PDA

View Full Version : Should You Move to Escape Tyranny?

tailfins
12-19-2021, 05:17 PM
I would change the word tyranny to absurdity. Personally, I'm considering places both in and outside the US depending on circumstances. One wild card is how insistent are information technology managers of remote work being done inside the US. Urban housing prices are becoming unworkable in the US. Whether that means some place like Amarillo or someplace else like Monterrey, Mexico, I don't know. If all that's needed is a US domicile, Escapees RV club can provide that: escapees.com . I think what they do is rent you a primitive tent site by the month, which legally qualifies as a "domicile".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0fgT_KE2M

fj1200
12-19-2021, 05:43 PM
But where is less tyrannical?

tailfins
12-19-2021, 07:19 PM

There are lots of places that beyond putting up signs to make the inspector happy, don't enforce anything COVID related if you have money to spend. Many of those are in Mexico. Here in the US, there are also places like that. I spent July 4, 2020 in Pollock, Louisiana. They mostly ignored any COVID-related restrictions and the authorities didn't seem to care. There are plenty of places like that, you just have to look for them.

fj1200
12-19-2021, 08:30 PM
There are lots of places that beyond putting up signs to make the inspector happy, don't enforce anything COVID related if you have money to spend. Many of those are in Mexico. Here in the US, there are also places like that. I spent July 4, 2020 in Pollock, Louisiana. They mostly ignored any COVID-related restrictions and the authorities didn't seem to care. There are plenty of places like that, you just have to look for them.

I think that was partly my point. For the most part I wouldn't put most other countries down as less tyrannical as the US and Mexico in particular even if parts were less tyrranical there are plenty of other downsides.

revelarts
12-20-2021, 01:32 AM

Billionaire land.
Anywhere in the world with a billion+ dollars.
You have the freedom to literally, nearly do anything you want.

tailfins
12-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Billionaire land.
Anywhere in the world with a billion+ dollars.
You have the freedom to literally, nearly do anything you want.

That's not the case for most people. To reverse the idea, there are places to avoid because they obviously have disagreeable circumstances. Australia and NYC come to mind.