PDA

View Full Version : Max Blumenthal!!!

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Is writing a book!!!!!

The creator of some of the most watched political videos on youtube (and my all time favorite blogger) is writing a book on the Christian right.
From his blog:

Why My Blogging Will Slow Down Until Next Year

I have made a verbal agreement with Nation Books to author a book for them that will (hopefully) appear next summer, during the height of election season. Our contract has not yet been finalized, but it should be completed shortly.

My book will encapsulate much of the work I have done about the right during the past four or five years. I plan to focus my narrative on the political psychology and underlying culture of the right by revealing how a cult of personal crisis animates the movement’s politics of resentment. Over the years I have encountered countless high-profile right-wing activists whose extreme political behavior was galvanized by the existential crises they suffered. In their attempts to purify the land of sin, they hope to purify their souls as well. For them, conservatism is more than ideology — it is a unique form of self-medication. It is no wonder that the most influential figure in the Christian right, James Dobson, is not a preacher or theologian, but a child psychologist. Dobson understands the cult of personal crisis and has exploited it to his advantage.

I have a short period of time to write this book. This will make it hard for me to keep blogging on a regular basis. It has already been difficult for me to maintain a regular blogging schedule given all the other projects I have taken on. So until next year, this blog will mainly serve as a bulletin board for updates about my work. I won’t be blogging on the news or taking on other projects, so don’t look for any new videos or lengthy articles, though I do plan to continue researching for Media Matters. For those of you who have trafficked my blog since the beginning, back in 2004, or kept up on my reporting and videos, I hope we’ll meet next year at a book event in your town. Until then, check in here for updates.

Here are his videos (I'm sure many of you have seen them)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ByLqJD36F7E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ByLqJD36F7E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0t5e6VMYjnk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0t5e6VMYjnk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3inspkrGVbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3inspkrGVbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjMRgT5o-Ig"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mjMRgT5o-Ig" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

*WATCH THEM IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THEM*

Dilloduck
09-28-2007, 07:48 PM
oh ya--can't wait --books about politics are so rare these days ! :laugh2:

stephanie
09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Max Blumenthal.......is one of the most radical leftwing..............nobody..

Thinks himself someone of importance, I guess....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/7171387_1053981208.gif

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Max Blumenthal.......is one of the most radical leftwing..............nobody..

Thinks himself someone of importance, I guess....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/7171387_1053981208.gif
Uh no actually he doesn't...
And if you call intelligent analysis based on facts and reason "radical leftwing", well, then I guess that means retardation and ignorance should be called “radical rightwing”.

Oh wait, it already is. :laugh2:

stephanie
09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
And if you call intelligent analysis based on facts and reason "radical left wing", well, then I guess that means retardation and ignorance should be called “radical right wing”.

Widdle Maxie, is a hysterical ranting wuss...
Who the hell has every heard of him?
The only reason I have, is because he post on the Huffo post, and I bust a gut whenever I read his shit...:coffee:

Dilloduck
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
And if you call intelligent analysis based on facts and reason "radical leftwing", well, then I guess that means retardation and ignorance should be called “radical rightwing”.

Obama will be a great VP--dont' worry.

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Widdle Maxie, is a hysterical ranting wuss...
Who the hell has every heard of him?
The only reason I have, is because he post on the Huffo post, and I bust a gut whenever I read his shit...:coffee:
He's only 20 something. He doesn't expect people to have heard of him.
Ever heard of "building up a carreer"???
Ann Coulter wasn't heard of when she started off, and look at her now.

Oh, and BTW I'm glad to see you read at least one intelligent news source.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
For someone who doesn't expect people to know him, he sure seems to think people will be tearing their hair out if they can't read his blog for a while. :dunno:

As for the subject of his upcoming tome: sorry, but, it sounds like a Christianphobic yawner.

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
For someone who doesn't expect people to know him, he sure seems to think people will be tearing their hair out if they can't read his blog for a while. :dunno:

As for the subject of his upcoming tome: sorry, but, it sounds like a Christianphobic yawner.
And there are people who are tearng their hair out. There are people who read his blog more than they read the news and always comment on his posts (I'm one of them).

Christianphobic yawner? Stop trying to use the term "phobic". You sound stupid. It's also an insult to groups of people who actually have reason to use the term "phobic".

darin
09-28-2007, 08:57 PM
It's also an insult to groups of people who actually have reason to use the term "phobic".

Spiders?

Are the Jena6 'Nooseaphobics'?

Dude - it's BLATANT fear and ignorance of Christianity. Christians are the only major group of folk who face DAILY persecution for who they are. Every OTHER major group has a 'backing' (read: dollars) to argue on their behalf.

Abbey Marie
09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
And there are people who are tearng their hair out. There are people who read his blog more than they read the news and always comment on his posts (I'm one of them).

Christianphobic yawner? Stop trying to use the term "phobic". You sound stupid. It's also an insult to groups of people who actually have reason to use the term "phobic".

Yes, it does sound stupid to call anyone who disagrees with your lifestyle or beliefs "phobic" doesn't it? I'm glad you have finally seen the light. :clap:

stephanie
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, and BTW I'm glad to see you read at least one intelligent news source.

I only read the Huffo post for shits and grins..

And to see what the loony toons have to say..:laugh2:

manu1959
09-28-2007, 09:00 PM

people are so afraid of christianity they will not let it be taught in school....every other phobia must be tollerated ...accepted and taught in school.....and before you start in...i am not a christian

Guernicaa
09-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Spiders?

Are the Jena6 'Nooseaphobics'?

Dude - it's BLATANT fear and ignorance of Christianity. Christians are the only major group of folk who face DAILY persecution for who they are. Every OTHER major group has a 'backing' (read: dollars) to argue on their behalf.
Daily persecution? Oh my god you're so full of fucking shit its not even funny.

Christians face NOTHING compared to gay people.
Do you know how many people utter the word "faggot"??
Everywhere you go you hear someone call something "gay" or call another person a "fag".

stephanie
09-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Everywhere you go you hear someone call something "gay" or call another person a "fag".

Gay was a word that was stolen by the homosexuals..I will not stop using it for ANYBODY..
And they call each other...faggot...look at the show...QUEER eye for the straight guy....Get a grip...:poke:

Remember that saying...

stick and stones?? Sheesh

manu1959
09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Gay was a word that was stolen by the homosexuals..I will not stop using it for ANYBODY..
And they call each other...faggot...look at the show...QUEER eye for the straight guy....Get a grip...:poke:

Remember that saying...

stick and stones?? Sheesh

fags are cigarettes........

stephanie
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
fags are cigarettes........

or a bundle of sticks..if I recall right..

manu1959
09-28-2007, 09:19 PM
or a bundle of sticks..if I recall right..

well when i was in england a fag was a cig.....

stephanie
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
well when i was in england a fag was a cig.....

yep..

fag1 /fæg/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fag] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, fagged, fag·ging, noun
–verb (used with object) 1. to tire or weary by labor; exhaust (often fol. by out): The long climb fagged us out.
2. British. to require (a younger public-school pupil) to do menial chores.
3. Nautical. to fray or unlay the end of (a rope).
–verb (used without object) 4. Chiefly British. to work until wearied; work hard: to fag away at French.
5. British Informal. to do menial chores for an older public-school pupil.
–noun 6. Slang. a cigarette.
7. a fag end, as of cloth.
8. a rough or defective spot in a woven fabric; blemish; flaw.
---------------------------------------------------------
also...

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This fag·ot also fag·got (fāg'ət) Pronunciation Key
n.
A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

tr.v. fag·ot·ed also fag·got·ed, fag·ot·ing also fag·got·ing, fag·ots also fag·gots

To bind into a fagot; bundle.
To decorate with fagoting.

-------------------------------------

I notice further down, they've since added this...:rolleyes:
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This fag 3 (fāg) Pronunciation Key
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.

[Short for faggot2.]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fag

Mr. P
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, I hate polls, bias, slanted questions...blah, blah.
Book sales on the other hand can't be argued.

I'll watch the seller list on this one (NOT). My guess is it will go the way of liberal talk radio...NO AUDIENCE, folks will not pay for trash (cept the NYTs subscribers):laugh2:.

Hugh Lincoln
09-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Max Blumenthal is a Jew who hates America, whites, Christians, straight people, guns, apple pie and probably my grandmother. He should dangle from a tree. His father, Sidney, worked for Bill Clinton, no? And beat the shit out of his wife?

Sitarro
09-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Is writing a book!!!!!

The creator of some of the most watched political videos on youtube (and my all time favorite blogger) is writing a book on the Christian right.
From his blog:

*WATCH THEM IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THEM*

This could be the biggest "who gives a shit what that faggot has to say?" announcements of all time. Really little boy, who gives a shit?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
09-29-2007, 11:14 PM

Hey, it's a great slur, I use it at least a few times a day. I called a queer a faggot just the other day out of instinct and he countered by calling me a "BREEDER!" ....... ouch, that really hurt.

Hint....To get the correct effect, you have to shout BREEDER with a lisp.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: The fact is, fags are pretty damn funny, especially when they aren't trying to be.

Sitarro
10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Blumenthal is a no-talent faggot that couldn't write a "how-to book'' on how to be an asswhipe.