PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wallace quits Fox and runs to CNN

jimnyc
12-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Anyone surprised? I'm not.

---

FNC’s Chris Wallace Announces Departure — ‘This Is My Final Fox News Sunday’

Sunday, at the close of his program, “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace announced his departure from the program he has hosted for the past 18 years.

Wallace, who took over for the late Tony Snow in 2003, told his viewers Sunday’s broadcast would be his last.

“Finally, a personal note — after 18 years, this is my final ‘Fox News Sunday,'” Wallace said. “It is the last time, and I say this with real sadness, we will meet like this. Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at Fox promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question. I asked. And they kept that promise. I have been free to report to the best of my ability, to cover those stories I think are important, to hold our country’s leaders to account. It’s been a great ride. We’ve covered five presidential elections interviewed every president since George H.W. Bush, traveled the world — sitting down with France’s Emmanuel Macron and Russia’s Vladimir Putin.”

“And I’ve gotten to spend Sunday mornings with you,” he continued. “It may sound corny, but I feel we built. a community here. There’s a lot you can do on Sunday mornings. The fact you’ve chosen to spend this hour with us is something I cherish. But after 18 years, I have decided to leave Fox. I want to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I’m interested in. I’m ready for a new adventure. And I hope you’ll check it out. And so for the last time, dear friends, that’s it for today. Have a great week. And I hope you’ll keep watching ‘Fox News Sunday.'”

UPDATE:

Wallace will reportedly join CNN+, CNN’s streaming service set to launch in 2022.

“A person familiar with the matter suggested Wallace may be jumping to CNN Plus, the new streaming-video service slated to launch early next year,” Variety’s Brian Steinberg reported. “Spokespersons for CNN could not be [reached] for immediate comment.”

UPDATE:

CNN confirmed Wallace will join CNN+ in a press release on Sunday.

“I am thrilled to join CNN+. After decades in broadcast and cable news, I am excited to explore the world of streaming. I look forward to the new freedom and flexibility streaming affords in interviewing major figures across the news landscape—and finding new ways to tell stories,” Wallace said in the release. “As I embark on this adventure, I am honored and delighted to join Jeff Zucker and his great team. I can’t wait to get started.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/12/fncs-chris-wallace-announces-departure-this-is-my-final-fox-news-sunday/

Kathianne
12-12-2021, 02:56 PM
I still like Chris Wallace, he's always been straight up news, tough but not nasty. I think FOX has let Carlson free reign to really make the news department antsy. He's gone beyond the dems are evil to full blown conspiracy all the time.

It seems though that this is what many on the right want and they are getting it.

Gunny
12-12-2021, 03:01 PM

---

Sunday, at the close of his program, “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace announced his departure from the program he has hosted for the past 18 years.

Wallace, who took over for the late Tony Snow in 2003, told his viewers Sunday’s broadcast would be his last.

“Finally, a personal note — after 18 years, this is my final ‘Fox News Sunday,'” Wallace said. “It is the last time, and I say this with real sadness, we will meet like this. Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at Fox promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question. I asked. And they kept that promise. I have been free to report to the best of my ability, to cover those stories I think are important, to hold our country’s leaders to account. It’s been a great ride. We’ve covered five presidential elections interviewed every president since George H.W. Bush, traveled the world — sitting down with France’s Emmanuel Macron and Russia’s Vladimir Putin.”

“And I’ve gotten to spend Sunday mornings with you,” he continued. “It may sound corny, but I feel we built. a community here. There’s a lot you can do on Sunday mornings. The fact you’ve chosen to spend this hour with us is something I cherish. But after 18 years, I have decided to leave Fox. I want to try something new, to go beyond politics to all the things I’m interested in. I’m ready for a new adventure. And I hope you’ll check it out. And so for the last time, dear friends, that’s it for today. Have a great week. And I hope you’ll keep watching ‘Fox News Sunday.'”

UPDATE:

Wallace will reportedly join CNN+, CNN’s streaming service set to launch in 2022.

“A person familiar with the matter suggested Wallace may be jumping to CNN Plus, the new streaming-video service slated to launch early next year,” Variety’s Brian Steinberg reported. “Spokespersons for CNN could not be [reached] for immediate comment.”

UPDATE:

“I am thrilled to join CNN+. After decades in broadcast and cable news, I am excited to explore the world of streaming. I look forward to the new freedom and flexibility streaming affords in interviewing major figures across the news landscape—and finding new ways to tell stories,” Wallace said in the release. “As I embark on this adventure, I am honored and delighted to join Jeff Zucker and his great team. I can’t wait to get started.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/12/fncs-chris-wallace-announces-departure-this-is-my-final-fox-news-sunday/Not surprised a bit. Never trust a man with no chin :)

I've never liked him and consider him weak.

Gunny
12-12-2021, 03:03 PM
I still like Chris Wallace, he's always been straight up news, tough but not nasty. I think FOX has let Carlson free reign to really make the news department antsy. He's gone beyond the dems are evil to full blown conspiracy all the time.

It seems though that this is what many on the right want and they are getting it.Agreed on Carlson. He's a bit out there for my taste. On the other hand, there are all those angry little trolls at CNN/MSNBC to compare him to and I'm sure the response is: "He's no worse than blah, blah, blah ...". Doesn't make it right.

Kathianne
12-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Agreed on Carlson. He's a bit out there for my taste. On the other hand, there are all those angry little trolls at CNN/MSNBC to compare him to and I'm sure the response is: "He's no worse than blah, blah, blah ...". Doesn't make it right.

I really haven't watched other news outlets other than during elections to lol.

Bret Baier may well be next.

BoogyMan
12-12-2021, 05:44 PM
I quit watching Fox a long time ago and turned them on just recently and was shocked when Carlson's show came on. He has taken a radical turn. What it this I hear about a pay per view series he has done on 1/6?

It seems though that this is what many on the right want and they are getting it.

MtnBiker
12-13-2021, 09:03 AM
Chris Wallace goes to CNN.

CNN still doesn’t have an alpha male.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-13-2021, 09:46 AM

---

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/12/fncs-chris-wallace-announces-departure-this-is-my-final-fox-news-sunday/

Could not stand the ffing vermin.
Another one of those that is blind, arrogant as hell and in with the worthless people, imho.
To bad that he does not retire and live on his ill gotten gains from his lying career.----Tyr

darin
12-13-2021, 09:47 AM
I truly hope Wallace succeeds with CNN.

fj1200
12-13-2021, 09:48 AM
He doesn't fit in my box of acceptable positions!!!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!

:shakesfist:

fj1200
12-13-2021, 09:52 AM
I truly hope Wallace succeeds with CNN.

I would suggest he can only raise the level of integrity over there.

Kathianne
12-13-2021, 10:38 AM
I quit watching Fox a long time ago and turned them on just recently and was shocked when Carlson's show came on. He has taken a radical turn. What it this I hear about a pay per view series he has done on 1/6?
It's their streaming channel. Most of the 'regulars' have specials that are focused on their interests, which many have written articles or books about: history; riots of 2020/21; travel; religion; ect.

Some occasional guests including authors, musicians, etc. Have their own weekly, monthly, or specials. They've started some original movies.

Tucker's is a bit different. From my understanding it's usually weekly with specials thrown in. He uses his daily program for long excerpts which are commercials. He's brought in guest hosts to cover on daily when traveling for other, appearing on regular as 'guest' to plug what he's working on. From what I've surmised mostly these are focused on topics that likely wouldn't fly on regular program, they're aimed towards the hard far fight and conspiracies. Some have sounded interesting, most strike me as very 'out there.'

NightTrain
12-13-2021, 11:15 AM
Wallace is a democrat, and therefore suspect. That said, he still respects his profession enough to take people to task, regardless of party. I remember he cornered Slick Willy years ago in a sit-down interview and when Clinton realized the setup, he got very pissed - "Look at you, sitting there so smart and smug!"

You have to respect that, at least.

CNN has new owners and they've said they want to get back to some kind of professional news standards, and the biggest share holder has said the same. Zucker's contract is up at the end of the year and is out very soon, and Coumo made it easy to get rid of himself. Coumo's producer is headed to Club Fed for the next couple of decades for molesting young girls as well.

Lemon's homo sexual harassment/assault trial is set to start very soon, that will give them another opportunity to painlessly clean house there, too.

Tater is an intellectual lightweight and shouldn't prove to be difficult to get rid of.

I think we'll be seeing a very different CNN in the next few months. Honestly, I'm surprised that it was allowed to go this long... I remember when it was the standard for news not that long ago. People roll their eyes when someone brings a CNN story to the table these days. When even MSNBC is kicking your ass in ratings, you know there's something very wrong and drastic action is needed.

NightTrain
12-13-2021, 11:38 AM
As far as Tucker goes, I like him a lot.

How can you not applaud the epic takedowns? I've seen him sitting there with a woke moonbat on his show, and as they open into their nonsense he'll cock his head and put a dumb, confused look on his face.

The lib sees his 'I'm stupid and confused' look and go for the kill - and in the eager rush to finish Tucker, spouts the nonsense that Tucker is waiting for, and that's when the pain starts. He makes them look like the fools they are, almost every time.

He's got to have a 90% kill ratio. When I see him baiting them with his 'I'm dumb' look, I'm watching closely for the glorious beatdown that's coming.

You'd think that libs invited to his show would do some research on his tactics and take note of his quick intelligence, but they never do. I love the look of horror on their faces as they get dismantled on National TV as their
liberal bubble pops.

It's real easy to spout woke bullshit on Twitter as your horde of fellow delusional moonbats stroke you, it's entirely another matter altogether when you're under the spotlight solo in Tucker's lair and there's nowhere to hide. The panic is schadenfreude defined.

How can you guys not like that?