PDA

View Full Version : Let's get our first debate going!

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Lots of interesting topics thrown out there, so there should be some interesting debates in the future.

How about we start with - Justification for War in Iraq

One believes it was justified and can back it up. One believes it was unjust and can back it up.

First 2 volunteers, one from each side, will be our first to debate! Once decided I will start a thread in the debate section and ask our first respondent a question to kick things off.

Who thinks they have what it takes?

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I will volunteer to take the position that the Iraq war of 2003 was unjustified.

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I will volunteer to take the position that the Iraq war of 2003 was unjustified.

Excellent. Thanks, Typo. As soon as someone volunteers to oppose you I will start a thread in the debate forum to begin things.

jimnyc
10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Nobody wants to step up to the plate and debate with Typo on this subject?

Sir Evil
10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Nobody wants to step up to the plate and debate with Typo on this subject?

I missed this, I'll take that challenge!

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I missed this, I'll take that challenge!

Then let me be the first to thank you, sir! (You realize, of course, that I am now cast in the role of the good guy?)

Regardless, good luck to you.

Sir Evil
10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Then let me be the first to thank you, sir! (You realize, of course, that I am now cast in the role of the good guy?)

Regardless, good luck to you.

Everyone is a good guy.. well except.:D

I'll leave it to pure debate, and no silly stuff. Oh, like my sig? :D

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Everyone is a good guy.. well except.:D

I'll leave it to pure debate, and no silly stuff. Oh, like my sig? :D

If you'd hoped your sig would bug me, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Had Kerry chosen to shave his head completely throughout his campaign, I still would have voted for him. :)

Sir Evil
10-02-2007, 05:57 PM
If you'd hoped your sig would bug me, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Had Kerry chosen to shave his head completely throughout his campaign, I still would have voted for him. :)

:laugh2:

Me too, at least then I would of known that he was at least true to himself. :D

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
:laugh2:

Me too, at least then I would of known that he was at least true to himself. :D

Considering that the president of Senegal shaves his head, there's no reason the POTUS can't. :D