PDA

View Full Version : January 6 Commission story doesn't pass the sniff test

Russ
10-25-2021, 04:19 PM
I'm hearing in the last few days news stories that there is still a Congressional "January 6 Commission" and that they suddenly have two 'secret witnesses' saying that members of Congress were involved in planning the January 6 riot. The story smells like crap to me, and the secret witnesses sound like Dem shills.

First of all, the story says that the witnesses have been "promised anonymity for their protection". How convenient, if the Dem politicians want to make sure these witnesses don't get cross-examined by Republicans. No witness should be able to make inflammatory accusations from behind a dark curtain. They should show themselves or shut up.

Second, why is there still a Jan 6 Commission? I think we already know all we need to know about Jan 6. A bunch of rally-goers got out of hand and pushed their way into the Capitol, with less violence than the average high school football game. It seems highly likely that the Dems just want to try to shove Jan 6 back into the news, specifically to try to influence the Virginia election for Governor, which is polling as a tie right now.

Finally, the idea that any member of Congress would get involved in a planned attack on the Capitol is just ridiculous. What kind of idiot would get involved in that? What kind of idiot would believe a member of Congress would get involved in that? What I can believe is that one or two members of Congress might agree to meet with people helping to plan a Trump rally - and then the Dems in this commission decide to conflate planning a Trump rally into 'planning insurrection' and 'planning to storm the Capitol'.

In other words, the Dems are stinkin' liars.

Gunny
10-25-2021, 04:41 PM
https://thefederalist.com/2021/10/25/rolling-stone-jan-6-scoop-erases-distinction-between-capitol-riot-and-white-house-protest/

Here's an extra lie to add to Jan 6th. One can but imagine who reads Rolling Stone for news. Actually, I have a pretty good idea :rolleyes: