PDA

View Full Version : Almost HALF of Americans Agree ‘Abortion Is The Same As Murdering A Child'

jimnyc
12-11-2021, 04:50 PM
I wonder what the stunning part is?

Is it that today in America, half of the people think abortion is basically murdering a child?
Or is it that half of America thinks it is ok?

I believe that in very few cases that abortion should be allowable, and that is obviously for rape, and also if Mom's life is on the line.

If someone terminates a pregnancy because they think they aren't ready to be a parent yet, they should have planned. If someone terminates because they say they cannot afford to have a child, again, they should have planned properly. Too many plan to terminate and/or d0o terminate due to convenience. All fit the bill, IMO.

----

STUNNING POLL: Almost HALF of Americans Agree ‘Abortion Is The Same As Murdering A Child’

In a new poll, a stunningly large number of Americans agree, to some degree, that “abortion is the same as murdering a child.”

Respondents to a new The Economist/YouGov Poll poll released this week were asked a raft of questions about abortion rights, likely due to the cases that are being considered by the Supreme Court.

Last week, the court heard arguments in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, a case challenging a Mississippi law that prohibits abortion at 15 weeks, well before Roe v. Wade‘s “viability” standard.

And this week, the court declined to halt an even more strict Texas law.

As has consistently been the case, very few respondents — only 31 percent — say they want to see Roe overturned. A slim majority of 51 percent say they do not want to see Roe overturned, with the remainder responding “Not sure.”

But a shockingly high number of Americans take a very harsh view of terminating a pregnancy.

Respondents to the poll were asked “Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Abortion is the same as murdering a child.”

A stunning 45 percent said they agree with that statement, with 31 percent saying they “strongly agree” and another 14 percent saying they “somewhat agree.”

Rest - https://www.mediaite.com/news/stunning-poll-almost-half-of-americans-agree-abortion-is-the-same-as-murdering-a-child/

Kathianne
12-11-2021, 04:58 PM
I wonder what the stunning part is?

Is it that today in America, half of the people think abortion is basically murdering a child?
Or is it that half of America thinks it is ok?

I believe that in very few cases that abortion should be allowable, and that is obviously for rape, and also if Mom's life is on the line.

If someone terminates a pregnancy because they think they aren't ready to be a parent yet, they should have planned. If someone terminates because they say they cannot afford to have a child, again, they should have planned properly. Too many plan to terminate and/or d0o terminate due to convenience. All fit the bill, IMO.

----

STUNNING POLL: Almost HALF of Americans Agree ‘Abortion Is The Same As Murdering A Child’

In a new poll, a stunningly large number of Americans agree, to some degree, that “abortion is the same as murdering a child.”

Respondents to a new The Economist/YouGov Poll poll released this week were asked a raft of questions about abortion rights, likely due to the cases that are being considered by the Supreme Court.

Last week, the court heard arguments in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, a case challenging a Mississippi law that prohibits abortion at 15 weeks, well before Roe v. Wade‘s “viability” standard.

And this week, the court declined to halt an even more strict Texas law.

As has consistently been the case, very few respondents — only 31 percent — say they want to see Roe overturned. A slim majority of 51 percent say they do not want to see Roe overturned, with the remainder responding “Not sure.”

But a shockingly high number of Americans take a very harsh view of terminating a pregnancy.

Respondents to the poll were asked “Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? Abortion is the same as murdering a child.”

A stunning 45 percent said they agree with that statement, with 31 percent saying they “strongly agree” and another 14 percent saying they “somewhat agree.”

Rest - https://www.mediaite.com/news/stunning-poll-almost-half-of-americans-agree-abortion-is-the-same-as-murdering-a-child/
I'm not surprised. If the question were specific to time in utero, it would be even higher, I'm certain.

The changes in some laws have been creeping in changing some people's attitudes towards abortion and I'm not talking about TX, but very late term, especially up to delivery. This has been happening concurrent with advances in imaging and it is part of the reason that some extremist pro- abortion folks are shocked how muted the reaction to possible SCOTUS ruling has been.

Hot Dogger
12-11-2021, 05:08 PM
Then those people should raise all of the world's unwanted children. And in the religion of those children's parents.

Gunny
12-11-2021, 06:17 PM
Then those people should raise all of the world's unwanted children. And in the religion of those children's parents.The taxpayer is "raising" the "World's unwanted children" one way or the other. Camouflaging the fact with words doesn't change the deed a bit.

I, for one, would be more than happy for my tax dollars to fund proper facilities for raising "unwanted" children in lieu of tax dollars -- the People's money --funding Planned Parenthood.

Personal responsibility would make the majority of this issue go away. That would require changing the mindset where no one is accountable for one's actions that permeates every crevice of this society.