PDA

View Full Version : Newt is Officially Not Running in 2008

5stringJeff
09-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Crap. Newt was my #1 guy. Now I'll have to figure out who to support for real. :(

------------
Gingrich Says No to White House Bid
By LIBBY QUAID – 2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will not run for president in 2008 after determining he could not legally explore a bid and remain as head of his tax-exempt political organization, a spokesman said Saturday.

"Newt is not running," spokesman Rick Tyler said. "It is legally impermissible for him to continue on as chairman of American Solutions (for Winning the Future) and to explore a campaign for president."

Gingrich decided "to continue on raising the challenges America faces and finding solutions to those challenges" as the group's chairman, Tyler said, "rather than pursuing the presidency."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gboFLnNx_MC5eXNVeT87qj7GrH-QD8RV8HE00

Mr. P
09-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Crap. Newt was my #1 guy. Now I'll have to figure out who to support for real. :(

------------
Gingrich Says No to White House Bid
By LIBBY QUAID – 2 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will not run for president in 2008 after determining he could not legally explore a bid and remain as head of his tax-exempt political organization, a spokesman said Saturday.

"Newt is not running," spokesman Rick Tyler said. "It is legally impermissible for him to continue on as chairman of American Solutions (for Winning the Future) and to explore a campaign for president."

Gingrich decided "to continue on raising the challenges America faces and finding solutions to those challenges" as the group's chairman, Tyler said, "rather than pursuing the presidency."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gboFLnNx_MC5eXNVeT87qj7GrH-QD8RV8HE00

We'll see, it could be the first test of the waters.
I just heard him on the radio last week say he would decide at the end of Oct. It's difficult to believe he wouldn't have known the legalities of 'exploring' until now. I donno.

chesswarsnow
09-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Thank Gawd!:dance:

2. I am so glad to see him not going to get into the race.
3. All he would of done was further split the Party.
4. Let him run his, *Let Me Think Of How To Fix America* thing.
5. Yes he had better run that and not take on the really important stuff, like *The Presidency*.
6. I never liked him, so that still hasn't changed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5stringJeff
09-29-2007, 05:12 PM
3. All he would of done was further split the Party.

Split the Party? He defined the party in the 90's.

I think I'm down to Mike Huckabee or Fred Thompson.

09-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I am disappointed to see him not run as well. I wasnt planning to vote for him, but he does have some amazing ideas and I think he could have really changed the dynamic of the election.

LiberalNation
09-29-2007, 10:12 PM
He's a has been. Wouldn't have won, they have too much dirt on him.

Mr. P
09-29-2007, 10:16 PM
He's a has been. Wouldn't have won, they have too much dirt on him.

They say Hillery may win...no dirt on her? Naaahhhhh :laugh2:

LiberalNation
09-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Hillary, maybe, but it will be an uphill slug.

Mr. P
09-29-2007, 11:01 PM

I am Counting on that..and yes she is...:laugh2:

-Cp
09-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow... what a real shame.. *not*... :)

PostmodernProphet
09-30-2007, 06:48 AM

???...isn't that spelled with a 't'?

chesswarsnow
09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Uphill slug,:lol:...hahahahahaha,......

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Strangely enough, I read something about Newt on Saturday. How he could never have run as the Republican candidate. Newt have never embraced family values. He has fewer moral values than Bill Clinton. Newt would have been shredded on the campaign trail.