PDA

View Full Version : ID's dysfunctional executives (Gov and LTG) quarrel over who calls out NG

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 03:13 PM
The governor is jumping up and down on the lieutenant governor for wanting to call out the NG and send it to the border.

Idaho's governor accuses lieutenant governor of attempting to deploy National Guard to border without authorization

I have many friends in Idaho, and left and right, they are pulling their hair out because of the other side.

An extraordinary public feud between Idaho's two top leaders escalated on Tuesday when the state's governor, Brad Little, accused fellow Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin of overstepping her authority by ordering the state National Guard to the US-Mexico border while he was in Texas visiting the border.

McGeachin, who is running for governor next year, also drew Little's ire on Tuesday when she attempted to broaden his executive order banning so-called vaccine passports.

Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin addresses a rally on the Statehouse steps in Boise, Idaho on September 15.
Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin addresses a rally on the Statehouse steps in Boise, Idaho on September 15.
"Before I even left the state, the Lt. Governor unabashedly requested information from the Adjutant General to deploy our National Guard to the border, the same place I am visiting today to work with my fellow Republican governors on solutions to the crisis," Little said in a statement posted on Twitter. He traveled to Texas to meet with nine other governors to discuss border security and take a boat tour of the Rio Grande River.

Idaho's Constitution says that in the event that the governor leaves the state, the lieutenant governor takes control of "the powers, duties and emoluments" of the governorship until the governor returns.

Gunny
10-06-2021, 05:12 PM
While I'm all for it, she did it in a rather shady way. Legal, but shady. If a Dem did it all would be fine.

JakeStarkey
10-06-2021, 05:25 PM
Yes, it was shady, and you wear partisanship, Gunny, very poorly.

Bad fit.

Gunny
10-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Yes, it was shady, and you wear partisanship, Gunny, very poorly.

Bad fit.My "partisanship" in this case is that border that is 90 miles straight down US 90 from my house. There's nothing partisan about wanting the border of my state, not to mention the US's international border, enforced.

I am 100% behind federal enforcement. Since they won't, I'm 100% on Abbott's side. Biden's political agenda is f*cking up my state.