PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Rittenhouse closing arguments and ultimate decision

jimnyc
11-15-2021, 05:21 PM
I would vote not guilty and wouldn't be reluctant in the slightest bit. Nor any lesser charges as I just don't see any of them applying or sticking.

And yes, the evidence is the evidence - and it all shows people going after him and him defending his life. This one even says that it is "clear" that he was fearing for his safety, and yet feels it may not be justified? I disagree.

A proper verdict but unjust? There was a lot "wrong" with the entire way this entire thing came about for Kyle, but that's all semantics in the end. What matters is, carrying a weapon or not, he was in fact attacked and chased by a mob. He shot to defend his life. That's really all that matters as per the law.

Do I think this happens if he applies common sense and never goes? Nope. There was a ton wrong here. Plenty of stupid decisions by Kyle to get him into that area. The entire mob, any antifa there as well, also aren't applying common sense. Out again protesting and confronting people. And then chasing a guy with a weapon. Lots and lots of stupid decisions made here. But IMO, in the end, it's those final decisions that matter the most.

---

Acquitting Rittenhouse in Kenosha murder case would be the correct, if unjust, verdict

Before, I could see Kyle Rittenhouse being found not guilty. Now, having seen the rest of the evidence, I’d be shocked if he’s convicted of anything more than a weapons charge.

Lawyers are scheduled to deliver their closing arguments Monday in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, and then the case will go to the jury.

If I were a member of that jury, I expect I would reluctantly vote to acquit Rittenhouse of the most serious homicide charges based on the evidence that he was acting in self-defense when he shot three people in Kenosha in August 2020.

That’s without the benefit yet of hearing those closing arguments. Prosecutors might still be able to pull together their case in a more compelling manner than they have managed so far.

And it’s also without knowing the jury instructions about the applicable law, which possibly could leave room for a compromise verdict on a lesser charge that would reflect the truth — which is that Rittenhouse was hardly faultless when he shot two people to death and very nearly killed two more.

But the evidence is the evidence, and I don’t expect the legal instructions to significantly change the outcome.

In the moments before he pulled the trigger, it’s pretty clear Rittenhouse had valid reasons to fear for his safety — first from a mentally unhinged man chasing him with full knowledge that he was carrying an AR-15 rifle and later from what he perceived as a mob violently attacking him to avenge the first shooting.

The mob’s motives — such as stopping an active shooter who was running away to bring him to justice — might offer a justification for their actions.

But it doesn’t nullify Rittenhouse’s own perception of events and the actions he took to defend himself.

After seeing the rest of the evidence this past week, let me take it a step further. I will be shocked if he’s convicted of anything more than underage possession of a dangerous weapon.

As someone who has made no secret of his predisposition against Rittenhouse and those of his ilk who would hold him up as some sort of hero, I thought I ought to put that opinion out there before people start reacting to a possible verdict they don’t understand.

I’ve watched the entire trial on television, which is not quite as good as being in the courtroom, but I don’t think I’ve missed much.

I saw Rittenhouse crying on the witness stand. I wasn’t sympathetic, but I found it genuine. I’m sure Rittenhouse feels very badly — for himself.

Even though I think an acquittal would be a proper verdict, I’d still come away from the Rittenhouse trial believing that to be an unjust result.

It was Rittenhouse’s reckless foolishness as a 17-year-old who chose to play volunteer lawman amidst a hostile crowd while toting an AR-15 rifle — a gun he was too young to own — that ultimately is the cause of getting those people killed.

But nobody foresaw the need to create a law covering underage vigilantism, and, as a result, an acquittal would result in his trial sending a message that his actions were OK.

Rittenhouse would then be allowed to go through the rest of his life believing exactly what he said on the witness stand: “I didn’t do anything wrong. I defended myself.”

Rest - https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2021/11/12/22778778/kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-murder-trial-self-defense-verdict-prediction

Gunny
11-16-2021, 08:52 AM
The author is a tool. Perfect example of what the MSM considers journalism these days - all opinion and no brains.

Sure, Rittenhouse should have stayed home. Errors in judgement from 17 years olds are hardly uncommon. But let's turn the author's words back on HIM:

"What if" ... THE rioters/mob had stayed home and not willfully chosen to violate the law? Oops :rolleyes:

SassyLady
11-16-2021, 05:02 PM
Rittenhouse is correct. He wasn't doing anything wrong. He was asked to come help protect and help the community.

The rioters burning down the town are responsible for all of this.

fj1200
11-16-2021, 05:10 PM
But nobody foresaw the need to create a law covering underage vigilantism...

Gunny is correct. A tool. If they had such a law, and enforced it, the streets would have had 90%+ less people out.

Kathianne
11-16-2021, 06:43 PM
The author is a tool. Perfect example of what the MSM considers journalism these days - all opinion and no brains.

Sure, Rittenhouse should have stayed home. Errors in judgement from 17 years olds are hardly uncommon. But let's turn the author's words back on HIM:

"What if" ... THE rioters/mob had stayed home and not willfully chosen to violate the law? Oops :rolleyes:

And what if the guard had been called out during 'the mostly peaceful protests?' This likely wouldn't have happened. NOW they have them on standby, encouraging rioting.

Gunny
11-16-2021, 08:12 PM
And what if the guard had been called out during 'the mostly peaceful protests?' This likely wouldn't have happened. NOW they have them on standby, encouraging rioting.You know you're preaching to choir now. I was jumping up and down for troops when the crap first started :)

Kathianne
11-16-2021, 08:15 PM
You know you're preaching to choir now. I was jumping up and down for troops when the crap first started :)
Me too.

Gunny
11-16-2021, 08:20 PM
Me too.Not to sidetrack, but that is one area where I give Trump a fail.

Don't see any Democrats hesitating to use/misuse Federal authority to shove mandates down our throats. They sure have pulled Federal rank at the Border.

But then, doesn't seem to be anyone rioting during this administration, does there. Wonder if the rent-a-rioter crowd gets retainer pay during Dem admins ...

Juicer66
11-17-2021, 06:18 AM
Off course he is exonerated .

That was scripted from day one as I have repeatedly shown you with so much evidence for support .

CIA have been wedded to project Chaos for some time , moving toward a fresh cycle with the Left removed for some time .

The only aim of this False Flag has been to produce more Chaos and then let the Left create their own demise . As they will, when the more putrid parts of the country take to

violence .

If that takes a few more riots , looting and a few more body bags to move the game forward a few more steps , so be it .

jimnyc
11-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Not to sidetrack, but that is one area where I give Trump a fail.

Don't see any Democrats hesitating to use/misuse Federal authority to shove mandates down our throats. They sure have pulled Federal rank at the Border.

But then, doesn't seem to be anyone rioting during this administration, does there. Wonder if the rent-a-rioter crowd gets retainer pay during Dem admins ...

No doubt, failing grade. He wanted to, and threatened to do so, but then gave in to complaints. Both media bullshit, then governors shooting crap down.... but he should never had let them dictate how he would handle things. I would have had them out there after 3 riots, tops.

jimnyc
11-17-2021, 04:33 PM
Off course he is exonerated .

That was scripted from day one as I have repeatedly shown you with so much evidence for support .

You haven't shown jack shit, except fairy tales in your head.

darin
11-17-2021, 04:33 PM
HIGHLY unlikely he's found not-guilty, despite reason and evidence. Our legal system, much like our political one, is fucked and there's only one way to fix it. :(

Juicer66
11-19-2021, 04:12 PM
You haven't shown jack shit, except fairy tales in your head.

100% right yet again .

Totally exonerated as forecast . If it isn't Covid the bio weapon , it is hyperinflation , or use of the flu shot to create more Cancers etc etc etc .

One day you will start to wake up because the rules of the game actually make it child''s play to forecast their next steps .

What's next ?

False Flag built around drone drops of Small Pox on selected cities and blamed on terrorist groups ? Certainly one of the top three being discussed-- clearly flashed by Evil Demon Gates .

The Government have just bought 118 million vaccine doses . Why ? When ? Early new year or an early Xmas present ?

Juicer66
11-19-2021, 04:16 PM
P.S.

Have I got one forecast wrong on any matter ?

Uncanny .

P.P.S. they might need the smallpox deaths to cover up the millions already being crippled / killed by the Covid Killer Shots .

fj1200
11-19-2021, 04:21 PM
... one forecast wrong...

A shorter list would be any forecasts you've gotten correct. You're pretty much zero-for around here.

Juicer66
11-20-2021, 05:14 AM
A shorter list would be any forecasts you've gotten correct. You're pretty much zero-for around here.

The British Empire was largely built by Missionaries -- just see me as another in that great tradition .Moving among another backward bunch .

As for validation -- name me one issue where my stance has been shown to be incorrect .

Do take your time because you will need a lot of it . Normies just cannot see the real world and have become like excess baggage , and now with impure blood ----

which is probably why the Elite have a point when they want to reduce their numbers and update slavery .

Juicer66
11-20-2021, 08:38 AM
HIGHLY unlikely he's found not-guilty, despite reason and evidence. Our legal system, much like our political one, is fucked and there's only one way to fix it. :(

There's another you got 100% wrong .

But most of you could not read the tea leaves so it is hardly surprising and you must not get too down hearted . You can learn from your mistakes , rofl .

There is nothing greater than seeing a Normie reflecting on profound blunders and trying to change .Good luck .

Juicer66
11-20-2021, 08:47 AM
And what if the guard had been called out during 'the mostly peaceful protests?' This likely wouldn't have happened. NOW they have them on standby, encouraging rioting.

There could never be peaceful protests when the likes of CNN or MSNBC are around , fully CIA supported . They both carry full crews of crisis actors to cope with all main

situations . Fake guards , fake guns , fake everything and anything you need to manufacture Fake News .

Just ruins the lives for Normies who get so pissed off with their truth being questioned and manipulated .

fj1200
11-20-2021, 11:23 AM
As for validation -- name me one issue where my stance has been shown to be incorrect .

I'll take your posts as validation of my conclusion considering that they all do, hence the zero-for. Besides British folks asking for validation around here usually ends with fingers in ears.*

*noir excepted. I miss Noir.

jimnyc
11-20-2021, 01:46 PM
100% right yet again .

Totally exonerated as forecast .

[SIZE=5]P.S.

Have I got one forecast wrong on any matter ?

Uncanny .

So did everyone else you 'tard. It was an obvious case that only an activist judge could find guilty, IMO.

But being an idiot and wrong on everything else - and then getting an obvious one correct - makes you as intelligent as a clock.