PDA

View Full Version : Moderna Won’t Share COVID-19 Vaccine Formula

Gunny
10-12-2021, 05:59 PM
FYI

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 2:08 PM PT – Tuesday, October 12, 2021Pharmaceutical giant Moderna has refused to disclose the formula of its coronavirus vaccine. According to Moderna chairman, the company would keep the vaccine formula private in order to support its own production of the vaccine.
The official added Moderna had no plans to share the vaccine formula with anyone moving forward. Earlier this month, Sweden, Denmark and Finland banned the use of the Moderna vaccine for young individuals due to risks of deadly heart inflammation.
The company has downplayed reports of such risks.
Moderna Chairman Noubar Afeyan went on to say, “while I think that people say well IP is not enough, you should put more etcetera between our scaled up production, our ability to execute rapidly and at full scale, and making our IP available from a patent infringement stand point we think we are doing everything we can to help this pandemic.”
The debate of vaccine formulas comes after Project Veritas reported of alleged use of aborted fetus cells in the Pfizer vaccine. Meanwhile, Moderna has admitted the COVID-19 vaccine was its only commercial product.
https://www.oann.com/moderna-wont-share-covid-19-vaccine-formula/

SassyLady
10-12-2021, 08:56 PM
How can there be informed consent?

Juicer66
10-13-2021, 04:09 AM
The undiluted arrogance of the Deep State knows no bounds apparently .

But the Sheeple do not have access to this type of info ( thanks , corrupt MSM ) and do not seem to have the brains to question the Puppet Masters let alone challenge and

then obliterate them .

What a mess .

fj1200
10-13-2021, 08:34 AM
Intellectual Property protections. :shrug:

revelarts
10-13-2021, 08:53 AM
So a vaccine is supposed to save us all ...
and millions of people can be "legally" to coerced to TAKE IT.
Because it MUST be done to SAVE LIVES!
Putting the drug into their bodies.
At the threat/promise of the lost of millions of educations, jobs and professions.

But the Pharmaceutical company that has the supposed LIFE SAVING vaccine is allowed to keep the formula secret.
And Not share it with the rest of the world... to SAVE LIVES!
because THE LAW says it's their intellectual property.
Because... they might loose a few billion?
Somehow They can NOT and should not be coerced into giving up the formula?

Is it just me that sees a problem here?

We can be legally coerced to take it, but they can't be legally coerced to give it away?

Almost seems like the Pharmaceutical companies are making the rules here.

Gunny
10-13-2021, 08:58 AM
At the threat/promise of the lost of millions of educations, jobs and professions.

But the Pharmaceutical company that has the supposed LIVE SAVING vaccine is allowed to keep the formula secret.

We can be legally coerced to take it, but they can't be legally coerced to give it away?

Almost seems like the Pharmaceutical companies are making the rules here.I'm with FJ. If I was a pharma company that had exactly one vaccine on the market, I'm going to patent the formula and I'm not sharing. A reasonable business decision.

revelarts
10-13-2021, 09:04 AM
I'm with FJ. If I was a pharma company that had exactly one vaccine on the market, I'm going to patent the formula and I'm not sharing. A reasonable business decision.
fine.
If they've got the right to keep their property out of the hands of others.
Even if it would supposedly stop people from dying.

Then i've got the right to keep their property out of my body.
WITHOUT consequence or coercion to the contrary btw.

Gunny
10-13-2021, 09:15 AM
fine.
If they've got the right to keep their property out of the hands of others.

Then i've got the right to keep their property out of my body.
WITHOUT consequence or coercion to the contrary btw.I have never said otherwise. You're bowing up to the wrong person. My only stance on the matter is if you ar going to fight City Hall, quit the incessant whining about the consequences.

I wish you peeps would vet our politicians half as well as you have covid vaccines. While we're at it, I wish you were even half as vocal about China's responsibility, and actually investigate Fauci and his role in it. You want to talk "experimenting". Maybe if Fauci, China their ilk weren't experimenting with weaponizing biology there'd be no covid-19 nor vaccines for it.

Hold the right people responsible instead of letting THEM walk and carry on as they always have. The vaccine is a result of the problem, not the problem itself.

revelarts
10-13-2021, 09:37 AM
I have never said otherwise. You're bowing up to the wrong person. My only stance on the matter is if you ar going to fight City Hall, quit the incessant whining about the consequences.
Big Phrama has ZERO consequences for keeping their property
I should should have ZERO consequences for keeping my body free of it.

Not sure why you want me and others to have (still yet unnamed) consequences but not vaccine companies.

I wish you peeps would vet our politicians half as well as you have covid vaccines. While we're at it, I wish you were even half as vocal about China's responsibility, and actually investigate Fauci and his role in it. You want to talk "experimenting". Maybe if Fauci, China their ilk weren't experimenting with weaponizing biology there'd be no covid-19 nor vaccines for it.

Hold the right people responsible instead of letting THEM walk and carry on as they always have. The vaccine is a result of the problem, not the problem itself.

I haven't vetted the politicians on issues like this?
I think you've probably missed a lot of my old post Gunny.

As far as China goes,
As far a i can tell China didn't lockdown the U.S. for nearly a year, China isn't telling me to take a vaccine or my kid can't go to college and i can't keep a job. China isn't firing thousands of nurses, etc. etc..

China didn't even fund or start the research that apparently made the virus, that's Faucii and other western scientist and Funders. Trust me i'm keeping track and so are many others.
getting ALL THAT info pass people who simply want me to mask up and take the shot,
who think I and others like me are MORE of problem than the Chinese or Faucii is not an easy task Gunny.
Be nice if we had your help.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2021, 09:55 AM
Intellectual Property protections. :shrug:

Yup.

fj1200
10-13-2021, 01:57 PM

But the Pharmaceutical company that has the supposed LIFE SAVING vaccine is allowed to keep the formula secret.

Almost seems like the Pharmaceutical companies are making the rules here.

Weren't you concerned about lost liberties an odd number of threads ago? Companies invest to create vaccines to get a return; it's worked pretty well so far.

Juicer66
10-14-2021, 05:02 AM
Weren't you concerned about lost liberties an odd number of threads ago? Companies invest to create vaccines to get a return; it's worked pretty well so far.

It has only operated through deceit , lies , damned lies and criminal practise .

Is that what you really want and applaud ?

Seems like Conspiracy to Critical Thinkers .

fj1200
10-14-2021, 07:36 AM
It has only operated through deceit , lies , damned lies and criminal practise .

Is that what you really want and applaud ?

Seems like Conspiracy to Critical Thinkers .

Even the whack-a-doodles think you're whack-a-doodle.

Patent law is Constitutional; and one of the few areas of law actually in the Constitution. To complain about it now is hypocrisy.

jimnyc
10-14-2021, 12:35 PM
2 issues IMO.

Many medications, that when they first come out, sell only their brand and don't share, for 20 years. Then after they share and all of the generics become available.

fj1200
10-14-2021, 12:49 PM
^All according to current Federal law.

Gunny
10-14-2021, 05:31 PM
Big Phrama has ZERO consequences for keeping their property
I should should have ZERO consequences for keeping my body free of it.

Not sure why you want me and others to have (still yet unnamed) consequences but not vaccine companies.

I haven't vetted the politicians on issues like this?
I think you've probably missed a lot of my old post Gunny.

As far as China goes,
As far a i can tell China didn't lockdown the U.S. for nearly a year, China isn't telling me to take a vaccine or my kid can't go to college and i can't keep a job. China isn't firing thousands of nurses, etc. etc..

China didn't even fund or start the research that apparently made the virus, that's Faucii and other western scientist and Funders. Trust me i'm keeping track and so are many others.
getting ALL THAT info pass people who simply want me to mask up and take the shot,
who think I and others like me are MORE of problem than the Chinese or Faucii is not an easy task Gunny.
Be nice if we had your help.Be nice if you had MY help? Of all the people on the board, I voted for THIS guy:
Every time Biden mandates, Abbott follows with a "no Biden mandate EO".

Like it or not, the people here want LOCAL government to decide whether or not masks in school are mandatory, and whether or not vaccines are mandatory. Not people nowhere near the place and/or living amongst us mere mortals. You know, like conservatives are supposed to stand for.

I see no difference between Biden issuing blanket mandates and Abbott issuing blanket mandates. No, it's NOT okay IF it agrees with my argument. Abbott has taken the choice away from moderates and independents, not just fascist lefties.

There's a big picture here. For me and Texas, anyway. Sorry about everyone's individual woes, but keeping the entire state out of the hands of the destroyers of all things normal and good is more important. I don't want to end up with a Biden as Governor just because everyone is pissed at Abbott for HIS overreach. It has taken since the 70s to turn this state back around after Ann Richards put us into a depression.

Anything else I can do for you? He's doing everything you want. The future of the GOP in Texas may look bleak because of it, but it doesn't matter how many of the majority suffer because of the minority, right?

I haven't told you to do a damned thing, Rev. Some of y'all got this 100% for or 100% against mentality, no room in the middle, and no room for facts. The last time the people stood up against the US Government, the US Government enslaved a nation in name of, of all things, freeing the slaves. That's worked out so wonderfully. For the Government.

You have a valid argument. So does the community. One's got to give. Simple as that. It's not going to be the community. Rightfully it shouldn't be. It's especially not going to be when dictatorial fascists are in control.

SO what are you going to do, Rev? Take on the US Government? It can screw you every which way you can turn your head and not think a thing of it. Hypothetically, if one was to take on the US government, one better come to grips with the reality of everything one relies on the government for to survive, and everything the government controls. Again, especially when its Dems who have 0 problem with waging war against the American People. It's just real enemies they can't handle.

Si if you're going down in flames, Rev, make sure what you're going down in flames for is worth it.

Russ
10-14-2021, 07:42 PM
I'm with FJ. If I was a pharma company that had exactly one vaccine on the market, I'm going to patent the formula and I'm not sharing. A reasonable business decision.

Totally agree. Why should a company that spent many millions of dollars and years of work just on the chance they could create a valuable drug, then give it up for nothing just when their investments start paying off? Who is even expecting them to?
Let's put it this way - if Moderna were coerced into giving up the formula for this drug, how many drug companies next year would be willing to invest in creating the next potentially life-saving drug? My guess is zero.

revelarts
10-15-2021, 06:30 AM
my stance hasn't changed.
My point here is that the company, BY DEFAULT, keeps it's rights to it's property against the greater good
And you and others are like, "Yes" "ho hum" "that's right"
While the unvaccinated are being pressured 6-ways-to-Sunday to give up their rights to their bodies for the greater good.
And people are FINE with the unvaccinated taking hits to OUR lifelong investments in our Bodies, our Careers, our Educations and freedom to engage in public life.
I'm pointing out the double standard.

Legally and culturally Big Pharma keeps EVERYTHING, it's biz, it's profits, it's freedoms, it's products,
While the unvaccinated are expected to loose anything or everything if we don't take their product.
It's insanity.

Are Biz property rights more sacrosanct legally than Citizen's rights to bodies, careers, educations, public access FJ?
Hasn't citizens personal freedoms worked pretty well the past 200 years as well?
Shouldn't we, at least, have the SAME of level of CLEAR understanding that U.S. Citizens have a right to their bodies.
And people should, BY LEGAL DEFAULT, NOT be pressured into actions that are against their best judgement... investment?

revelarts
10-15-2021, 06:52 AM
Be nice if you had MY help? Of all the people on the board, I voted for THIS guy:

Anything else I can do for you? He's doing everything you want. The future of the GOP in Texas may look bleak because of it, but it doesn't matter how many of the majority suffer because of the minority, right?

I haven't told you to do a damned thing, Rev. Some of y'all got this 100% for or 100% against mentality, no room in the middle, and no room for facts. The last time the people stood up against the US Government, the US Government enslaved a nation in name of, of all things, freeing the slaves. That's worked out so wonderfully. For the Government.

You have a valid argument. So does the community. One's got to give. Simple as that. It's not going to be the community. Rightfully it shouldn't be. It's especially not going to be when dictatorial fascists are in control.

SO what are you going to do, Rev? Take on the US Government? It can screw you every which way you can turn your head and not think a thing of it. Hypothetically, if one was to take on the US government, one better come to grips with the reality of everything one relies on the government for to survive, and everything the government controls. Again, especially when its Dems who have 0 problem with waging war against the American People. It's just real enemies they can't handle.

Si if you're going down in flames, Rev, make sure what you're going down in flames for is worth it.

So Gunny, you're not saying that you won't take one for the team are you?
the team being those that stand up for our constitutional rights.
Is the standard for the fight really just if we can win? Or fight as long as we won't get crushed?
Or do you just have different line in the sand?
Maybe gun confiscation? do you think you can win that?
I'm just curious what fight to do think is winnable or even worth fighting where the gov't or 'the community' won't have the advantage?

fj1200
10-15-2021, 07:17 AM
Are Biz property rights more sacrosanct legally than Citizen's rights to bodies, careers, educations, public access FJ?

Sorry dude. Your ire here is misplaced. There is no equating this with your vaccine mandate stance.

Russ
10-15-2021, 07:49 AM
my stance hasn't changed.
My point here is that the company, BY DEFAULT, keeps it's rights to it's property against the greater good
And you and others are like, "Yes" "ho hum" "that's right"
While the unvaccinated are being pressured 6-ways-to-Sunday to give up their rights to their bodies for the greater good.
And people are FINE with the unvaccinated taking hits to OUR lifelong investments in our Bodies, our Careers, our Educations and freedom to engage in public life.
I'm pointing out the double standard.

Legally and culturally Big Pharma keeps EVERYTHING, it's biz, it's profits, it's freedoms, it's products,
While the unvaccinated are expected to loose anything or everything if we don't take their product.
It's insanity.

Hasn't citizens personal freedoms worked pretty well the past 200 years as well?
Shouldn't we, at least, have the SAME of level of CLEAR understanding that U.S. Citizens have a right to their bodies.
And people should, BY LEGAL DEFAULT, NOT be pressured into actions that are against their best judgement... investment?

I agree, Rev, concerning vaccine mandates. Forcing everyone to get the vaccine or lose their job is disgraceful. It's like Big Brother

In regard to pharma's right to keep its property, I think they should be able to patent whatever they invent and get reasonable profits from it for 17 years. Taking their profits from them is not for the greater good in the long run.

If pharma does price gouging, that's different; then government should step in. But I haven't heard of any price gouging, and with multiple different pharma companies competing with different vaccines it is unlikely.

I don't think pharma keeping its property rights is linked at all to vaccine mandates, if that's what you're saying.

revelarts
10-15-2021, 09:00 AM
Sorry dude. Your ire here is misplaced. There is no equating this with your vaccine mandate stance.
Fj, I hate to say this but, you're blind if you don't see correlation.
(Edited: I should have said "Parallels" and not "correlation")

fj1200
10-15-2021, 09:04 AM
Fj, I hate to say this but, you're blind if you don't see correlation.

Two things happening at the same time; correlation. One thing having an effect on the other thing; causation.

Both involve the vaccine; correlation. IP laws being on the books for centuries and covid being around for going on two years; no causation.

revelarts
10-15-2021, 09:13 AM
I agree, Rev, concerning vaccine mandates. Forcing everyone to get the vaccine or lose their job is disgraceful. It's like Big Brother

In regard to pharma's right to keep its property, I think they should be able to patent whatever they invent and get reasonable profits from it for 17 years. Taking their profits from them is not for the greater good in the long run.

If pharma does price gouging, that's different; then government should step in. But I haven't heard of any price gouging, and with multiple different pharma companies competing with different vaccines it is unlikely.

I don't think pharma keeping its property rights is linked at all to vaccine mandates, if that's what you're saying.

so is what you folks saying ,
it's wrong for the gov't to MANDATE taking away a company's property against their will.
And it's Not the same as the Gov't MANDATING that We all be Injected with medication against our will.

i'm not sure i see the difference. AGAINST OUR WILL for the company vs the individual.
Both are gov't actions against our "rights".
and frankly the abused rights against our bodies, careers, eduction and public life is far worse.
i'm not sure what the obvious distinctions people seem to see here are.

please explain why Corporate property rights are more important than U.S. citizens human bodily rights here.
They can't take a company property for the greater good but they can take my body job edu etc for the greater good? what's the real difference here?
the only difference i see is that one is a multi-national corporation and the other is a U.S. citizen/individual human being.
I''m at loss to see why ONE is a forgone conclusion and the other is "not the same" categorically?

Gunny
10-15-2021, 10:24 AM
So Gunny, you're not saying that you won't take one for the team are you?
the team being those that stand up for our constitutional rights.
Is the standard for the fight really just if we can win? Or fight as long as we won't get crushed?
Or do you just have different line in the sand?
Maybe gun confiscation? do you think you can win that?
I'm just curious what fight to do think is winnable or even worth fighting where the gov't or 'the community' won't have the advantage?Did you read what you typed before you hit enter? I DID take one for the "team". You as an individual, standing on a "Right" you don't have, are not a team. The community -- my family -- is a team. I put the needs of the team before my personal, individual desires. There's no "I" in team.

I can't even imagine where you think you are coming from saying such trash to ME. I've spent my entire life always putting others first, usually at my expense without so much as a thank you most of the time. What do you think it takes to be a Marine? I certainly wasn't sitting on the other end of the World in the sand for days, months and years in service to myself.

I'm going to try a civilian example (some of y'all don't get the Marine ones): I recall in the late 70s when the 76ers had the 8 best individual basketball players in the league, if not the World. Couldn't wina championship. When the Bulls drafted Michael Jordan, he could score 60 points routinely and the Bulls lose. When they built a team around Jordan that played like a team, they couldn't lose. Stats on Magic Johnson one year back in the 90s: If he scored more than 30 points and had less than 10 assists, the Lakers lost. If he scored under 30 and had 15-ish assists, the Lakers won. Lebron James cant win by himself. No individual is better than the team.

What team are you on again? A bunch of individuals afraid to get a vaccine because it hasn't been tested for 20 years. In 20 years, you'll have another excuse, pointing to the 5 people that died as proof the vaccine kills :rolleyes:

Courts, from the Supreme Court on down, have repeatedly ruled against your "team". So neither community nor the law support your "team". I took one for the team. Just not your team. Certainly not Joe Biden's team of fools and criminals.

I stated way back when all this started it was too bad the medical necessity of the virus would be overshadowed by politics, and looky what has come to pass. I did not make my decision based politics nor the government. I didn't make it out of fear. I made my decision based on what is best for my family, and those around me. It is coincidental that it is what this corrupt, steaming pile of sh*t bureaucracy that calls itself a Constitutional government is forcing on people. I had to block out what they are doing because I AM rebellious enough by nature to cut off my nose to spite my face if I don't keep it in check. Emotions don't solve problems. They create them. Logic and fact solves them.

You can't lump community in with government at all levels. Community is how we survive. Our lives are based on it from WAY back when. It is the people that live around you, the infrastructure that supports you. The community provides those things and most people nowadays can't survive without it. Community is not a right and it can ostracize you. Back when, they'd kick you out the gate with the nothing you came into the World with. That's how it is.

When the community perceives a threat to the community, it is going to protect the community. Individual casualties are expected and acceptable. If you try to butt heads with the community, it is going to use everything in its power to force you into compliance, or get rid of you. You are not above the team.

The corrupt, immoral cesspool inside the 495 Beltway in DC can shit in one hand and put how much I care about what they want in the other and see which one fills up first.

Wnat to "play on a team"? Instead of playing to the bureaucracy's divisive tactics and strategy, why don't you and those like you put aside the differences above over a stupid vaccine, move on, and focus on playing as a "team" to get clear those blood sucking vampires that call themselves our government out of power?

If you're pushing teamwork, the first thing you need is a common goal and I don't hear anyone on the right that wants our government in the hands of a mafia. We all seem to be in agreement that it is the biggest problem in our lives and threat to whatever is left of our "Rights".

But you'd rather bitch about the peripheral minutia.

You're noever going to go head on with the government and beat it. Only chance you/we have is to change it from within.