PDA

View Full Version : Why some sweet little darlings- end up dead...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-30-2021, 05:50 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/georgia-homeowner-found-home-invaders-corpse-on-porch-after-two-dogs-mauled-him-to-death-authorities/ar-AAOY8ug?ocid=msedgntp

Law & Crime

Follow
Georgia Homeowner Found Home Invader’s Corpse on Porch After Two Dogs Mauled Him to Death: Authorities
Colin Kalmbacher 10 hrs ago

Alex Abraha via Coweta County Sheriff's Office© Provided by Law & Crime Alex Abraha via Coweta County Sheriff's Office
Alex Abraha

Two dogs mauled an alleged intruder to death last week at a home in Georgia, authorities say. The dead man’s body was discovered on the homeowner’s porch after the suspected mauling incident.

According to law enforcement, Alex Binyam Abraha, 21, made his way into the two-bedroom house located in a rural area of Newnan, Ga. on Sept. 24.

Coweta County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived on the scene sometime after 10:30 a.m. in response to a report that someone was dead on the property. That someone was Abraha; his corpse had been found by the resident of the property that same morning.

According to The Newnan Times-Herald, the sheriff’s department worked with homicide investigators from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation — though the case was eventually not ruled a homicide.

On Wednesday, the newspaper reported that a medical examiner with the GBI ruled that Abraha’s cause of death was mauling, citing CCSO Investigator Toby Nix. By definition and practice, a homicide legally cannot occur when a human being is killed by a non-human animal.

According to law enforcement, evidence suggests that the mauled man made entry into the home before quickly encountering the two large dogs.

Doug Evans, a journalist with local Fox affiliate WAGA-TV, shared photos of the canines late Wednesday afternoon via Twitter:

According to Evans’ WAGA-TV report, investigators say that Abraha died outside the home after gaining entry and being attacked. The homeowner told law enforcement that he does not know the man who is said to have entered his home and died there — and that he had no idea why the man gained entry in the first place.

The outlet also reports that authorities do not anticipate filing any criminal charges against the person who lives in the home on Walt Sanders Road in north Coweta County.

Multiple news organizations have reported that the animals believed to have killed the man were seized by authorities as part of their initial investigation. The dogs are currently in the custody of Coweta County Animal Services, which operates under the auspices of the county’s Department of Corrections.

There is currently no word on what fate awaits the two animals. The prospect of the dogs not making their way home, however, has been criticized by a number of people on social media.

Law&Crime reached out to various local and state authorities for additional details on this story, but no response was immediately forthcoming at the time of publication

edit-

Just take a look at the guy....--Tyr

Abbey Marie
09-30-2021, 02:18 PM
The link stopped working, what did he look like? I’ve heard the name Binyam as Ethiopian, though.

And it seems to me that saying “he gained entry” instead of committed a home invasion is kinda PC, aka lame.
Even if the door was unlocked, he is still entering a home uninvited.

Having said that, if your unsupervised dog wants to kill a person, maybe he needs to not come back home.

Gunny
09-30-2021, 02:23 PM
The link stopped working, what did he look like? I’ve heard the name Biniyam as Ethiopian, though.

And it seems to me that saying “he gained entry” instead of committed a home invasion is kinda PC, aka lame.
Even if the door was unlocked, he is still entering a home uninvited.

Having said that, if your unsupervised dog wants to kill a person, maybe he needs to not come back home.Why? No point in having dogs for protection if they aren't allowed to protect. I certainly don't blame dogs for acting like dogs. That's what they do.

That said, animals that kill humans are usually euthanized over the superstitious beleif that once they get the taste for human blood ...:rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
09-30-2021, 02:24 PM
Why? No point in having dogs for protection if they aren't allowed to protect. I certainly don't blame dogs for acting like dogs. That's what they do.

That said, animals that kill humans are usually euthanized over the superstitious beleif that once they get the taste for human blood ...:rolleyes:

Why? Because no one was home. They killed this guy anyway. The article admits they don’t even know why he entered the home.

Gunny
09-30-2021, 04:17 PM
Why? Because no one was home. They killed this guy anyway. The article admits they don’t even know why he entered the home.What are you supposed to do with your dogs if you want to go to the store? If the purpose of the dogs is security, seems to me rendering them unable to provide it is a self-defeating exercise.

Whether or not we know why he was there, we DO know he wasn't supposed to be. a reasonable person doesn't just walk into other people's houses.

Abbey Marie
09-30-2021, 07:31 PM
What are you supposed to do with your dogs if you want to go to the store? If the purpose of the dogs is security, seems to me rendering them unable to provide it is a self-defeating exercise.

Whether or not we know why he was there, we DO know he wasn't supposed to be. a reasonable person doesn't just walk into other people's houses.

I will bet you dollars to donuts they raised these dogs to be killers. A normal dog would bark like crazy as soon as someone approaches the house. Killer dogs wait and silently spring into action for the kill. Would you really want your dog to kill someone other than for self defense? I sure as hell wouldn’t. A good guard dog would scare this guy away before he even stepped inside. Problem solved, and no one dies.

And I’ll repeat, we don’t even know for sure ​why the guy was there. We can only speculate.

Gunny
09-30-2021, 07:38 PM
I will bet you dollars to donuts they raised these dogs to be killers. A normal dog would bark like crazy as soon as someone approaches the house. Killer dogs wait and silently spring into action for the kill. Would you really want your dog to kill someone other than for self defense? I sure as hell wouldn’t. A good guard dog would scare this guy away before he even stepped inside. Problem solved, and no one dies.

And I’ll repeat, we don’t even know for sure ​why the guy was there. We can only speculate.You sure are willing to speculate about the dogs and their owners :)

Dogs and their owners is separate topic. I'm going strictly by what is reported. I don't even recall where this was. Here? Doubtful they'll file charges. The dogs were where they were supposed to be. The man wasn't.

Juicer66
10-01-2021, 03:35 AM
He might have been height challenged ( Dwarf in old currency) and mauled by two dachshunds who thought he was a nasty pit bull .

Or, he had not washed for a week and stunk of cats which the two beagles hated because of a past incident when a cat had thrashed them unmercifully on points .

Abbey Marie
10-01-2021, 09:49 AM
Saw pics of the dogs. One is definitely a pit bull. The other’s face was partially out of the pic, but he could have also been a pit.

NT'sGirl
10-01-2021, 10:29 AM
Why? Because no one was home. They killed this guy anyway. The article admits they don’t even know why he entered the home.

Riley is on the registered list of aggressive dogs. Had we not had her on a perimeter fence I have no doubt the little shit bag that was looking through my shed would have had the fight of his life.

Riley has a kill switch and when that gets flipped it's extremely likely things will die.

But I like her that way.

Abbey Marie
10-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Riley is on the registered list of aggressive dogs. Had we not had her on a perimeter fence I have no doubt the little shit bag that was looking through my shed would have had the fight of his life.

Riley has a kill switch and when that gets flipped it's extremely likely things will die.

But I like her that way.

I liked her very much that way when Mr. Grizzly was visiting us. :cool:

NightTrain
10-01-2021, 11:10 AM
Yeah, when a dog goes full attack mode, tunnel vision ensues... our dogs are well behaved and love people - unless those people aren't supposed to be there or the dogs sense that the person is 'bad'. When there's a bear present, they're hard to bring back into normal mode because the overriding instinct is to attack the bear until it's either dead or been run off. The same applies to an unauthorized intruder sneaking into the home.

I wish my radar regarding people was as good as my dogs. They can take one look at a human and know if they're bad or not. I don't understand how it works, but I respect the accuracy. It's visual, a body language thing because I've seen the reaction when the wind was the wrong way. Dogs are very good about it.

Regarding the OP... this dirtbag broke into a home while the owner was away. The Pitbulls did their duty and protected their owner's home as a good dog does. I have no sympathy for the criminal and those dogs deserve a nice big filet mignon.

The man has been identified as Alex Binyam Abraha, 21, of Atlanta (https://www.foxnews.com/category/us/atlanta). Deputies say he had active warrants for his arrest in Fulton County.

Investigators say the homeowner doesn’t know Abraha or why he would be in his home.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dogs-maul-intruder-found-dead-by-coweta-homeowner-investigators-say

Gunny
10-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Yeah, when a dog goes full attack mode, tunnel vision ensues... our dogs are well behaved and love people - unless those people aren't supposed to be there or the dogs sense that the person is 'bad'. When there's a bear present, they're hard to bring back into normal mode because the overriding instinct is to attack the bear until it's either dead or been run off. The same applies to an unauthorized intruder sneaking into the home.

I wish my radar regarding people was as good as my dogs. They can take one look at a human and know if they're bad or not. I don't understand how it works, but I respect the accuracy. It's visual, a body language thing because I've seen the reaction when the wind was the wrong way. Dogs are very good about it.

Regarding the OP... this dirtbag broke into a home while the owner was away. The Pitbulls did their duty and protected their owner's home as a good dog does. I have no sympathy for the criminal and those dogs deserve a nice big filet mignon.

[/FONT]https://www.foxnews.com/us/dogs-maul-intruder-found-dead-by-coweta-homeowner-investigators-say

13597Isn't that pic the same guy Jake posted as Jesus? :)