PDA

View Full Version : The mindlessly obedient give "teeth" to oppressors ... Communist, Muslim or other

tailfins
11-29-2021, 10:26 AM
I have over the past decade or so taken an interest in what makes repressive regimes "tick". Having taken visited Cuba and Nicaragua, one common thread keeps reappearing: The enforcers of repression are the mindlessly obedient. It takes awhile to figure this out. When one talks to such enforcers, they are the most agreeable people you would ever want to meet. Upon closer inspection, it becomes noticeable that their ability to think critically has been conditioned out of them. I have wondered why the typical Muslim here in the USA is so agreeable. US bosses, particularly the micromanaging type, just LOVE Hundu and Muslim subordinates. They will cheerfully work on Saturday and as an added bonus never question the boss.

Reality, however is far less forgiving. When a system crashes, all the bootlicking in the world won't fix it. That's when they call someone like me in as a consultant. Of course they only tolerate an independent thinker just long enough to get the system working again. That's why it's important not to be talked out of charging a high hourly rate.

Here's the problem with "moderate" Muslims: Bootlickers don't push back against anything.