PDA

View Full Version : Navy Prepares for Discharges of Sailors Who Refuse COVID Vaccine

Gunny
10-15-2021, 04:48 PM
Remember that drawdown I said was coming? Round 1.

To put this in perspective, bearing in mind the back and forths of LtCol Schelling, when they decided to pump us full of anthrax juice I had 18 years in and was a Gunny. The Marine Corps was not so kind as the Navy is this time around. Probably because they weren't looking to ditch bodies at the time. They were prosecuting for failure to obey a lawful order, and taking a stripe. Each time you refused.

I watched one Marine go from Sgt (e-5) to LCpl (E-3) in a week. THEN he decided he had a family and took the vaccine. Stupid.

For some, same choice, different vaccine except they're just not fooling with your ass and putting out. From the perspective of a Marine, I totally get it.

14 Oct 2021
Military.com | By Travis Tritten (https://www.military.com/author/travis-tritten)

The Navy (http://www.military.com/navy) said Thursday it is ready to dole out discharges -- either honorable or general -- to sailors who do not take one of the COVID-19 vaccines by a mandatory Nov. 28 deadline.
Sailors who refuse the shot can be reassigned while their cases are heard, and will not be promoted or given any other orders -- even if they have a pending exemption application, according to new administrative guidance (https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Portals/55/Messages/NAVADMIN/NAV2021/NAV21225.txt?ver=EfkG2psijI2X0IEKSId_5w%3d%3d) sent to the fleet.

Senior officers were ordered to be inoculated immediately, and will be given five days to comply once notified by a superior or face detachment for cause proceedings. If separated, they won't be eligible for involuntary separation pay and can have any unearned special or incentive pays recouped.
"An unvaccinated senior leader without a pending or approved exemption calls into question the Navy's trust and confidence regarding their ability to ensure unit readiness or to maintain good order and discipline," the memo said.

The military services set deadlines for vaccination and have been warning for weeks that refusing the vaccine could carry penalties after Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin made it mandatory on Aug. 25. The Navy has now made it explicit that sailors will be booted for refusal.
The Navy said Thursday that 144 of the 164 deaths in the department, or 87% of the death toll, were unvaccinated victims. The vaccination status of the remaining 20 is unknown, it said. The statistics include civilian personnel.
Overall, 67 troops from all the services have died from COVID, according to Defense Department statistics.
Any cases of sailors refusing the vaccine will be handled by the COVID Consolidated Disposition Authority, a panel created for that purpose and chaired by Vice Adm. John Nowell, the chief of naval personnel.
The panel could seek to recoup bonuses, special and incentive pay, and the cost of training and education.
About 98% of sailors have at least started the inoculation process, according to the service. They must complete either a two-shot vaccination or a single-shot vaccination by Nov. 14 to make the service's deadline because a two-week waiting period is required for full immunity.
Nearly 7,000 sailors still need to take the vaccine, according to the Navy figures.
Troops in the other service branches are also under the gun. The Air Force (http://www.military.com/air-force) faces the closest deadline for inoculation on Nov. 2. About 91% of active-duty airmen have been at least partially vaccinated, according to the service's latest data on Oct. 12.
The Navy and Marine Corps (http://www.military.com/marine-corps) deadline for active-duty troops is Nov. 28, and the Army deadline is Dec. 15.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/10/14/navy-prepares-discharges-of-sailors-who-refuse-covid-vaccine.html

Black Diamond
10-15-2021, 05:58 PM
And I am guessing Xi and putin are smiling.

Gunny
10-15-2021, 06:48 PM
And I am guessing Xi and putin are smiling.No reason to. Well, except for the bobblehead Pretender in Chief we have.

Can't speak for the Army or AF, but looks like the Navy (includes Marines) is at 98% vaccinated.

The other cute trick is just because they draw down the force doesn't mean they cut operational tempo one bit. Clinton increased it. More time at sea/away from home. For those that remain. Instead of 6 month pumps, they stretch them to 7 even though it is technically illegal to deploy the Marine Corps for that long. It changes your pay and allowance status over 180 days. Navy has a different set of rules as far as that goes.

Basically means when China bombs Pearl Harbor we'll be about as prepared as we were in 1941. Less prepared actually. FDR at least was already trying to mobilize. Biden waits for shit to hit him square between the eyes then doubles down on fucking up.

Black Diamond
10-15-2021, 07:07 PM
No reason to. Well, except for the bobblehead Pretender in Chief we have.

Can't speak for the Army or AF, but looks like the Navy (includes Marines) is at 98% vaccinated.

The other cute trick is just because they draw down the force doesn't mean they cut operational tempo one bit. Clinton increased it. More time at sea/away from home. For those that remain. Instead of 6 month pumps, they stretch them to 7 even though it is technically illegal to deploy the Marine Corps for that long. It changes your pay and allowance status over 180 days. Navy has a different set of rules as far as that goes.

Basically means when China bombs Pearl Harbor we'll be about as prepared as we were in 1941. Less prepared actually. FDR at least was already trying to mobilize. Biden waits for shit to hit him square between the eyes then doubles down on fucking up.

I would say the pearl harbor would be China taking Taiwan and/or putin attacking former soviet countries he thinks should still be his.

icansayit
10-15-2021, 07:14 PM
Sadly for WE THE PEOPLE. BIDEN'S gang of THUGS who actually run the White House are effectively putting that old, often used saying into action...as in:

CUTTING OFF OUR NOSE...(blackmailing with threats to military) TO SPITE OUR FACES.

I remember the massive drawdowns of the Clinton years too Gunny. But this is gonna be worse for all of us. They are using the COVID LIES to get rid of some, and the reality will be...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL WANT TO JOIN ANY OF OUR MILITARY NOW???

AUSTIN (Secdef) is a KISSASS, and YES MAN who probably is a SILENT member of BLM as well.

If his plans work...like the plans in CHICAGO, PHILLY, and other DEMOCRAT Run cities...
We may hear DEFUND THE MILITARY with the chants DEFUND THE POLICE too!

Gunny
10-16-2021, 12:36 PM
Sadly for WE THE PEOPLE. BIDEN'S gang of THUGS who actually run the White House are effectively putting that old, often used saying into action...as in:

CUTTING OFF OUR NOSE...(blackmailing with threats to military) TO SPITE OUR FACES.

I remember the massive drawdowns of the Clinton years too Gunny. But this is gonna be worse for all of us. They are using the COVID LIES to get rid of some, and the reality will be...WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL WANT TO JOIN ANY OF OUR MILITARY NOW???

AUSTIN (Secdef) is a KISSASS, and YES MAN who probably is a SILENT member of BLM as well.

If his plans work...like the plans in CHICAGO, PHILLY, and other DEMOCRAT Run cities...
We may hear DEFUND THE MILITARY with the chants DEFUND THE POLICE too!Have to keep it in perspective. WE wouldn't join the current military NOW. "We" would probably never get past E-2 in today's military and wouldn't be getting the boot over refusing a vaccine :laugh:

Cliche, but they're all a bunch of pussies to me.

At the same time, they are a product of today's society and today's military. They tell stories about us "old school, hard Corps" types in whispered awe over their games of Spades around the foot locker :laugh: Just like we did when we were 20 talking about our NCO's. I swore my Gunny was Satan in disguise :laugh: And they would just sneer at us and call us pussies,

Thing is, at some point, the rubber meets the road. I think they rely too much electronics/high-tech gadgets nowadays and have replaced ability with technical knowledge.
All fine and dandy until you have to take on 3 guys with an e-tool. Computer can't solve THAT problem for you :)

We have become our leaders :laugh: