PDA

View Full Version : Judge Contends Justice Department Biased Against Jan. 6 Protesters

Gunny
10-03-2021, 01:20 PM
I agree with McFadden. Cities were burned, looted and/or destroyed and the left collectively brushed it off. They went total Chicken Little "insurrection" over the same thing being done by Trump supporters. I support none of the behavior,. Destructive, pointless and stupid. As suggested, I might get an ounce of faith in the Justice Dept if it wasn't showing it's obvious bias to the leftwingnut bureaucracy.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 6:57 AM PT – Sunday, October 3, 2021A federal judge suggested the Department of Justice has been biased in its sentencing of January 6 protesters. During the sentencing of accused protester Danielle Doyle on Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Trevor McFadden suggested rioters in Washington D.C. and elsewhere during 2020’s civil unrest were given lesser sentences than those who participated in the incident at the Capitol.
McFadden added the Justice Department would “have more credibility if it was even-handed in its concern about riots and mobs in the city.” He also questioned why more protesters throughout the 2020 riots weren’t brought to court.

During her time before the district judge, Doyle expressed her love for the country as well as her intentions on January 6.
“I love this country,” she expressed. “So many people came here to represent things that were important to us, but in the blink of an eye, all of those things were overshadowed.” she said.
McFadden’s comments come as prosecutors continue to claim the January 6 event was far more detrimental to the U.S. than the dozens of violent protests of 2020.
https://www.oann.com/judge-contends-justice-department-biased-against-jan-6-protesters/

JakeStarkey
10-03-2021, 01:44 PM
I have no doubt the administration that was trying to be ousted by the Capitol rioters is going to be hard on them.

Russ
10-03-2021, 01:46 PM
I agree with McFadden. Cities were burned, looted and/or destroyed and the left collectively brushed it off. They went total Chicken Little "insurrection" over the same thing being done by Trump supporters. I support none of the behavior,. Destructive, pointless and stupid. As suggested, I might get an ounce of faith in the Justice Dept if it wasn't showing it's obvious bias to the leftwingnut bureaucracy.

https://www.oann.com/judge-contends-justice-department-biased-against-jan-6-protesters/

Amen, Gunny.

Gunny
10-03-2021, 01:47 PM
I have no doubt the administration that was trying to be ousted by the Capitol rioters is going to be hard on them.The Justice Dept is not supposed to be part of an administration. It's supposed to enforce law, equally.

fj1200
10-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Part of the difference could be Federal vs. State. Every Jan 6 individual committed a Federal crime. Not sure the percentage of 2020 crimes being a Fed offense.

Gunny
10-03-2021, 03:22 PM
Part of the difference could be Federal vs. State. Every Jan 6 individual committed a Federal crime. Not sure the percentage of 2020 crimes being a Fed offense.They were taking over Federal buildings. Seattle, Portland, and a couple in the upper Midwest. It's a Federal crime.

JakeStarkey
10-03-2021, 03:23 PM
The Justice Dept is not supposed to be part of an administration. It's supposed to enforce law, equally.

Trump did it. Biden is doing it. Its the new norm.

fj1200
10-03-2021, 03:36 PM
They were taking over Federal buildings. Seattle, Portland, and a couple in the upper Midwest. It's a Federal crime.

Ah, yes. Forgot about those. I'd bet the numbers of those taking over Fed buildings is similar enough, overall percentage being fairly low, but regardless the same actions aren't being taken against those people.

Gunny
10-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Trump did it. Biden is doing it. Its the new norm.Try that one again. Trump tried to get rid of all of Obama's bureaucrats. The bureaucracy there is not to be confused with politicians. While some politicians camp out, they still go home. The DC bureaucrats homestead. Trump's biggest mistake was not in taking on the dems. It was taking on the bureaucracy.

Either way, Trump didn't start it. The evil stench of that DC bureaucracy has been there almost as long as the place has.

JakeStarkey
10-03-2021, 05:03 PM
Try that one again. Trump tried to get rid of all of Obama's bureaucrats. The bureaucracy there is not to be confused with politicians. While some politicians camp out, they still go home. The DC bureaucrats homestead. Trump's biggest mistake was not in taking on the dems. It was taking on the bureaucracy.

Either way, Trump didn't start it. The evil stench of that DC bureaucracy has been there almost as long as the place has.

Nonsense, in that, yes, Trump tried to get the AG to be his lawyer and the DOJ his law firm. It's no excuse that any before him or after him has done it.

They all need to go.

Gunny
10-03-2021, 08:47 PM
Nonsense, in that, yes, Trump tried to the AG is his lawyer and the DOJ his law firm. It's no excuse that any before him or after him has done it.

They all need to go."They all do it" . Appoint their ow AG? I get that. Even when Trump did it. Why would I want your AG?

What happened to Trump is what's happening to these Jan 6th protestors. Both pose a threat to the bureaucracy itself. Trump was going to "Clean the Swamp", and these knuckleheads breaking into the Capitol were going to do something -- you don't threaten the DC establishment. The career bureaucrats who watch administrations come and go from the same desk.

The only thing that would and/or could clean up DC is to burn it to the ground. Otherwise, it is what it is.

JakeStarkey
10-04-2021, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by JakeStarkey http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=992279#post992279)
Nonsense, in that, yes, Trump tried to make the AG his lawyer and the DOJ his law firm. It's no excuse that any before him or after him has done it.

They all need to go.

Originally Posted by Gunny
"They all do it" . Appoint their ow AG? I get that. Even when Trump did it. Why would I want your AG?

What happened to Trump is what's happening to these Jan 6th protestors. Both pose a threat to the bureaucracy itself. Trump was going to "Clean the Swamp", and these knuckleheads breaking into the Capitol were going to do something -- you don't threaten the DC establishment. The career bureaucrats who watch administrations come and go from the same desk.

The only thing that would and/or could clean up DC is to burn it to the ground. Otherwise, it is what it is.

Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden have increasingly tried to make the AGs their own lawyers.

Trump and about 1000 of the protesters and rioters illegally tried to overthrow an election, and they threatened the lawful outcome of an electorally secure election. The Audit at Maricopa County turned out the same as did more than sixty other GOP attempts to show any evidence that significant shenanigans went on with the ballots. And most of these efforts were in states controlled by the GOP. They all failed.

Gunny
10-04-2021, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by JakeStarkey http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=992279#post992279)
Nonsense, in that, yes, Trump tried to make the AG his lawyer and the DOJ his law firm. It's no excuse that any before him or after him has done it.

They all need to go.

Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden have increasingly tried to make the AGs their own lawyers.

Trump and about 1000 of the protesters and rioters illegally tried to overthrow an election, and they threatened the lawful outcome of an electorally secure election. The Audit at Maricopa County turned out the same as did more than sixty other GOP attempts to show any evidence that significant shenanigans went on with the ballots. And most of these efforts were in states controlled by the GOP. They all failed.

Incorrect. An out of control crowd rushed the Capitol to do what? Stop the vote certification? What exactly was this super-intelligent crowd going to do? Tear up some paper and think "Well, Bubba, we pulled it off, yuk, yuk":rolleyes: Proclaiming Trump guilty of inciting an insurrection based on any currently known evidence is intellectually dishonest, and partisan fantasy.

Stopping the vote certification was in no way going ot overthrow the results of a dishonest election. The people involved that thought so are stupid enough to be on Biden's staff.

The issue here is that HUGE chasm between punishment for the right and punishment for the left doing THE EXACT SAME THING ONLY WORSE since the left actually took over and occupied Federal buildings.

Haven't seen nor heard of a single prosecution for at least 4, separate instances by the left. Yet they've spared no expense and got hundreds of people indicted for this.

If you're going to throw them in jail, round up all those leftwingnut loonies, antifa and BLM idiots to share a cell with them. They deserve each other. Otherwise, I don't see that right wing nutcases deserve to spend any more time in jail than the leftwingnuts that haven't.

JakeStarkey
10-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Very correct. That is exactly what Trump et al tried to do, and now they can pay the price.