PDA

View Full Version : Stagflation

Kathianne
10-08-2021, 08:59 PM
I'm finding 5% to be optimistic:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stagflation-is-here-following-months-of-rising-prices-bofa-analysts-say-11633110365

JakeStarkey
10-09-2021, 05:59 AM
5-7% is not hyperinflation and there is no indication that stagflation is coming.

Juicer66
10-09-2021, 06:34 AM
Every piece of evidence underlines the ghastly times immediately ahead . Energy price increases in excess of 100% ? Yes , with some more engineering .

It will be interesting in a macabre sense to see whether the Vaccines or Hypothermia claim most winter deaths .

Using a probably heightened view of reality this could be a master piece Deep State finale :-

Turning up the dials on the La Palma , Canary Isles quakes/ volcano and producing a tsunami which devastates the US coast .

Then , Inflation ? Hyper Inflation ? Stagflation ?

No . All of them plus Devastation .

That scenario gives a win to the Chicoms .

JakeStarkey
10-09-2021, 06:47 AM
The evidence shows that some higher inflation is coming, which is normal in this type of situation.

It is not hyper.

It will not be staflation.

Energy prices in petroleum is based on supply meeting demand, which OPEC refuses to do.

And LuLuJuicer is talking about tsunamis? What a creepy weirdo.

Juicer66
10-09-2021, 09:40 AM
The evidence shows that some higher inflation is coming, which is normal in this type of situation.

It is not hyper .It will not be staflation.Energy prices in petroleum is based on supply meeting demand, which OPEC refuses to do.

You soon had to change your low IQ opinions .

Now you are admitting to big inflation with Hyper admission just around the corner .

No contribution from you to the Economics discussions and separately not even an understanding of Covid vaxx adverse reaction data published by the WHO .

P. S. What is' staflation '? Check for basic spelling errors .

And it is , "ARE based ' , when you wish to signify a plural .

NightTrain
10-09-2021, 01:45 PM

It is not hyper.

It will not be staflation.

Energy prices in petroleum is based on supply meeting demand, which OPEC refuses to do.

And LuLuJuicer is talking about tsunamis? What a creepy weirdo.

We have unfinished business :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?74433-Biden-Again-Uses-the-Fake-White-House-Set-Instead-of-White-House&p=993089#post993089

fj1200
10-09-2021, 05:54 PM
I'm finding 5% to be optimistic:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stagflation-is-here-following-months-of-rising-prices-bofa-analysts-say-11633110365

I think we're a bit away from the "stag" part. Hopefully the "flation" part won't be sustained.

Kathianne
10-09-2021, 06:21 PM
I think we're a bit away from the "stag" part. Hopefully the "flation" part won't be sustained.

Hey, blame the author, it's in the title
Then again, he admits we're not there yet. :laugh2:

fj1200
10-09-2021, 06:29 PM
Then again, he admits we're not there yet. :laugh2:

Yeah. I'm guessing the BofA analyst isn't old enough to recall. ;)

Juicer66
10-10-2021, 12:04 PM
Are we all sure of a common definition for this condition ?

Stagflation is characterized by slow economic growth and relatively high unemployment—or economic stagnation—which is at the same time accompanied by rising prices (i.e. inflation). Stagflation can be alternatively defined as a period of inflation combined with a decline in the gross domestic product (GDP).

If others cannot or will not see this confluence of conditions then I suspect they are not looking in the right direction .

You can argue -- somewhat academically , imo , how high inflation will rise ------ However , in excess of 10% across the board will be diabolical and in itself would be 5x the

average figure targeted as an annual top until very recently ( like ' yesterday ' ).

The historical extremes of hyperinflation typified by Weimar Germany , Zambia and Venezuela are neither pertinent or useful in this era . That is like looking at corpses

where a thousand bullets were fired to kill , when just the right one or perhaps two was sufficient .

Gunny
10-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Then again, he admits we're not there yet. :laugh2:We're not too far off. Our supply line is hanging on a thread. If they pull that back together without mishap it'll be a miracle. Especially when the "mishap" has Biden making the decisions :rolleyes:

Winners? The ports. They're making bank on all these backed up ships. Shippers can't get containers are having to pay to have new ones made. We'll pay for that. We're screwed on energy for at least 3 years. The best advice I heard was people need to start focusing on what they need instead of what they want. In THIS country? They'll wait until they can't get stuff and start crying :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
10-10-2021, 08:23 PM
We're not too far off. Our supply line is hanging on a thread. If they pull that back together without mishap it'll be a miracle. Especially when the "mishap" has Biden making the decisions :rolleyes:

Winners? The ports. They're making bank on all these backed up ships. Shippers can't get containers are having to pay to have new ones made. We'll pay for that. We're screwed on energy for at least 3 years. The best advice I heard was people need to start focusing on what they need instead of what they want. In THIS country? They'll wait until they can't get stuff and start crying :rolleyes:

They can only blame trump for so long.

Gunny
10-10-2021, 08:32 PM
They can only blame trump for so long.Honest truth? I've lived through this before in the 70s. I could care less who gets blamed.

I hope this shit hits especially hard on all those people that put Joe in office simply because he isn't Trump. Biden is a trainwreck. He can't make a right decision. And there's someone dumber than he is and a racist, kiss ass (meaning to progressives) waiting to take his place.

The jobs are going because builders can't build. That means the workers can't work. That means they aren't buying from producers who jack prices before going out of business.

If this tanks, nobody's riding for free.

SassyLady
10-10-2021, 08:52 PM
Honest truth? I've lived through this before in the 70s. I could care less who gets blamed.

I hope this shit hits especially hard on all those people that put Joe in office simply because he isn't Trump. Biden is a trainwreck. He can't make a right decision. And there's someone dumber than he is and a racist, kiss ass (meaning to progressives) waiting to take his place.

The jobs are going because builders can't build. That means the workers can't work. That means they aren't buying from producers who jack prices before going out of business.

If this tanks, nobody's riding for free.

70s ... gas and sugar, right?

Juicer66
10-11-2021, 04:57 AM
FIOnly

https://editorial.fxstreet.com/authors/Phil_Carr75x75-637235707814795615_XtraSmall.jpgPhil Carr (https://www.fxstreet.com/author/phil-carr)
The Gold & Silver Club (https://www.fxstreet.com/company/the-gold---silver-club)

Will stagflation drive silver prices higher in Q4 2021?

ANALYSIS (https://www.fxstreet.com/analysis) | 10/8/2021 8:48:39 AM GMT

As the global energy crisis intensifies and Natural Gas prices surge to record highs – suddenly Stagflation has returned as a dominant market risk, casting a shadow over the economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The risk of a stagflation scenario of slowing global growth and rising prices across the board is enough for traders and policymakers to take serious note of.

Opening quote from wider report .

Juicer66
10-11-2021, 11:45 AM
WTI Crude
+1.94
+2.44%

Crude up 2.44% on just 3 hours US trading .

Smashed through $80 and I was trading it at below $50 not long ago

Extremists forecast ca. $180 , but , regardless , $100 looks likely given present conditions and fairly quickly .

Gunny
10-11-2021, 04:21 PM
70s ... gas and sugar, right?coffee, bread, meat, electricity/gas/water. Everywhere it hurts. Not sure how it would work now with the internet, but finding anything specific was a bitch, IIRC.