PDA

View Full Version : Where are the left-leaning DP staff members?

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Just...um...wondering...

:salute:

retiredman
10-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Just...um...wondering...

like asking where are the penises on Playboy fold outs

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 10:08 PM
like asking where are the penises on Playboy fold outs

We all know yours is likely to be all over that centerfold, oh I forgot that you prefer "boy butter"

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Just...um...wondering...

We have intelligent moderators here, sorry!

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Since I see no moderator action necessary anywhere, nor any having been taken that need correction, I'm unsure as to why you would even ask this question.

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Hm, moderators. They moderate. Suggestive of moderate viewpoints. :poke:

retiredman
10-01-2007, 10:11 PM

such disrespect for the liberal point of view by the owner of the board pretty much proves the point made by the opening question, does it not?

OCA
10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
such disrespect for the liberal point of view by the owner of the board pretty much proves the point made by the opening question, does it not?

Why would stating an obvious truth be disrespectful?

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Stupid questions get stupid answer, life is like a box of choclates huh?

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Staff's viewpoints have zero to do with moderating duties and decisions.

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 10:14 PM

STFU, maggot man, we disrespect garbage like yourself Period!!

retiredman
Since I see no moderator action necessary anywhere, nor any having been taken that need correction, I'm unsure as to why you would even ask this question.

bullshit.

dmp follows me around negatively repping me incessantly, and then, when I send him a PM questioning his behavior, he arbitrarily bans me for 48 hours for "harassing" him via PM.

Get a clue.

typomaniac

Okay, here's a hypothetical situation.

Suppose Member A has a problem with something Moderator B has just done. The proper thing would be to notify another moderator, correct?

Now, if Member A is a believer in the left and Moderator B believes in the far right, isn't Member A more likely to be treated fairly if left-leaning Moderator C is asked to become involved? Only left-leaning moderators don't exist here. Hmm...what to do?
:confused:

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:15 PM

I don't show respect to someone who throws another's CANCER in their face during a debate.

And my viewpoints, and how I feel about liberals has NOTHING to do with my moderating abilities, which has been proven time and time again.

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
bullshit.

dmp follows me around negatively repping me incessantly, and then, when I send him a PM questioning his behavior, he arbitrarily bans me for 48 hours for "harassing" him via PM.

Get a clue.

I read said PM. You DO NOT send a PM to a staff member and call them the "C" word simply because you're angry.

And please don't ask me to "get a clue" and rile me up again after you just asked me to back off of you. I backed off, now you want to start in on me about how the board is ran. You can't win a debate so now you'll resort to making up claims about the board and staff?

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 10:17 PM
bullshit.

Get a clue.

nobody likes to deal with ignorance, best to try, and steer it away. There is nothing arbitrary about banning you, you don't have the proper integrity for a good debate forum, you are beneath the normal man.

Abbey Marie
10-01-2007, 10:18 PM

Actually, two different things. A moderator is one who presides over a group, one who arbitrates or mediates. A "moderate" is one who does not hold extreme views. If the word "moderate" is used as a verb, then it too refers to presiding over or arbitrating. In no case does the word moderator refer to someones particular political or religious viewpoints.

retiredman
I don't show respect to someone who throws another's CANCER in their face during a debate.

And my viewpoints, and how I feel about liberals has NOTHING to do with my moderating abilities, which has been proven time and time again.

walk the walk.

ban dmp for 48 hours

jimnyc

Suppose Member A has a problem with something Moderator B has just done. The proper thing would be to notify another moderator, correct?

Now, if Member A is a believer in the left and Moderator B believes in the far right, isn't Member A more likely to be treated fairly if left-leaning Moderator C is asked to become involved? Only left-leaning moderators don't exist here. Hmm...what to do?

Considering your partner in this very thread, MFM, contacted me about an issue with dmp just last week, and I turned over dmp's decision - looks like your theory just got blown out of the water!

Sir Evil
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I read said PM. You DO NOT send a PM to a staff member and call them the "C" word simply because you're angry.

And please don't ask me to "get a clue" and rile me up again after you just asked me to back off of you. I backed off, now you want to start in on me about how the board is ran. You can't win a debate so now you'll resort to making up claims about the board and staff?

:laugh2::laugh2:

The infamous "C" word, amazing! typical to for him to go to pm, and ask for a truce of some sort where he is safe from the board view..

lol, I just told you this shit near word for word Jim, this guy is the goo beneath the trash.

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Actually, two different things. A moderator is one who presides over a group, one who arbitrates or mediates. A "moderate" is one who does not hold extreme views. If the word "moderate" is used as a verb, then it too refers to presiding over arbitrating. In no case does the word moderator refer to someones particular political or religious viewpoints.
Whether you intend to be or not, you're implying that people with extreme views can still do a credible job of arbitrating or mediating. I'm not at all so sure of that. Neither are most people, I would guess.

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:21 PM
walk the walk.

ban dmp for 48 hours

dmp has my full support, and the only one that was deserving of a ban was you for your disgusting comments to him in PM.

Abbey Marie
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Whether you intend to be or not, you're implying that people with extreme views can still do a credible job of arbitrating or mediating. I'm not at all so sure of that. Neither are most people, I would guess.

No, quite the opposite. I'm stating that one is not related to the other, though you are trying to make it so. As I've said, the act of moderating, and the state of being a moderate, are two different things.

retiredman
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
dmp has my full support, and the only one that was deserving of a ban was you for your disgusting comments to him in PM.

why am I not surprised by that sentiment?

use your super powers to go review the legitimacy of the negative reps he has given me and tell me that they are not arbitrary and capricious

and then explain why, for some reason, I am unable to neg rep him back....

and THEN tell me that liberals get an equal shake here.

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Considering your partner in this very thread, MFM, contacted me about an issue with dmp just last week, and I turned over dmp's decision - looks like your theory just got blown out of the water!

I'll ignore for the moment the fact that I have only your word for this example. Much more important is whether the other staff members would be capable of overturning a similar decision. AND whether you would trust them to. (You can't be everywhere.)

typomaniac
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
No, quite the opposite. I'm stating that one is not related to the other, though you are trying to make it so. As I've said, the act of moderating, and the state of being a moderate, are two different things.

Different, sure. But please don't tell me that you think they're totally unrelated.

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll ignore for the moment the fact that I have only your word for this example. Much more important is whether the other staff members would be capable of overturning a similar decision. AND whether you would trust them to. (You can't be everywhere.)

Well, MFM can admit to it if he so chooses to, or any other staff member that read my comments in our privileged forum.

PostmodernProphet
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM

seems like a simple problem with a simple solution....you take Member A who is a believer in the left and hold him up to a well deserved public ridicule, then point out that he ought not to have had a falling out with his betters and not to do it again....

see, problem solved....

Sir Evil
and THEN tell me that liberals get an equal shake here.

maggots & liberals are entirely two different things, you are not a liberal.

Anyone can see by the condescending attitude you responded to DMP with, a board administrator, and you are asking about things being equal? lol, you ignoramus.. You are too stupid to even be worthy of replies but somehow egging you into another meltdown is always fun.

retiredman

in that one instance, he did indeed overturn dmp....I will gladly stipulate.

Abbey Marie
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Different, sure. But please don't tell me that you think they're totally unrelated.

They are unrelated insofar as you claimed that by virtue of the word moderator, we should be moderate. If you want to argue that it's good for moderators to be moderate, that's fine.

jimnyc
10-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Thread is done and went on longer than I normally allow. I don't allow our moderator decisions and board decisions to be publicly discussed but I thought a few minutes couldn't hurt.

This bias thing has been around for so long and has NEVER held water. Pale Rider and OCA got reprimanded. Staff removals. PLENTY of decisions overturned after staff discussion - and countless liberals still here even though plenty beg to have them banned.

I no longer care what the perception is. I know damn well that I am an antagonistic prick. But I also know damn well that when it comes to fairness of the board and it's decisions, I've been nothing short of fair with everyone. I've been ridden so many times over the years for unbanning members, overturning bans almost instantly, allowing members back into threads they were locked out of & including the entire board, including members from the left, to have a say in the future of the board when I open such threads.

The very fact that you are all here bitching on the board only furthers what I am saying.

Thanks, and sorry to close the thread on ya'll, but no good will ultimately come from allowing it to continue.

Have a good night everyone.