PDA

View Full Version : America Divided: Voters Blame Biden

jimnyc
10-06-2021, 12:02 PM
Didn't think it was possible to get more divided then things have gotten in the past few decades, but Joe is that good!

---

America Divided: Voters Blame Biden

President Joe Biden campaigned last year on a promise to unite Americans, but nearly two-thirds of voters say the country is now more divided.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 64% of Likely U.S. Voters believe America has become more divided since the last election. Only 11% think the country is more united than before the election, while 23% say the level of division is about the same. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Please sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free) or follow us on Facebook. Let us keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on October 3-4, 2021 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Rest - https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/social_issues/america_divided_voters_blame_biden

Black Diamond
10-06-2021, 12:35 PM
I'm guessing the proposed vaccine mandate is a big part of the additional division.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 01:34 PM
The vaccine is part of it.

Trump's abhorrent presidency and personality inflames a solid majority of Americans.

A solid minority of Americans opposed a black man as president and a multiracial woman as vice-president.

McConnell wants power for the GOP.

The Dems are intent on transforming America completely into a social market democracy.

The USA will be ruled by a permanent one-party government because neither side will back down.

darin
10-06-2021, 01:54 PM
The vaccine is part of it.

Trump's abhorrent presidency and personality inflames a solid majority of Americans.

A solid minority of Americans opposed a black man as president and a multiracial woman as vice-president.

McConnell wants power for the GOP.

The Dems are intent on transforming America completely into a social market democracy.

The USA will be ruled by a permanent one-party government because neither side will back down.

Trump's Highly-successful first term contrasted with the current state of things inflames ALL of the 70M who voted for Trump while the 50M who voted for Biden sit in happy denial of reality.

A solid majority of the 50M who voted for biden did-so even through biden's racist comments and harris' racist actions. They voted for them for racist reasons. There is no meaningful nor measurable group of Americans who cares what race the racists are. In fact, no american 'suffers' due to racism today except those of european and asian descent.

The dems are intent on turning the USA into a colony of the European Union. They are intent on sowing the seeds of civil war with their stupid ideas.

Voting fraud will continue to ensure democrats maintain some semblance of power; and Republicans will continue to allow democrats to break laws and violate our constitution.

We should think about voting limits; if a citizen votes for a horrible person more than once, they don't get to vote for 8 years until they a) grow up b) stop voting for idiots.

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years. Oh - but he was a meanie to people who hate him! oh no! :-/

fj1200
10-06-2021, 01:58 PM
Biden's a doddering fool but...

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years.

... oh my good Lord no.

darin
10-06-2021, 02:34 PM

... oh my good Lord no.

Just look at the data. Economy? Check. Security? Check. Reducing Govt Regulations? Check.

fj1200
10-06-2021, 02:51 PM
Just look at the data. Economy? Check. Security? Check. Reducing Govt Regulations? Check.

Yes. But doesn't equal...

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years.

Kathianne
10-06-2021, 03:02 PM

I have to agree. Many of his policies worked very well. He had that sort of 'unexpected ' like Reagan, which kept big challenges from cropping up abroad. Energy. The boarder, which imo was more the certain enforcement than the wall, but the wall WOULD help now.

At the same time again imo his rhetoric also caused division along the lines of Obama, though VERY different styles.

darin
10-06-2021, 03:15 PM

I disagree. On paper, Trump was among the most-successful or the most successful.

darin
10-06-2021, 03:17 PM
At the same time again imo his rhetoric also caused division along the lines of Obama, though VERY different styles.

His Rhetoric was used as an excuse for ugly people to be uglier. It truly did no harm. They decided to use his words to excuse their bad behaviour.

Kathianne
10-06-2021, 03:20 PM
His Rhetoric was used as an excuse for ugly people to be uglier. It truly did no harm. They decided to use his words to excuse their bad behaviour.

Sure it did, Biden is where he is because of not being Trump.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 03:29 PM

... oh my good Lord no.

Indeed, no. A thousand times no. darin is refusing to realize that Americans in a majority hate Trump. Period. That will not change.

fj1200
10-06-2021, 03:43 PM
I disagree. On paper, Trump was among the most-successful or the most successful.

He wasn't a transformational president. Reagan was transformational, Bush II led for better or worse. trump did neither and is a petulant man-child who owes any legacy he has to McConnell who got the corporate tax cut and judiciary appointments through.

Right and left. And no, it harmed his chances to be reelected and the Republican's chances to hold the Senate. He had a chance to grow and he either couldn't or didn't want to.

darin
10-06-2021, 03:45 PM
Indeed, no. A thousand times no. darin is refusing to realize that Americans in a majority hate Trump. Period. That will not change.

I am glad mentally retarded people have access to the internet - though I wish you'd use it to learn something.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 04:12 PM

His ugly rhetoric led to him receiving the same. Like any right winger, he could not take what he dishes.

Two can play darin's silly games. He simply can't take what he tries so ineffectually to dish.

NightTrain
10-06-2021, 04:16 PM

I was a fan.

Energy Independence for America

Manufacturing jobs returning

Border contained better than ever before

Peace in the Middle East - historic peace agreements

NATO members finally paying what they owed

The usual problematic dictators behaving

ISIS defeated

Ending ill-conceived trade deals; launching much improved ones

Slashing bureaucratic red tape

Awesome tax cut across the board

Ending taxpayer abortions

Changing the balance of the Supreme Court for the good

Unheard of low unemployment rates across the board

He was indeed transformational coming out of the 0bama years. We had a very good thing going. And all this despite being under constant seige by liberals. And donating his considerable salary to charity.

But hey! No mean tweets, right? At least there's something tangible.

Gunny
10-06-2021, 04:42 PM
The US itself isn't the only thing Biden is dividing. Specifically, his policies are dividing the US military. That equals lost battles and dead troops.

Between DepSecDef pimping CRT in the military, and the Dems and military as a whole turning a blind eye to a General talking treason with a ChiCom General, and threatening all miltary personnel to include former/retired with court martials for belonging to anything the left deems "right wing extremist", the message is clear:

Go with the left's program or get screwed. Might as well throw your own grenade into your unit as wait for an enemy to do it. Same result.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 04:45 PM
Gunny, the officers corp and the NCOs will follow Milley, and not think about it.

And the troops will follow the orders of those placed above them.

That was drilled into you and me, and it has been to them.

Gunny
10-06-2021, 04:55 PM
Gunny, the officers corp and the NCOs will follow Milley, and not think about it.

That was drilled into you and me, and it has been to them.Didn't spend any time at the top end of the leadership ladder did you?

What will happen is the professional corps will have to decide whether or not they can tolerate this BS until this Admin is gone, or get out. I wouldn't stay. I've stated more than twice had I stayed longer than I did, my retirement date would have been Jan 2008. I wouldn't have served under Obama. And he's looking almost sane compared to Biden.

The current crop of troops that aren't going to tolerate DoD policy and a traitor as JCS will just EAS. I for one hope they can get to it without getting killed. Whites are not going to tolerate CRT. No real military professional is going to tolerate Milley.

That's the beauty of it for the government. They're not allowed to talk or they end up in the brig.

Again, as a military leader, the message I'm reading is if you aren't an ethnic minority, don't subscribe to CRT and refuse to work for a traitor, writing's on the wall.

Black Diamond
10-06-2021, 04:58 PM
Didn't spend any time at the top end of the leadership ladder did you?

What will happen is the professional corps will have to decide whether or not they can tolerate this BS until this Admin is gone, or get out. I wouldn't stay. I've stated more than twice had I stayed longer than I did, my retirement date would have been Jan 2008. I wouldn't have served under Obama. And he's looking almost sane compared to Biden.

The current crop of troops that aren't going to tolerate DoD policy and a traitor as JCS will just EAS. I for one hope they can get to it without getting killed. Whites are not going to tolerate CRT. No real military professional is going to tolerate Milley.

That's the beauty of it for the government. They're not allowed to talk or they end up in the brig.

Again, as a military leader, the message I'm reading is if you aren't an ethnic minority, don't subscribe to CRT and refuse to work for a traitor, writing's on the wall.

So it will be like stalin purging his generals in the late 1930s in reverse

Gunny
10-06-2021, 05:03 PM
So it will be like stalin purging his generals in the late 1930s in reverseI've already stated they are going to purge the military. It purges itself every 10-ish years. I stated when than Deputy DOD racist stated they were force-feeding CRT that is what they would do.

Afghanistan War is over. Time for a drawdown. Better be on the right side of politics or you won't make the cut.

Black Diamond
10-06-2021, 05:07 PM
I've already stated they are going to purge the military. It purges itself every 10-ish years. I stated when than Deputy DOD racist stated they were force-feeding CRT that is what they would do.

Afghanistan War is over. Time for a drawdown. Better be on the right side of politics or you won't make the cut.

Sounds wonderful. Meanwhile Russia tests hypersonic missile from submarine.

darin
10-07-2021, 08:14 AM

That was drilled into you and me, and it has been to them.

no it wasnt. Non-free-thinkers, yes-men, didnt get promotions

JakeStarkey
10-07-2021, 08:49 AM
Didn't spend any time at the top end of the leadership ladder did you?

I would imagine division and corps commanders are toward the top end. Briefings with John Vesey, Army Vice Chief of Staff, is toward that end.

This group of commanders, officers, ncos, and troops will follow DOD policy, period.

Gunny
10-07-2021, 12:07 PM
I would imagine division and corps commanders are toward the top end. Briefings with John Vesey, Army Vice Chief of Staff, is toward that end.

This group of commanders, officers, ncos, and troops will follow DOD policy, period.

You left out "and that's an order".:rolleyes: The people worth keeping will follow orders until they can get out. The young and the lifers will think nothing of it.

None of which has anything to do with building a house on a foundation of sand.

JakeStarkey
10-07-2021, 01:20 PM
Trump's Highly-successful first term contrasted with the current state of things inflames ALL of the 70M who voted for Trump while the 50M who voted for Biden sit in happy denial of reality.

A solid majority of the 50M who voted for biden did-so even through biden's racist comments and harris' racist actions. They voted for them for racist reasons. There is no meaningful nor measurable group of Americans who cares what race the racists are. In fact, no american 'suffers' due to racism today except those of european and asian descent.

The dems are intent on turning the USA into a colony of the European Union. They are intent on sowing the seeds of civil war with their stupid ideas.

Voting fraud will continue to ensure democrats maintain some semblance of power; and Republicans will continue to allow democrats to break laws and violate our constitution.

We should think about voting limits; if a citizen votes for a horrible person more than once, they don't get to vote for 8 years until they a) grow up b) stop voting for idiots.

Trump was among the best world-leaders in history. He did more to help our nation than any president has probably done to help any nation within the past maybe 75 years. Oh - but he was a meanie to people who hate him! oh no! :-/

Oh, good heavens, no, you little sheep.

Gunny
10-07-2021, 01:40 PM
Yes, Trump tried to steal the election, and the majority won't stand for it.An unproven statement, and not the topic.

Don't feel too lonely in the boat. I was a Jimmy Carter supporter until I just couldn't take it anymore. You're stuck with "Pigpen" :laugh:

Russ
10-07-2021, 08:21 PM

Darin makes a good point.

Trump had baggage and a brash, unapologetic, mostly-Conservative personality that many people hated, but any reasonable person would have to agree that Trump's policies worked out very well. We had historically low unemployment, very low inflation, a safe southern border, we became the biggest exporter of oil in the world, and companies moving from overseas to this country. We also had all of America's enemies afraid to cross us because they didn't know what Trump would do. The only bad things from Trump's 4 years were Covid and the George Floyd riots, both of which had nothing to do with him or his policies.

Contrast that list with Biden: we now have high unemployment, hyper inflation, a southern border out of control, we're begging OPEC to sell us more oil because we don't have enough, and companies in America closing down. We also have America's enemies emboldened - a terror attack in the US is coming, and China could take over Taiwan and they know that Biden wouldn't do a thing beyond arresting a few more Moms and Dads at school board meetings. And Biden's only been in office for 8 months!

I'm not sure how any reasonable person can complain about Trump without complaining twice as loud about Biden.

Kathianne
10-07-2021, 08:41 PM

Trump had baggage and a brash, unapologetic, mostly-Conservative personality that many people hated, but any reasonable person would have to agree that Trump's policies worked out very well. We had historically low unemployment, very low inflation, a safe southern border, we became the biggest exporter of oil in the world, and companies moving from overseas to this country. We also had all of America's enemies afraid to cross us because they didn't know what Trump would do. The only bad things from Trump's 4 years were Covid and the George Floyd riots, both of which had nothing to do with him or his policies.

Contrast that list with Biden: we now have high unemployment, hyper inflation, a southern border out of control, we're begging OPEC to sell us more oil because we don't have enough, and companies in America closing down. We also have America's enemies emboldened - a terror attack in the US is coming, and China could take over Taiwan and they know the Biden wouldn't do a thing beyond arresting a few more Moms and Dads at school board meetings. And Biden's only been in office for 8 months!

I'm not sure how any reasonable person can complain about Trump without complaining twice as loud about Biden.

I replied to Darin about good policies of Trumps; but Biden is where he is, simply for not being Trump.

Biden though is much worse in most ways, including his unethical behaviors. Biden also was accused of sexual assault if not rape.

fj1200
10-07-2021, 10:12 PM

Actually the original statement was this...

Besides, there are good things that he did and good things that happened while he was in office. Those are not the same thing.

A leader reacts to things that happens. biden is clearly failing at things that are happening just as trump clearly failed at some things that happened. He failed at responding to the riots and he failed at responding to covid. That's why he's no longer POTUS and why he is not among the best world leaders in history.

Russ
10-08-2021, 09:13 AM
there are good things that he did and good things that happened while he was in office. Those are not the same thing.

A leader reacts to things that happens. biden is clearly failing at things that are happening just as trump clearly failed at some things that happened. He failed at responding to the riots and he failed at responding to covid. That's why he's no longer POTUS and why he is not among the best world leaders in history.

I stand by my statement that all the good things happening during the Trump administration were the direct result of his policies. He allowed pipelines, drilling, and fracking that gave us the oil supply. He strengthened the border with the wall and the stay in Mexico agreement. He responded strongly to attacks on US forces from Iran. He made the US business and jobs friendly with lower taxes and less regulation (people can argue downsides to that one maybe). I didn't even mention the Abrahamic Accords and Operation Warp Speed, two policies of his that I think were very impressive.

He is not President anymore strictly because of constant and virulent attacks from the mainstream media, mostly based on nothing. The Russia attacks have recently been shown to be a complete hoax, and a friendly or even neutral media would have held off on the attacks. If Trump was treated the way Biden is, he'd still be President. Is Biden were treated the way Trump was, he'd be impeached and probably out of office.

fj1200
10-08-2021, 10:30 AM
I stand by my statement that all the good things happening during the Trump administration were the direct result of his policies.

I didn't say good things didn't happen. trump is a buffoon. Darin's statement was wrong.

Russ
10-08-2021, 12:03 PM
I didn't say good things didn't happen. trump is a buffoon. Darin's statement was wrong.

But you're arguing that the good things that happened were accidental and Trump deserves no credit. I'm saying that is incorrect. All the very good things I listed were the direct result of policies created by Trump. I understand people disliking him, but the point is that for whatever reason, he instituted policies that worked.

I would even go further to say that you'd be hard pressed to come up with a bad thing that happened during his Presidency that was his fault. Covid - not his fault. George Floyd riots - not his fault. Not stopping the riots - the fault of liberal city mayors not asking for him to send in the National Guard - some even saying "stay out".

I'm just being objective - Trump might bluster and have an ego problem but his policies very much helped America.

Kathianne
10-08-2021, 12:15 PM
But you're arguing that the good things that happened were accidental and Trump deserves no credit. I'm saying that is incorrect. All the very good things I listed were the direct result of policies created by Trump. I understand people disliking him, but the point is that for whatever reason, he instituted policies that worked.

I would even go further to say that you'd be hard pressed to come up with a bad thing that happened during his Presidency that was his fault. Covid - not his fault. George Floyd riots - not his fault. Not stopping the riots - the fault of liberal city mayors not asking for him to send in the National Guard - some even saying "stay out".

I'm just being objective - Trump might bluster and have an ego problem but his policies very much helped America.

I wouldn't disagree with most of this and will even give a nod towards some of his overstatement working for US in foreign affairs.

What was bad about Trump were many of the same that was wrong with Obama, though vastly different styles.

Both were divisive, both through transparent and extremely opaque rhetoric. That doesn't mean Obama was successful policy wise; while mostly Trump was.

I've said from the very start, character and how one projects oneself as POTUS does matter. The media played for Obama, though many were disillusioned by 2012, just not enough.

I've said many times, I fervently wish there were a conservative that wasn't a minion , but could rally the people for Trump policies without the divisive elements inherent in his style.

Abbey Marie
10-08-2021, 12:24 PM
I replied to Darin about good policies of Trumps; but Biden is where he is, simply for not being Trump.

Biden though is much worse in most ways, including his unethical behaviors. Biden also was accused of sexual assault if not rape.

I agree with your “not-Trump” point. But with a caveat. I believe that you can fill in the name of any Republican President who unapologetically made the kind of changes Trump did, and the result would be the same. Yes, Trump’s in-your-face immature personality grated on many people, there is no doubt about it. But his policies bothered them more, IMO. Had he been your typical do-nothing, compromising President, he may have been re-elected. Instead, he pushed the envelope and enacted big changes.

Not to mention Biden being helped along by the influence of foreign governments scared to death of what another 4 years of Trump might look like.

Kathianne
10-08-2021, 12:55 PM
I agree with your “not-Trump” point. But with a caveat. I believe that you can fill in the name of any Republican President who unapologetically made the kind of changes Trump did, and the result would be the same. Yes, Trump’s in-your-face immature personality grated on many people, there is no doubt about it. But his policies bothered them more, IMO. Had he been your typical do-nothing, compromising President, he may have been re-elected. Instead, he pushed the envelope and enacted big changes.

Not to mention Biden being helped along by the influence of foreign governments scared to death of what another 4 years of Trump might look like.

The media's role in Trump losing and making his presidency so difficult is impossible to measure.

I think his behavior justied the media in many people's eyes, thus his losing to Biden, God help us.

I'm not convinced it was his policies that did him in by any measure. Polling for Trump was the inverse of Biden or Obama for that matter. Until Biden really screwed Afghanistan, like Obama his approval ratings were good. However, when looking at responses on the policies, both Biden and Obama came out very badly. Obamacare never polled well.

Many did not approve of Trump, but they gave much better ratings on policies.

fj1200
10-08-2021, 08:15 PM
But you're arguing that the good things that happened were accidental and Trump deserves no credit.

I haven't made that argument. At. All. But I don't blindly give credit where none is due. Inflation for example; he pretty much has zero control over it and an argument could be made that he sowed the seeds of inflation by flapping his mouth at the Fed Chairman just like LBJ.

Gunny
10-10-2021, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't disagree with most of this and will even give a nod towards some of his overstatement working for US in foreign affairs.

What was bad about Trump were many of the same that was wrong with Obama, though vastly different styles.

Both were divisive, both through transparent and extremely opaque rhetoric. That doesn't mean Obama was successful policy wise; while mostly Trump was.

I've said from the very start, character and how one projects oneself as POTUS does matter. The media played for Obama, though many were disillusioned by 2012, just not enough.

I've said many times, I fervently wish there were a conservative that wasn't a minion , but could rally the people for Trump policies without the divisive elements inherent in his style.

Ditto. Problem is, it takes an establishment minion to fill part of the bill, and a Trump the other. I haven't noticed anyone near close that, even these had-line Governors are part of the established system. Any other outsider will get the same treatment Trump did if not worse.

Kathianne
10-14-2021, 09:38 PM
Sure it did, Biden is where he is because of not being Trump.

I really do not want a large scale reenactment of GA's Senate races:

https://theweek.com/donald-trump/1006014/trumps-risky-plan-to-make-2022-about-himself

Gunny
10-15-2021, 12:21 PM
I really do not want a large scale reenactment of GA's Senate races:

https://theweek.com/donald-trump/1006014/trumps-risky-plan-to-make-2022-about-himselfI don't want a reenactment the left's/MSM's/anti-Trumper's of 2016-2020.

And I guess I'll just be the first to say it in my usual, tactful manner: Trump is pissing me off. I don't see anything he has done since the election as more than just damage to the right. Stolen, fair or whatever, the election went to Biden on the books. Move the f- on. He's presenting himself as an impetuous, petty little toddler that isn't getting his way.

Yes, I will probably STILL vote for him, if he's the candidate, against a Dem. They're just plain evil anymore. But that isn't saying much.

Black Diamond
10-15-2021, 01:45 PM
I don't want a reenactment the left's/MSM's/anti-Trumper's of 2016-2020.

And I guess I'll just be the first to say it in my usual, tactful manner: Trump is pissing me off. I don't see anything he has done since the election as more than just damage to the right. Stolen, fair or whatever, the election went to Biden on the books. Move the f- on. He's presenting himself as an impetuous, petty little toddler that isn't getting his way.

Yes, I will probably STILL vote for him, if he's the candidate, against a Dem. They're just plain evil anymore. But that isn't saying much.

Well that's how I was in 2008. I was considering third party because I didn't like McCain. Then I found out about where Obama went to church I said oh this MFer is a problem and needs to be stopped.