PDA

View Full Version : 48yr old Mom steals 22yr old daughters identity

jimnyc
12-09-2021, 02:56 PM
This psycho did this to her own daughter. And somehow fooled younger guys into dating her? Did they look at her? Or worse, get under the blanket with her? Maybe suspected and didn't care?

She fooled many though. Another deserving of the time she gets.

---

Mom, 48, stole daughter’s identity to start college, date young guys

https://i.imgur.com/TIhxt9K.png

A Missouri mama is facing jail time after she admitted to stealing her estranged daughter’s identity in order to secure student loans, enroll in college — and pursue her sexy co-ed fantasies.

Laura Oglesby, 48, posed as her daughter, Lauren Hays, for more than two years in an elaborate scam that fooled both the federal government and locals in the small town of Mountain View.

In 2016, Oglesby applied for a Social Security card in Hays’ name, which she promptly received in the mail.

From that point on, Oglesby — who originally hailed from Arkansas and was then age 43 — assumed her daughter’s identity, saying her name was Lauren Hays and that she was only 22 years old.

The fraudster even started seducing unsuspecting men in their early 20s, who had no idea that Oglesby was almost two decades older than she said she was.

“Everyone believed it. She even had boyfriends that believed that she was that age: 22 years old,” Chief Jamie Perkins of the Mountain View Police Department told the New York Times.

Disturbing photos obtained by Missouri news station KY3 appear to show Oglesby even had her own Snapchat account where she pretended to be Hays and posed with an array of youthful filters over her face.

“She had completely adopted a younger lifestyle: clothing, makeup and personality. She had completely assumed becoming a younger person in her early 20s,” Detective Stetson Schwien, told the local ABC outlet.

Oglesby moved in with local couple Avery and Wendy Parker, a pair of apparently kind strangers in Mountain View who believed she was a young woman running away from a domestic violence situation.

The manipulative mom told them her name was “Lauren Hays” and she went on to live with the Parkers for close to two years.

During that time, Oglesby applied for a Missouri driver’s license in her daughter’s name before enrolling in Southwest Baptist University.

She applied for financial aid and received $9,400 in federal student loans, $5,920 in Pell Grants, and $1,863 in finance charges.

Oglesby even worked at the local Mountain View library, where locals knew her as Lauren Hays.

However, after more than two years, the elaborate scam came crashing down in August 2018. Police in Mountain View were contacted by authorities in Arkansas who believed Oglesby had committed financial fraud by using the name of her daughter.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/mom-48-stole-daughters-identity-to-date-younger-guys/

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 03:42 AM
I see no problem, no fraud really. Did she fail to repay those loans? If not, I see no fraud.

fj1200
12-10-2021, 07:52 AM
^You might want to look up the definition of fraud.

tailfins
12-10-2021, 09:19 AM
I see no problem, no fraud really. Did she fail to repay those loans? If not, I see no fraud.

If she had only not done the financial transactions, should would have only been guilty of advanced catfishing. Without the financial transactions, she could have just kept a journal and called it sociological research. Why didn't she just play her game with her own money?

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 12:39 PM

So stealing someone's identity to defraud the government and get loans in someone else's name? Fail to repay or not the crime was already committed.

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 12:42 PM

Merely assuming someone's identity isn't fraud, the fraud would be in obtaining goods and services illegally, the illegality would only occur if those goods and services weren't paid for or repaid. And given the information in the article (unless I missed something), there's actually been no fraud committed.

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 12:45 PM
So stealing someone's identity to defraud the government and get loans in someone else's name? Fail to repay or not the crime was already committed.
That's just it, did she actually defraud the government? If she was making payments on the things she's alleged to have stolen, than it might be argued that no fraud actually occurred.

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Merely assuming someone's identity isn't fraud, the fraud would be in obtaining goods and services illegally, the illegality would only occur if those goods and services weren't paid for or repaid. And given the information in the article (unless I missed something), there's actually been no fraud committed.

Not remotely true.

The moment she submitted her daughters documentation as her own, she already committed fraud.

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Not remotely true.

The moment she submitted her daughters documentation as her own, she already committed fraud.
It could be argued in court successfully otherwise depending on the facts in the matter. I'm not going to stay here arguing that point, it's simply something of which I'm familiar, but I've more important items to attend to, thanks for understanding.

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 01:42 PM
It could be argued in court successfully otherwise depending on the facts in the matter. I'm not going to stay here arguing that point, it's simply something of which I'm familiar, but I've more important items to attend to, thanks for understanding.

In fact, the moment she took her daughter's SS card she also committed theft. The fraud is 100% lock. She used the fraudulent ID and signed her false name. More or less open shut case IMO.

fj1200
12-10-2021, 05:30 PM
... (unless I missed something), ...

You did.

$5,920 in Pell Grants,

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 06:39 PM

You did.

I believe that he is implying that if the loans were repaid, that there is no fraud. Not correct obviously.

fj1200
12-10-2021, 08:23 PM
I believe that he is implying that if the loans were repaid, that there is no fraud. Not correct obviously.

Yessir, I believe that as well but Pell grants are not repaid and a subsidized loan would have the tax payer picking up the tab for interest on student loans.

Identity theft isn't fraud but all the vaxxed people are going to be wiped out with a neutron bomb if they don't die fast enough. Hopefully the neutron bomb gets all the ID theft people too. Life will be interesting until the inevitable ban hammer is wielded. :laugh:

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 10:17 PM
How did those college guys not know they were banging a 48 year-old MILF? Every 48 year-old MILF I ever banged had gray pubes. Oh well, I reckon she could just say that she was nervous about an upcoming exam and got gray pubes.

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 10:24 PM
How did those college guys not know they were banging a 48 year-old MILF? Every 48 year-old MILF I ever banged had gray pubes. Oh well, I reckon she could just say that she was nervous about an upcoming exam and got gray pubes.

That's what I said, sort of.

She does look a tad younger in a few pictures but not 22-23r old younger, not nearly.

tailfins
12-10-2021, 10:26 PM

Maybe she's not gray down there because she uses Nice and Easy.

jimnyc
12-10-2021, 10:28 PM
Please lets not veer off in that direction, there are ladies here posting with us.

Hot Dogger
12-10-2021, 10:51 PM
Please lets not veer off in that direction, there are ladies here posting with us.

I apologize, I didn't mean to be a misogynist, sorry to all the ladies here.

Juicer66
12-11-2021, 06:01 AM

And for balance you may want to consider whether people so Stupid and Gullible need anything but a very hard lesson to learn something useful .

Juicer66
12-11-2021, 06:21 AM
Note to Kathianne :

Why not use all of your vocabulary --- Grr , Biff , Bash and Ouch . In addition to your only recorded brain in action response of , Piss Off .

You surely do not want to be labelled the most limited member here . There are only a few more voting days remaining for this year and your present lead is enormous .

fj1200
12-11-2021, 08:41 AM
for balance ... learn something useful .

You stumbled into something useful around here. Sometimes I think what I post just doesn't sound quite right and then you post the opposite of what I was thinking so it confirms that I'm on the right track. Doubly so you being on the opposite side of Kathianne.

From the bottom of my heart; Thank you.

tailfins
12-11-2021, 09:15 AM

I once had a team lead that couldn't grasp the concept of "bad words" He said that words, like variables, are just placeholders for ideas. I reckon that's the kind of person that you want sitting in an unoccupied area of the floor, heads down, writing code.

Gunny
12-11-2021, 09:51 AM
Note to Kathianne :

Why not use all of your vocabulary --- Grr , Biff , Bash and Ouch . In addition to your only recorded brain in action response of , Piss Off .

You surely do not want to be labelled the most limited member here . There are only a few more voting days remaining for this year and your present lead is enormous .13753

:)

Juicer66
12-11-2021, 11:05 AM
You stumbled into something useful around here. Sometimes I think what I post just doesn't sound quite right and then you post the opposite of what I was thinking so it confirms that I'm on the right track. Doubly so you being on the opposite side of Kathianne.

From the bottom of my heart; Thank you.

Great to hear that I am stirring your brain cells .

I could not care a toss what you actually think or conclude ,providing that you are starting to use God's Gifts and making valiant attempts to find meaning and use good sense.

Give it some practise and I will lead you to even more refreshing pastures . Keep up the good work .

Hot Dogger
12-11-2021, 11:29 AM
I once had a team lead that couldn't grasp the concept of "bad words" He said that words, like variables, are just placeholders for ideas. I reckon that's the kind of person that you want sitting in an unoccupied area of the floor, heads down, writing code.
That's some creed there, that coder's. I too often sit unoccupied with my head down. Now all I need to do is learn to write code.

Juicer66
12-11-2021, 12:00 PM

Ignore that rubbish . Nothing to apologise for .

Talking about something which we all have hardly constitutes an offence and it is debatable if it is even in poor taste ( !! ) .

jimnyc
12-11-2021, 12:19 PM

Talking about something which we all have hardly constitutes an offence and it is debatable if it is even in poor taste ( !! ) .

That's because you have zero class and are a bit of a child.

And yeah, you yourself go ahead and write things that may be offensive to the women here in particular, and watch what happens.

tailfins
12-11-2021, 12:28 PM

What you're describing is the first step to "wokeness". These kinds of filters limit the free flow of ideas PLUS such filters require thought and energy which means less focused thought. In other words, such expectations are a distraction. FWIW: I have found it necessary to "corporatize" my posts. Such filters makes the culture WAYYYY more boring. Study some of the concepts of power and leverage to get a deeper understanding of the dynamic. The ability to express oneself online in Cuba or China isn't markedly worse than much of the rest of the online world. That's the cold hard truth.

Irrespective of conversation to the contrary, "safe for work" is mandatory. I'm telling you that as someone going on a DECADE on this board. Any other advice is at best "happy talk" and should be considered faulty. "Be yourself" isn't an option.

fj1200
12-11-2021, 02:45 PM
... stirring your brain cells .

Not sure I'd go that far. They're already stirred but I guess it is helpful practice in identifying fairly quickly what I know to be wrong.

Gunny
12-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Not sure I'd go that far. They're already stirred but I guess it is helpful practice in identifying fairly quickly what I know to be wrong.She cannot respond in this thread. You CAN however find ample opportunity to address her remarks in the first 3 threads in the Steel Cage.

Didn't mean to spoil your fun :)