much?

Darin, you are stumbling and fumbling.

Gunny
10-03-2021, 10:29 AM

Of course part of you detests your young and gorgeous Mum for lambasting you for your atrocious past performance .

But you cannot quarrel with the facts -----

You just don't win and 75% of combat troops in Vietnam did not shoot to kill .

So predetermine the psychos , send them in for killing and use the remainder for building your infrastructure ' for nothing ' .

Anyhow infantry are almost obsolescent -- see super soldiers , lasers , DEW and satellite based weapons etc

Facts :rolleyes:

YOU are an idiot. Get your facts from an Oliver Stone manuscript? You post more misinformation than the Biden administration.

darin
10-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Darin, you are stumbling and fumbling.

you have the worst come-backs on the board. Not an ounce of wit.

JakeStarkey
10-03-2021, 10:52 AM
you have the worst come-backs on the board. Not an ounce of wit.

You don't deserve any better is the point. You are mumbing and crumbling.

darin
10-03-2021, 10:59 AM
You don't deserve any better is the point. You are mumbing and crumbling.

Re-read that line and ask yourself it it reads as-if written by a grown up human. Do you want to learn to get better at internally developing and then articulating actual points? A few of us can teach you, though you'd have to do the hard work to rewire your brain a bit.