PDA

View Full Version : Julian Assange to be extradited it appears

jimnyc
12-11-2021, 10:10 AM
Took quite some time but looks like Assange is on the cusp of coming here to face the music.

Obviously they spent a lot of time and money on this, so I doubt he will end up with probation over this.

---

UK High Court Approves US Government’s Legal Bid to Extradite WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange

The US government has won its High Court bid to extradite Julian Assange.

On Friday, a court in the United Kingdom ruled that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange can be sent to the United States to face trial.

Last year, a US grand jury indicted Assange on 18 charges, 17 of which fall under the Espionage Act.

Assange, the infamous whistleblower who founded WikiLeaks, is wanted in America over an alleged conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defense information following the outlet’s public disclosure of hundreds of thousands of leaked documents relating to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, including Hillary’s notorious emails.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/just-uk-high-court-approves-us-governments-legal-bid-extradite-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange/

Hot Dogger
12-11-2021, 11:20 AM
In today's legal and political climate, 'The Pentagon Papers' would've never been published, Daniel Ellsberg along with Woodward and Bernstein, they'd all still be in prison, while the Vietnam War would still rage. For all intents and purposes, Julian Assange may very well be a hero.

Juicer66
12-11-2021, 12:09 PM
In today's legal and political climate, 'The Pentagon Papers' would've never been published, Daniel Ellsberg along with Woodward and Bernstein, they'd all still be in prison, while the Vietnam War would still rage. For all intents and purposes, Julian Assange may very well be a hero.

A horrific case .

And he is a hero -- and regardless what happens next he will be admired and respected for a long, long time by all decent and well informed people .

If he did nothing else he brought about the downfall of the Evil Hitlery and we still might see her face punishment --- though some very well informed people are convinced she

was executed months ago .

But by the same token others believe Assange was poisoned and died in London via Pamela Andersen . No doubt far fetched but that will make it interesting if he ever does travel

to the US and is seen publicly and by honest , independent parties .

revelarts
12-11-2021, 12:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FGRPgGVWYAAyP_e?format=jpg&name=small

The U.S. and its allies don’t care about press freedom beyond the extent it can be used to conduct propaganda, writes Caitlin Johnstone after the High Court’s ruling against Julian Assange.

The U.S. government has won its appeal against a lower British court’s rejection of its extradition request to prosecute Julian Assange for journalistic activity under the Espionage Act. Rather than going free, the WikiLeaks founder will continue to languish in Belmarsh Prison where he has already spent over two and a half years despite having been convicted of no crime.
This ruling, which allows the U.S. to continue working to extradite a journalist for exposing U.S. war crimes, comes on the final day of Washington’s so-called “Summit for Democracy“, where the U.S. secretary of state made a grandiose show about of press freedom playing “an indispensable role in informing the public, holding governments accountable, and telling stories that otherwise would not be told.” And then adding: “The U.S. will continue to stand up for the brave and necessary work of journalists around the world.”

This ruling also comes on UN Human Rights Day.
This ruling comes on the same day two journalists formally received the Nobel Peace Prizes they’d been awarded and demanded protections for journalists in their acceptance speeches.

This ruling comes as the U.S. government pledges hundreds of millions of dollars in support for “independent media” around the world in coordination with British state media.

This ruling comes after it was revealed that the C.I.A. drew up plans to kidnap and assassinate Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy after the 2017 Vault 7 releases embarrassed the agency.

This ruling comes after it was revealed that C.I.A. proxies spied on Assange and his lawyers at the Ecuadorian embassy, thereby making a fair trial in the United States impossible

This ruling comes after it was revealed that the U.S. prosecution relied on false testimony from a diagnosed sociopath and convicted child molester.

The High Court has ruled that Julian #Assange can be extradited to the US. "How can it be fair, how can it be right, how can it be possible, to extradite Julian to the very country which plotted to kill him?" said Stella Moris. Mark this day as fascism casts off its disguises.
John Pilger

The facts are in and the case is closed: the U.S. and its allies do not care about press freedoms beyond the extent that they can be used to conduct propaganda. The way journalists who offend the powerful are dealt with by the U.S. government and the way they are dealt with by the Saudi monarchy differ only in terms of speed and messiness.
https://consortiumnews.com/2021/12/10/assange-the-masks-are-crumbling/

In response to that January victory for Assange, the Biden DOJ appealed the ruling and convinced Judge Baraitser to deny Assange bail and ordered him imprisoned pending appeal. The U.S. then offered multiple assurances that Assange would be treated "humanely" in U.S. prison once he was extradited and convicted. They guaranteed that he would not be held in the most repressive "supermax” prison in Florence, Colorado — whose conditions are so repressive that it has been condemned and declared illegal by numerous human rights groups around the world — nor, vowed U.S. prosecutors, would he be subjected to the most extreme regimen of restrictions and isolation called Special Administrative Measures ("SAMs”) unless subsequent behavior by Assange justified it. American prosecutors also agreed that they would consent to any request from Assange that, once convicted, he could serve his prison term in his home country of Australia rather than the U.S. Those guarantees, ruled the High Court this morning, rendered the U.S. extradition request legal under British law. What makes the High Court's faith in these guarantees from the U.S. Government particularly striking is that it comes less than two months after Yahoo News reported that the CIA and other U.S. security state agencies hate Assange so much that they plotted to kidnap or even assassinate him during the time he had asylum protection from Ecuador. Despite all that, Lord Justice Timothy Holroyde announced today that “the court is satisfied that these assurances” will serve to protect Assange's physical and mental health.
Because the acts of Assange that serve as the basis of the U.S. indictment are acts in which investigative journalists routinely engage with their sources, press freedom and civil liberties groups throughout the West vehemently condemned the Assange indictment as one of the gravest threats to press freedoms in years. In February, following Assange's victory in court, “a coalition of civil liberties and human rights groups urged the Biden administration to drop efforts to extradite” Assange, as The New York Times put it.

That coalition — which includes the ACLU, Amnesty International, the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University and the Committee to Protect Journalists — warned that the Biden DOJ's ongoing attempt to extradite and prosecute Assange is “a grave threat to press freedom,” adding that “much of the conduct described in the indictment is conduct that journalists engage in routinely — and that they must engage in in order to do the work the public needs them to do.” Kenneth Roth, Director of Human Rights Watch, told The New York Times that “most of the charges against Assange concern activities that are no different from those used by investigative journalists around the world every day.” Shortly after the indictment was issued, I explained in a Washington Post op-ed why the theory on which the indictment was based “would make journalism a felony” (and indeed, just eight months after I wrote that op-ed warning of the dangers to all journalists, the Brazilian government copied the U.S. indictment of Assange and the theories it embraced in its unsuccessful effort to prosecute me for the reporting I did that exposed corruption by senior Brazilian security officials and prosecutors)....
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/julian-assange-loses-appeal-british

A New Kind of Tyranny: The Global State’s War on Those Who Speak Truth to Power [SHORT]
https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/a_new_kind_of_tyranny_the_global_states_war_on_tho se_who_speak_truth_to_power_short

revelarts
12-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Three Stories That Further Illustrate Why US Government Can't Be Trusted In Assange Case

U.S. "Assurances" are BS.
https://thedissenter.org/three-stories-that-further-demonstrate-why-us-government-cant-be-trusted-in-assange-case/

Hot Dogger
12-11-2021, 02:10 PM
Julian Assange and I have much in common. In 1999, after the West Nile Virus outbreak occurred, I spoke publicly about my having been a USAMRIID MRV and my logistics role in the West Nile Virus disease protocol vector study. I was dosed with BZ by the CIA and as a result, spent two months in a rubber room at Hines VA Hospital. I've never been the same since that time, I'm now far more intelligent, I know now to never trust in government.

And unlike Dr. Olson, who was in fact found to have been murdered by the CIA, I survived. And I did so only because a spook who haunted Building 1412 (The CIA Building) had told me, "When you leave this place, don't say anything about what you've seen, it won't be god for your heath." I had that tiny chink in sanity keeping me going.

Screw the CIA, they're just a bunch a passive-aggressive pussies. Hang in there, Julian.