PDA

View Full Version : Another enforcement of the vaccine that I agree with

jimnyc
10-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Well, really not that I support forcing a vaccine, but rather supporting the teams decisions to not let him play unless/until he does so.

Krie Irving is under a 4 year $136 million dollar contract. He can literally only play half of the games this year without while the rest play every game.

Either that, or get traded to a team where it doesn't matter.

---

Nets ban Kyrie Irving from team until he’s vaccinated

Brooklyn has told Kyrie Irving he can’t be a part-time Net.

The All-Star point guard has refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine, and the Nets announced Tuesday that he won’t be part of the team until he does. In essence, get vaxxed or get gone.

“Given the evolving nature of the situation and after thorough deliberation, we have decided Kyrie Irving will not play or practice with the team until he is eligible to be a full participant,” Brooklyn general manager Sean Marks said in a statement Tuesday morning.

“Kyrie has made a personal choice, and we respect his individual right to choose. Currently the choice restricts his ability to be a full-time member of the team, and we will not permit any member of our team to participate with part-time availability.”

Irving’s refusal to adhere to recent New York City vaccine mandates meant he wouldn’t be able to play home games at Barclays Center, or even at the cross-river rival Knicks. A recent development had allowed him to at least practice at home when the city ruled HSS Training Center a private office instead of a gym, but simply playing road games wasn’t enough.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/nets-announce-kyrie-irving-is-banned-from-team-until-hes-vaccinated/

Black Diamond
10-13-2021, 11:14 PM

NightTrain
10-13-2021, 11:47 PM
I just don't understand the logic.

A vaccinated person can catch and spread Covid19.

A non-vaxxed person also can. At the same rate.

We all know the vax does nothing to prevent catching it or spreading it.

What, exactly, are these intrepid athletes trying to accomplish? It's certainly not a health goal. They'll be just as exposed to covid with or without him.

I personally couldn't care less about basketball, this team or Kylie. My thoughts are of this widespread illogical push to force others to take it.

The world has gone quite mad.

Juicer66
10-14-2021, 04:40 AM
I just don't understand the logic.

A vaccinated person can catch and spread Covid19.

A non-vaxxed person also can. At the same rate.

We all know the vax does nothing to prevent catching it or spreading it.

What, exactly, are these intrepid athletes trying to accomplish? It's certainly not a health goal. They'll be just as exposed to covid with or without him.

I personally couldn't care less about basketball, this team or Kylie. My thoughts are of this widespread illogical push to force others to take it.

The world has gone quite mad.

Spot on .

Critical Thinkers plus True Scientists versus The Stupids and Gullibles .

jimnyc
10-14-2021, 12:33 PM
The problem here isn't as much about Covid or the shot, but rather a decision made that has a player sitting on the bench that was making untold $$$ to do just that. They, the team, need him to play. So giving him millions to sit doesn't make sense.

fj1200
10-14-2021, 12:42 PM
The problem here isn't as much about Covid or the shot, but rather a decision made that has a player sitting on the bench that was making untold $$$ to do just that. They, the team, need him to play. So giving him millions to sit doesn't make sense.

I think they don't get paid for games that they can't/won't play in. But still...

jimnyc
10-14-2021, 12:48 PM
I think they don't get paid for games that they can't/won't play in. But still...

Not any more. Some contracts allow for payments under many situations. In this one they chose to bench him so he was actually getting money for awhile. But they changed things up and now he's in la la land when any games are played in NY.

Same with injuries, players sit and get paid. I've seen many situations where players under contract still got paid. But in most cases you are correct. Hell, I've seen many retire and still get paid!

Last year they paid players to "opt-out" of the season by certain date, and still got paid. But the agreement made it much much less.

fj1200
10-14-2021, 12:51 PM
^Yup, I was just thinking covid games.