PDA

View Full Version : Sen. McConnell Discusses Tornado Recovery Efforts, Build Back Better

Gunny
12-17-2021, 04:02 PM
I find it somewhat interesting that McConnell is in the headlines more than the Senate Majority Leader. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Especially since the Majority Leader is a Dem and the MSM love fawning over their every word?

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:59 AM PT – Friday, December 17, 2021Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) discussed the recent series of destructive tornadoes impacting his home state of Kentucky as well as five other states. During a news conference on Thursday, McConnell addressed recovery efforts for states affected by the fatal storms, along with the Democrats’ trillion-dollar spending bill, inflation, and the ongoing border crisis.
Joe Biden approved federal aid for the states’ recovery process on Wednesday, covering the entire cost of debris removal and families who are in need of medical resources. McConnell took action by calling on hospitals to provide as much support as possible for victims who need medical treatment.
The minority leader further went on to discuss the Biden administration’s Build Back Better bill and how nothing about it was bipartisan until after the infrastructure bill was passed. With the help of several GOP senators and a few Democrats speaking out against the left’s habit of over spending unnecessarily, the social spending measure most likely won’t pass until 2022.

“The Democrats wanted to put the whole thing together, both hard infrastructure and what they called soft infrastructure,” said McConnell. “So, I think it was a good idea for the country and a good idea for Republicans to step up, demonstrating that we could do something on a bipartisan basis that was overwhelmingly approved by the American people.”
The Kentucky senator further applauded the efforts of moderate Democrats like Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) for refusing to vote in favor of his party’s bill until several adjustments are made, including lowering its trillion-dollar cost. All the pressure lies on the West Virginia senator whose vote will be crucial for Democrats to have a chance at passing the legislation in an evenly divided Senate. His ongoing push for a more bipartisan compromise has sparked rumors of Manchin potentially switching parties.
“Well, Senator Manchin likes to talk to you, he likes to talk to everybody. I enjoy our conversations,” said McConnell. “It would not surprise you to know that I have suggested for years it would be a great idea in the Democratic Party.”
Meanwhile, Manchin has yet to disclose how he will vote in regards to the bill in order for Democrats to initiate another attempt.
https://www.oann.com/sen-mcconnell-discusses-tornado-recovery-efforts-build-back-better/