PDA

View Full Version : Report: Iran Manufacturing Drones To Project Terrorism In The Middle East

Gunny
10-07-2021, 02:44 PM
And the beat goes on. What does Iran have to worry about? Maybe Biden will give it some more money and terrorists. Note that the PRC is suspected of aiding the Iran regime in the production of the UAVs.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:21 AM PT – Thursday, October 7, 2021

A group that monitors Iran said the country is ramping up production of unmanned aerial vehicles, possibly to aid terrorist groups in the region. One America’s Scott Wheeler has more.
video @ link: https://www.oann.com/report-iran-manufacturing-drones-to-project-terrorism-in-the-middle-east/

NightTrain
10-07-2021, 03:30 PM
What we need to develop is a directed & focused EMP weapon for taking out drones.

Kind of like a Phalanx that the Navy uses for last-ditch defense of a ship from an inbound missile, but instead of a wall of lead, it's a directed EMP blast. Smoke those electronics and down she goes.

Of course you'd have to be careful with it so you don't accidently blast a plane behind it, but it should be possible to have the weapon automatically adjust the power settings according to the distance needed to reach the drone.

JakeStarkey
10-07-2021, 04:04 PM
What we need to develop is a directed & focused EMP weapon for taking out drones.

Kind of like a Phalanx that the Navy uses for last-ditch defense of a ship from an inbound missile, but instead of a wall of lead, it's a directed EMP blast. Smoke those electronics and down she goes.

Of course you'd have to be careful with it so you don't accidently blast a plane behind it, but it should be possible to have the weapon automatically adjust the power settings according to the distance needed to reach the drone.

Super thinking, NightTrain.

Gunny
10-07-2021, 04:43 PM
I am more curious as to why China would arm Iran. Seems to me that's short-term thinking that could go bad for China in an instant. Two diametrically opposed philosophies - theocracy vs communism.

NightTrain
10-07-2021, 04:59 PM
I am more curious as to why China would arm Iran. Seems to me that's short-term thinking that could go bad for China in an instant. Two diametrically opposed philosophies - theocracy vs communism.

Oil.