PDA

View Full Version : Fla. Walgreens Gives 5-Year-Old Boy An Adult Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine

Gunny
11-12-2021, 02:26 PM
I would probably be dismantling a Walgreen's, one body at a time. This is BULLshit. While it might not make sense to some, I am against giving this vaccine to children to begin with. Walgreen's would be paying my grandkids' trusts for the rest of their lives if they developed so much as a headache. Idiots.

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 6:46 AM PT – Friday, November 12, 2021A Walgreens pharmacy reportedly gave a five-year-old the adult dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine. A Florida mom took her 5-year-old son to get vaccinated at a Walgreens this week when the pharmacist gave him an adult vaccine.
After being unable to book an appointment with a pediatrician, mother Erin Slutak opted for a Walgreens instead. She said that the pharmacy worker explained that the mistake was made because he was concentrating on her son’s allergies.
“He was more concerned that my son has allergies and he was worried about that as opposed to giving him the proper vaccine,” Slutak told a reporter.
A similar incident happened in Virginia this week after 112 children in Loudon County were accidentally given adult doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. This pharmacy has been temporarily blocked from administering any vaccines after the incidents.
Dr. Marcos Mestre, Chief Medical Officer at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital said its especially important that the parents of the children who were vaccinated with the wrong dosage pay attention to symptoms such as chest pains or shortness of breath
“More headaches, more fever, a little bit more fatigue,” explained the doctor when referring to medical trials of children who took adult dosages. “So likely not going to have any serious consequences, but something to monitor in terms of any sort of side effects that could occur.

Slutak urged other parents to pay extra attention when taking their children in for the vaccine to ensure they are receiving the correct dose.
https://www.oann.com/fla-walgreens-gives-5-year-old-boy-an-adult-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine/

revelarts
11-12-2021, 02:43 PM
the levels of wrong with walgreens giving the wrong vaccine dosage to a 5 year old are many and deep.

Gunny
11-13-2021, 09:09 AM
The way I'm reading this, the pharmacists purposefully tried to game adult dosages. There's ALWAYS that one (10 %) private:rolleyes:

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 4:29 PM PT – Friday, November 12, 2021A pharmacy in Virginia mistakenly gave more than 100 children the adult dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine. However, this isn’t the first occurrence.
“My warning to parents is ask for the orange cap. Demand to see the orange cap,” said one parent, Dasha Hermosilla.
The Virginia Department of Health confirmed 112 children were given the adult dosage of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in Loudoun County. Ted Pharmacy in Aldie, Virginia is now banned from administering any COVID vaccines for children and adults after recklessly inoculating kids with the wrong dosage.
Loudoun County Health Department Director Dr. David Goodfriend said the pharmacy “attempted to provide a proper dose” of the adult vaccine to children due to the vials for children not being shipped yet.
“What Ted Pharmacy tried to do is to get the correct dosage of 10 micrograms to kids by giving one-third of that or .1 milliliters of the adult,” he said.
In order to differentiate between the doses, the packaging for Pfizer’s adult vaccine is purple and their vaccine for children ages 5-11 is orange. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said the vaccine for children is one-third of the adult vaccine and Pfizer confirmed the adult vaccine shouldn’t be given to young children as that dosage for them is not FDA approved.

“The FDA and the CDC did this very, very, very purposefully. They had the child dosage in different size vials with a different color cap. The dose, the dilution, everything was different. The needles are different so that mistakes wouldn’t happen,” stressed Dr. Natalie Azar.
Instead, clinicians at Ted Pharmacy took it upon themselves to pull the doses from the vials intended for anyone 12 and older. However, this isn’t the only state to make this mistake.
After being unable to book an appointment with a pediatrician, a Florida mom took her five-year-old son to get vaccinated at a Walgreens when the pharmacist gave him an adult vaccine by mistake.
“He said that he was concentrating on my son’s allergies,” said mother, Erin Slutak. “He was more concerned that my son has allergies and he was worried about that as opposed to giving him the proper vaccine.”
In the meantime, health experts have advised parents to continue asking questions when it comes to their child getting the right vaccine, and to closely monitor their children if they have been vaccinated.
https://www.oann.com/112-kids-in-va-receive-adult-dosage-of-covid-19-vaccine/