PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Blackburn Issues Bill Protecting Essential Workers From Vaccine Mandates

Gunny
10-30-2021, 08:51 AM
Showmanship? I don't see it going anywhere. She makes good points. COVID = Catch-22.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:43 AM PT – Friday, October 29, 2021Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) has rolled out a new measure to protect the nation’s essential workers from being penalized or fired if they refuse to get vaccinated. The legislation titled “Keeping Our COVID-19 Heroes Employed Act” was issued earlier this week and is co-sponsored by fellow Republican senators across several states.
Blackburn voiced her support for essential workers who have risked their lives for Americans throughout waves of the pandemic and issued the measure to provide exemption for dedicated workers who oppose the shot.
“Throughout the pandemic, one group stood above the rest. They walked into work every day to ensure that Americans could survive the COVID-19 pandemic. Their efforts kept America running, kept this country humming. And across the country, these individuals were honored as the heroes of our time. They were deemed the essential workers,” said Blackburn.

This bill comes after Joe Biden issued a nationwide vaccine mandate for essential workers, giving them until Dec. 8 to get inoculated. Blackburn and her fellow constituents believe we should be celebrating and praising the workers for their heroism instead of “punishing them for exercising their individual health freedoms.”
Meanwhile, several politicians and business owners are backing the senator and thanking her for fighting against the mandate that could potentially lead to more layoffs amid the current supply chain crisis.
https://www.oann.com/sen-blackburn-issues-bill-protecting-essential-workers-from-vaccine-mandates/

Russ
10-30-2021, 09:10 AM
Showmanship? I don't see it going anywhere. She makes good points. COVID = Catch-22.

Gunny - Do you really think this won't go anywhere? That would be some kind of bad turning point for this country. This ought to make sense even to Democrats.

Firing "essential workers" is the essence of stupidity. They are "essential" because the work to needed, to keep basic things like health care, public safety, food, and utilities from breaking down, whether the workers are vaccinated or not.

Are Democrats so foolish that they think you can fire the workers but the work will continue to get done? Oh wait, yes, Democrats are that stupid, I almost forgot.

You could fire Congress and things might improve, but firing people that actually do important work is very bad.

Gunny
10-30-2021, 10:10 AM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) - Do you really think this won't go anywhere? That would be some kind of bad turning point for this country. This ought to make sense even to Democrats.

Firing "essential workers" is the essence of stupidity. They are "essential" because the work to needed, to keep basic things like health care, public safety, food, and utilities from breaking down, whether the workers are vaccinated or not.

Are Democrats so foolish that they think you can fire the workers but the work will continue to get done? Oh wait, yes, Democrats are that stupid, I almost forgot.

You could fire Congress and things might improve, but firing people that actually do important work is very bad.I understand what an essential worker is. Used to be one. I don't disagree with our points on firing them. I DO however think you are giving Dems WAY too much credit.

Public service workers are being laid off/fired in droves by the Biden admin's vaccine edict. This is the same administration Blackburn's proposal has to get past. The Dems are going to override their Lord and Master for a Republican proposal? I'm thinking no. The Biden Mandate is the vaccine is 100% foolproof and 100% effective. Except when he blows snot in his hand cuz he has no mask on then shakes others':rolleyes:

fj1200
11-01-2021, 07:12 PM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) - Do you really think this won't go anywhere?

Yeah, won't go anywhere. Would probably only likely cover Federal workers anyway. But before it went anywhere would be the minute that it wouldn't be necessary anyway.