View Full Version : House Resolution Supporting Limbaugh

KarlMarx
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
HOUSE RESOLUTION SUPPORTING LIMBAUGH
Mon Oct 01 2007 15:16:57 ET

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OCTOBER 1, 2007

Mr. KINGSTON submitted the following resolution

RESOLUTION

Commending Rush Hudson Limbaugh III for his ongoing public support of American troops serving both here and abroad. Recognizing Mr. Limbaugh for his relentless efforts to build and maintain troop morale through worldwide radio broadcasts and personal visits to conflict regions.

Whereas the need to show support for American troops serving and fighting both here and abroad during a time of global conflict has never been greater, with the need to communicate an uplifting message of encouragement to American soldiers eternally important, in addition to the morale-boosting value of personal visits to region by highly-regarded individuals;

Whereas daily radio broadcasts reaching tens of millions of civilians and soldiers both in America and abroad by way of the Armed Forces Radio Network are conducted five days a week by Rush Hudson Limbaugh III;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh has consistently used his broadcast time to praise American troops and support them during their ongoing efforts to secure peace in a troubled world;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh made a week-long visit to meet with troops based in Afghanistan in 2004;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh has raised and donated millions of dollars to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides college scholarships to the children of Marines and veterans of other branches killed in action;

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh’s website features an “Adopt a Soldier” program which provides them with free subscription access to his online program features;

Whereas during the original invasion in 2003, pilots of five different aircraft flew an American flag in Mr. Limbaugh’s honor during their bombing and refueling runs; and

Whereas Mr. Limbaugh’s commitment to American troops serving both here and abroad remains as strong as ever: Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) recognizes Rush Hudson Limbaugh III for his support of the Marine Corp Law Enforcement Foundation and for providing free subscriptions for active-duty servicemembers;

(2) recognizes Mr Limbaugh’s desire to see American troops achieve a successful outcome in Iraq, Afghanistan and wherever soldiers are stationed; and

(3) commends Mr. Limbaugh’s tireless public support for American troops and their families through radio broadcasts, fundraising and other public support.

END

OCA
10-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Mr. Limbaugh is a true American patriot unlike the "phoney patriots" on the left.

KarlMarx
10-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Mr. Limbaugh is a true American patriot unlike the "phoney patriots" on the left.
I heard a new term... "hate-riots"... phony patriots who claim they love the country but actually hate it.

OCA
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I heard a new term... "hate-riots"... phony patriots who claim they love the country but actually hate it.

Haven't heard that term but I certainly know of many here and in real life who fit that term.

I call Mr. Limbaugh a patriot because he puts his money and time where his money is, haven't seen Arianna Huffington travel to Afghanistan ever.

stephanie
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I was just reading this...Oh man...Dingy Harry...bought and paid for by Moveon and Media Matters..:coffee:

Monday, October 01, 2007

Dem Rush to Idiocy [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

Harry Reid's not dropping it. (Will he condemn ABC next for reporting on actual phony soldiers??)
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=3645227

For Immediate Release
Date: Monday, October 1, 2007

REID CALLS ON SENATORS TO JOIN IN CONDEMNING LIMBAUGH’S ATTACK ON OUR TROOPS

Read the rest at...
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjY2ZGUzNWQ4MTY4NzYzMTgwZTQzM2Y3M2MzOTc1NmE=

JohnDoe
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
so let me get this straight, phoney soldiers are soldiers on the left and have served time in Iraq, that don't support the war?

ya limbaughs!!!!!!! all of you!!!!!!!!!!

gees, I can't BELIEVE you are not sticking up for the soldiers on this....?

interesting, to say the least, and TELLING too....

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 03:45 PM
so let me get this straight, phoney soldiers are soldiers on the left and have served time in Iraq, that don't support the war?

And telling that you are too DUMB to comprehend what Rush said! :laugh2: :laugh2:

stephanie
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Umk...:rolleyes:

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, kids, you too can become a "true American patriot" just by becoming a vicodin addict!

stephanie
10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
:lol:That's all ya got?:laugh2:

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 03:53 PM
:lol:That's all ya got?:laugh2:

That's all the dittoheads are capable of grasping. :slap:

hjmick
10-01-2007, 04:15 PM
My reaction to this is much the same as it was to the condemnation of the MoveOn ad, isn't there much more pressing business to which these people could and should be tending?

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, kids, you too can become a "true American patriot" just by becoming a vicodin addict!

:laugh2:

Coming from someone who uses a guy with a bad rug on his head in his signature line... Now there you have a real patriot..

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 04:18 PM
:laugh2:

Coming from someone who uses a guy with a bad rug on his head in his signature line... Now there you have a real patriot..

So a draft-dodging deserter with real hair is somehow better? ;)

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM

I say pull the rug off Kerry's head and replace it with a band aid, then we can give him another purple heart! :laugh2:

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Yes, looks much more natural, and better on tv.

Sitarro
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM

What does Bubba Boy Clinton the man child have to do with this thread? Why do you Dems always bring that asswhipe up?:laugh2:

KarlMarx
10-01-2007, 04:31 PM

I listened to the broadcast where the "phoney soldiers" line was pulled from.

Rush Limbaugh was referring to a fellow who claimed to be a former Army Ranger who served in Iraq and described atrocities there.

It turns out the fellow never served in the Army Rangers, was never in Iraq and was drummed out of the Army after about 40 days in boot camp.

THAT is the phoney soldier he was referring to.

stephanie
10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
My reaction to this is much the same as it was to the condemnation of the MoveOn ad, isn't there much more pressing business to which these people could and should be tending?

I agree to some degree..

But..the left is getting very out of hand with the Smears and they need to be stopped and exposed..

Dingy Harry today...is attacking a PRIVATE CITIZEN who has a radio show..Rush Limbaugh..Why is that??

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I listened to the broadcast where the "phoney soldiers" line was pulled from.

Rush Limbaugh was referring to a fellow who claimed to be a former Army Ranger who served in Iraq and described atrocities there.

It turns out the fellow never served in the Army Rangers, was never in Iraq and was drummed out of the Army after about 40 days in boot camp.

THAT is the phoney soldier he was referring to.

She's just gonna come back with "phony soliders" and put the S in black to imply he meant all the soldiers who disagree with the war. Anyone with 1/8 of their brain still operating knew what he was discussing but some must take every opportunity to make something of nothing!

Also kind of funny that many on the left condemn Rush for stating this, but I don't see them condemning Jesse MacBeth for his lies. You know, the lies that the left shouted to the heavens with before they became known as lies. LOL

10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I must say that this is a fascinating lesson in human psychology for me. Its amazing how passionate some people are to wrongfully attack Rush on this matter. I mean the transcripts are available for anyone who wants to go to the source.

But going to the source will reveal the truth and people dont want the truth. They just want to attack Limbaugh. You would think if Rush was so wrong there would be plenty of things to attack him on legitimately that you wouldnt have to waste time attacking him on phoney things.

KarlMarx
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Wait a minute....

Where was all the outrage when General Petraeus was attacked as "General Betray-us" by moveon.org? He was accused of being "bought and paid for" by the Bush White House. Gen Petraeus is not only a real soldier, but a highly decorated combat veteran! In addition, many of the people expressing outrage over Rush Limbaugh's remark are the very ones who insulted General Petraeus!

red states rule
10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
ABC reported this story 2 days befoe Rush

ABC Reported on ‘Phony Heroes' Two Days Before Rush Limbaugh Did
By Noel Sheppard | September 30, 2007 - 20:54 ET

This is really hysterical, folks, and definitely requires all drinking vessels be properly stowed before continuing.

Just days before Rush Limbaugh was attacked by a number of press outlets for discussing "phony soldiers" on the air, ABC's Brian Ross did a segment on "World News with Charles Gibson" dealing with "phony heroes...scam artists...posing as the war heroes they never were, claiming credit for acts of courage in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Marvelously, this story was aired on Monday, September 24, just two days before Limbaugh made his comments. And, as noted in a NewsBusters posting by the MRC's Brent Baker, the report even mentioned the same "phony soldier," Jesse Macbeth (pictured to the right), that Limbaugh did on his program Wednesday.

Will media attack ABC with the same zeal they did Limbaugh? Maybe even more important, will House Democrats offer a resolution to condemn Ross, Gibson, and everyone involved in ABC's report?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/09/30/abc-reported-phony-heroes-three-days-rush-limbaugh-did

Gaffer
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Phony soldiers are those that never served and claim they did, or those that served and try to make it appear they did something they didn't.

One of the first most telling points about a phony is they were either special forces, rangers or seals. For some reason being a regular grunt is below them.

red states rule
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Phony soldiers are those that never served and claim they did, or those that served and try to make it appear they did something they didn't.

One of the first most telling points about a phony is they were either special forces, rangers or seals. For some reason being a regular grunt is below them.

Where was the Dem outrage over Sen Durbin comparing the troops to Pol Pot and Nazi's?

Or Sen Kerry calling them terrorists and uneducated?

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
What does Bubba Boy Clinton the man child have to do with this thread? Why do you Dems always bring that asswhipe up?:laugh2:

I don't know how you manage to keep confusing Bubba Boy Clinton with Bubba Boy George. They don't look anything alike... :eek:

10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't know how you manage to keep confusing Bubba Boy Clinton with Bubba Boy George. They don't look anything alike... :eek:

yeah. but you guys keep describing Bubba Boy Clinton

April15
10-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Well now that I have seen the items under discussion it seems that the soldier was phony. So what is all the hub bub bub? He is a phony soldier.

stephanie
10-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Well now that I have seen the items under discussion it seems that the soldier was phony. So what is all the hub bub bub? He is a phony soldier.

Go tell that to... Harry Reid...he's friggen losing it...
I wish Rush could sue him...:cheers2:

April15
10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Go tell that to... Harry Reid...he's friggen losing it...
I wish Rush could sue him...:cheers2:
I can send him an email but I can't force him to read it.

stephanie
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I can send him an email but I can't force him to read it.

I know a lot of people have been calling his office, you could try that..
And tell him for me.......I think he's a blooming idiot....:coffee:

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah. but you guys keep describing Bubba Boy Clinton

We assume you'll eventually figure out who we mean. Sorry if we gave you guys too much credit. :dunno:

stephanie
10-01-2007, 06:13 PM
We assume you'll eventually figure out who we mean. Sorry if we gave you guys too much credit. :dunno:

Pffeeeesh..:slap:

chesswarsnow
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But here's *The Great CWN's* take on this story.
2. I think Dingleberry Reid, should step down.
3. And be put on trial for treason.
4. How long do we have to suffer this rip off artist.
5. They got enough dirt already on the creep.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sitarro
10-01-2007, 07:28 PM

You are the one that mentioned a draft dodger with hair...... that would be Bubba Boy Clinton.

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
You are the one that mentioned a draft dodger with hair...... that would be Bubba Boy Clinton.

Not showing up for your National Guard duty is the same as draft dodging to most people. Even if he WAS drunk off his ass.

red states rule
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Not showing up for your National Guard duty is the same as draft dodging to most people. Even if he WAS drunk off his ass.

Yea, Dan Blather tried to push that story - and it blew up in his face

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Yea, Dan Blather tried to push that story - and it blew up in his face

But not because it wasn't true!* :)

* Not that it would make any difference to you, but the reason it blew up in his face was sloppy reporting. And yeah, he had that coming.

red states rule
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
But not because it wasn't true!* :)

* Not that it would make any difference to you, but the reason it blew up in his face was sloppy reporting. And yeah, he had that coming.

So using fake documents makes the story true?

My, Bush Derangement Syndrome is infecting more and more people everyday

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 07:58 PM

My, Bush Derangement Syndrome is infecting more and more people everyday

Are you sure there's no cancer in your brain? :laugh2:

red states rule
10-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Very sure

I have a brain, which is more then one can say about the Bush haters

April15
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM

My, Bush Derangement Syndrome is infecting more and more people everydayThe lady that typed the original letter has said the reproduction is accurate. It may not be word for word but the meaning is there.

Kathianne
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
The lady that typed the original letter has said the reproduction is accurate. It may not be word for word but the meaning is there.

What do you mean by this? That you believe her? Regardless of obvious falsehoods to authenticity?

chesswarsnow
10-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But pawning off fake documents as real, no matter if they were pretty close to the original still makes them faked. *Dan Rather Fake*
2. What kind of pure madness are the left trying to drum up?
3. Democrats have totally lost all respect, and have lowered themselves into so many fake stories, that nobody with half a brain should ever be able to take what they say as true,*ANYMORE*.:poke:
4. From this day forth, I will always consider anything that comes from a Democrat, or the Neoliberal Media, which is just a front man for the Democrats, as a bold face lie.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

hjmick
10-01-2007, 09:28 PM

Well, that was rather cold and callous.

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, that was rather cold and callous.

The guy used his own health announcement thread to make unnecessary political swipes. I don't believe my remark was disproportionate.

stephanie
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
The guy used his own health announcement thread to make unnecessary political swipes. I don't believe my remark was disproportionate.

I agree with hjmick...I'm sure you have more class...No?:poke:

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I agree with hjmick...I'm sure you have more class...No?:poke:

Only when the situation demands it. :D

red states rule
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But pawning off fake documents as real, no matter if they were pretty close to the original still makes them faked. *Dan Rather Fake*
2. What kind of pure madness are the left trying to drum up?
3. Democrats have totally lost all respect, and have lowered themselves into so many fake stories, that nobody with half a brain should ever be able to take what they say as true,*ANYMORE*.:poke:
4. From this day forth, I will always consider anything that comes from a Democrat, or the Neoliberal Media, which is just a front man for the Democrats, as a bold face lie.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Since when have liberals ever used facts to back up their rants?

typomaniac
10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Since when have liberals ever used facts to back up their rants?

Who "backs up" a rant? :confused: That's an oxymoron.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Who "backs up" a rant? :confused: That's an oxymoron.

It sums up liberals. They rant and rave fake facts and the liberal media runs with it

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 03:35 PM
I agree with you, ariana is a loud mouth bitch. I cant imagine why any many would wanna marry her?

Haven't heard that term but I certainly know of many here and in real life who fit that term.

I call Mr. Limbaugh a patriot because he puts his money and time where his money is, haven't seen Arianna Huffington travel to Afghanistan ever.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I agree with you, ariana is a loud mouth bitch. I cant imagine why any many would wanna marry her?

Sure not for her looks - maybe her money. Oh, John Kerry has his ATM machine

typomaniac
10-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Very sure

I have a brain, which is more then one can say about the Bush haters

Well, according to you the doctor said you had colon cancer. Might be easy to get the two confused.

Considering how far you've got your head shoved up your ass. :poke:

red states rule
10-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, according to you the doctor said you had colon cancer. Might be easy to get the two confused.

Considering how far you've got your head shoved up your ass. :poke:

Ah, the Merchant of Venom bellows once again