PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda on the ropes?

manu1959
09-30-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/COMMENTARY/109280001/1012/commentary

i found this article and interesting read...particularly this section caught my attention....i agree with every word.....

Mr. Gingrich's alarm bell is the loudest: "The gap between where we are and where we should be is so large that it seems almost impossible to explain why the Petraeus Report, while important, will be a wholly inadequate explanation as to what is required to defeat our enemies and secure America and her allies."

America, says Mr. Gingrich, is "currently trapped between those who advocate 'staying the course' and those who would legislate surrender and defeat for America." The Petraeus Report is about a specific campaign, he explained, but Iraq is a campaign in a larger war just as Afghanistan is a campaign in a larger war. Context is missing. Like Gettysburg without the context of the larger Civil War still to be won; or Guadalcanal without the larger war still to be won, or President Reagan's Berlin Wall speech without any understanding about the Cold War and that the Soviet Union was a mortal threat to freedom.

Beyond Gen. Petraeus' testimony, says Mr. Gingrich, we need a report "on the larger war with the irreconcilable Wing of Islam. This enemy is irreconcilable with the modern civilized world... because it cannot tolerate other religions or other life styles... the Islamofascist approach to imposing its views on others and as such it is a mortal threat to our way of life, to freedom, and to the rule of law."

Dilloduck
09-30-2007, 03:27 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/COMMENTARY/109280001/1012/commentary

i found this article and interesting read...particularly this section caught my attention....i agree with every word.....

Mr. Gingrich's alarm bell is the loudest: "The gap between where we are and where we should be is so large that it seems almost impossible to explain why the Petraeus Report, while important, will be a wholly inadequate explanation as to what is required to defeat our enemies and secure America and her allies."

America, says Mr. Gingrich, is "currently trapped between those who advocate 'staying the course' and those who would legislate surrender and defeat for America." The Petraeus Report is about a specific campaign, he explained, but Iraq is a campaign in a larger war just as Afghanistan is a campaign in a larger war. Context is missing. Like Gettysburg without the context of the larger Civil War still to be won; or Guadalcanal without the larger war still to be won, or President Reagan's Berlin Wall speech without any understanding about the Cold War and that the Soviet Union was a mortal threat to freedom.

Beyond Gen. Petraeus' testimony, says Mr. Gingrich, we need a report "on the larger war with the irreconcilable Wing of Islam. This enemy is irreconcilable with the modern civilized world... because it cannot tolerate other religions or other life styles... the Islamofascist approach to imposing its views on others and as such it is a mortal threat to our way of life, to freedom, and to the rule of law."

Leave it to Newt to look at the big picture. :clap:

manu1959
09-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Leave it to Newt to look at the big picture. :clap:

as i have been saying ....

the west has been at war with radical islam for 2000 years....

Gaffer
09-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Newt is saying the same thing I have been saying for years. iraq is a front in a much larger war. So is Afghanistan.