PDA

View Full Version : Shocker: “War Protesters” Draw Small Crowd

stephanie
10-01-2007, 04:10 AM
September 30th, 2007
What’s this? A grudging admission that the anti-war movement is “apathetic,” sputtering?

And from of all places, the Washington Post:

Antiwar activist Jonathan Wachtel of New York chants during a protest at Constitution and Pennsylvania avenues after yesterday’s rally and march.
War Protest Draws Small Crowd
Participants Cite Public Apathy in Low Turnout for Rally at the Capitol

By Carol D. Leonnig
Sunday, September 30, 2007; A17

Hundreds of demonstrators, including students and families, rallied and marched in downtown Washington yesterday to protest the war in Iraq, complaining that the Democratic-controlled Congress has failed to do the public’s bidding and bring U.S. troops home.

From an elevated stage in front of the Capitol Reflecting Pool, a succession of speakers at the “Stop the War” rally urged Congress to stop funding the conflict and prevent more deaths of soldiers and Iraqi civilians…

The rally, organized by the Troops Out Now Coalition, drew protesters from the Washington area, Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey and elsewhere. Police in the District generally do not publicly estimate the size of protest gatherings. Yesterday’s crowd appeared to number fewer than 1,000…

Several rallygoers acknowledged that the size of the rally illustrated how difficult it is to get people in the United States to become activists, even though a majority of the public opposes the war, according to polls.

“That’s the biggest problem we’ve got in America: apathy,” said former Army Sgt. Adam Kokesh, a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. “And one-third of Americans still think Saddam Hussein had something to do with the attacks on 9/11.” :laugh2:

A group of George Washington University antiwar activists said they are trying to motivate their fellow students, but it’s a struggle.

“Students should be back on the streets, like they were in the movements of the ’60s,” Lara Masri said. “But there’s so much indifference.” …

Indifference? Or maybe most Americans know more about world affairs than these professional America-haters and 19 year-olds.

It certainly can’t be for lack of funding from Mr. Soros and the rest of the America-hating fat cats.

Maybe fifty dollars a day, a box lunch and a free bus trip just don’t draw the “activists” like they used to.

Or maybe the DNC has decided that these demonstrations won’t win them the White House after all.

By the way:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/1463156971_4b57a800e6_o.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/islamic_rage_boy-vi.jpg

Doesn’t Mr. Wachtel remind you of someone?:coffee:
http://sweetness-light.com/

Gaffer
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
They are just upset because at every protest they are outnumbered by the Pro-America crowd. It just shows that the nut cases don't have the following they claim to have.

10-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Did they ever consider that maybe the people arent apathetic. That maybe we just dont like their cause?

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 05:19 PM
You guys are such art critics! :rolleyes:
I can't even draw a stick figure, much less a large crowd.

10-01-2007, 05:39 PM

Dang... you cant even draw a stick figure? it takes like three seconds. You really need to practice alittle man.

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 05:56 PM

I have no doubt about that. :D

Yurt
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM

-o
-|-
/ \

:coffee:

stephanie
10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
-o
-|-
/ \

:coffee:

impressive..:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I guess eventually, even professional protesters have to go get a real job. :laugh2: