PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Ticket

SassyLady
12-20-2021, 09:54 PM
DeSantis/Manchin

Kathianne
12-20-2021, 10:02 PM
I'm happy Manchin is representing WV, as he was elected to do. He's still more liberal than conservative.

He said himself, that IF he were to leave D party, he'd be I and caucus with Dems.

All in all, he seems to have announced his, "No vote," more out of pique at White House staff and some congressional members than any other reasons. I was just reading that he may resume talks with Biden after the break.

BoogyMan
12-20-2021, 10:39 PM
I have to wonder, with the level of hatred aimed at the man, if his original commentary will still hold true. His party has wholly turned on him and in a truly vicious way.

I'm happy Manchin is representing WV, as he was elected to do. He's still more liberal than conservative.

He said himself, that IF he were to leave D party, he'd be I and caucus with Dems.

All in all, he seems to have announced his, "No vote," more out of pique at White House staff and some congressional members than any other reasons. I was just reading that he may resume talks with Biden after the break.

jimnyc
12-21-2021, 01:50 PM
I think Desantis started running quite some time back. I like him a lot and would definitely support him. I think there will be even more, but these may be the frontrunners thus far for the GOP ticket.

Ron DeSantis - like a 9 from me
Donald Trump - Not my first choice and would take DeSantis over him in primary voting. Also Haley. But if he made final vote, he would have my support again. Too unstable, and all of the bullshit would return immediately and I think they would do the same and make us all miserable, regardless of his performance. He could be a 10 with some things and a 1 on other things.
Mike Pence - Too stiff for me. About a 6
Ted Cruz - Just above at 7
Nikki Haley - another 9, always loved her! Like Condi more but she ain't running.
Mike Pompeo - about a 4 or 5 from me
Tom Cotton - I do like him, about a 7 from me
Kristi Noem - Meh, just mediocre, about a 6
Liz Cheney - 0 not happening
Chris Christie - Also not happening, about a 3
Marco Rubio - Like him more than I used to, but still only a 5 or 6 from me.

So I guess out of frontrunners appearing to be in, my favorites are Haley, DeSantis, Cotton... maybe Cruz at a low 7 but he's touchy at times. May be hard to get elected. DeSantis/Haley - Haley/DeSantis would be nice!

Joe Manchin - Not going to grade him as I would never vote for him. I think he's one of the more solid Democrats but admittedly only like him because he hasn't fully voted on all they wanted. But would he be someone Republicans can fully get behind? And to expect him to support most GOP initiatives? I don't think that would happen from what I have seen. I like him, but not as a GOP leader of any kind. IMO.

tailfins
12-21-2021, 04:29 PM
For me it's a tossup between DeSantis or Trump. Having Trump as the nominee would force those who run social media to either stay out of Trump's way or make it obvious that rigging an election is part of their agenda. The latter would backfire on them.

I would like to see Ben Sasse for VP.

icansayit
12-21-2021, 06:16 PM
Look at how Biden and company have destroyed everything in under a year.

I stand by my warnings from my Late Father. "DO NOT TRUST ANY POLITICIAN."

That came from a man who was a Teamster in a union that told all of it's members HOW MUCH they needed to pay...TO KEEP THEIR JOBS, and get UNION protection.
That was back in the late 50's early 60's and on until he passed in 1982.
The straw that would have broken his back came...after he died, and the Union denied my mother his pension, leaving her near pennyless if it hadn't been for my sister and I.

POLITICIANS and UNIONS are the deep corruption all connected by MONEY. Our money, and their greed. Need a modern example? TEACHERS UNIONS, and THE SERVICE UNIONS. All support the crooks in Washington.

revelarts
12-22-2021, 10:32 AM
Ron Paul / DeSantis

Would there be vaccine mandates or vaccine passports or trade blockages with these guys.

a Big complaint was that Paul was an "isolationist".
Would he close trade and create this supply chain BS over a .08% death rate "pandemic". no.
He wanted to leave Afghanistan so did Trump.
He wanted to leave Iraq so did Trump.
Wanted to protect the boarders.
I could go on... but i won't

But to me the whole of the Republican & Democrat field has drifted farther and farther out into the sea of unreality.
the looting and corruption of the gov't and the ever increasing unconstitutional assumptions has made it difficult for many to even conceive of moving towards constitutional gov't and "FAIR" Market again. It's to "RADICAL" "crazy!"

The banks & corporations have captured the federal gov't 6 ways to Sunday.
And all the gov'ts powers have gone beyond it's limits with the Surveillance Security State/Military Industrial Complex and the now in your face Big Pharma.

Trump never had a handle on what he was dealing with.
And too many partisans still think it's just "those %$#* democrats" or the "the %$#* republicans".

Couple of questions
Whens the last time there was a big structural move to MORE constitutional freedoms from republicans?
Whens the last time there was an honest move to a Balanced Budget from republicans?
Whens the last time there was a big structural move to LESS gov't corruption via republicans?
Whens the last time there was a big structural move to LESS Crony Capitalism via republicans?
Whens the last time there was a big structural move to FOR the Traditional family, PRO LIFE regs, even Women's as women in sports via republicans?

How many years in a row have various corporations gotten MORE and MORE gov't benefits, get out of jail free cards, and bail outs under republicans (and democrats)?
(I swear if someone answers with some "tickle down" BS ... look just don't, corporations end up with the profits sitting at the TOP not tickling down, and many of you think that's great, so don't start talking out of both sides of your mouths.)

whatever...
good luck with the next "republican".

Gunny
12-22-2021, 11:37 AM
I have to wonder, with the level of hatred aimed at the man, if his original commentary will still hold true. His party has wholly turned on him and in a truly vicious way.Little different than I felt about John McCain.

jimnyc
12-25-2021, 03:14 PM
Ron Paul / DeSantis

He's been out of politics for a bit now, and quite frankly, I would rather see Rand Paul in there. I can see myself getting behind a Ron DeSantis / Rand Paul ticket.

jimnyc
12-26-2021, 03:26 PM
The good news going into 2024 is that the leaders on the Democrat card are Kamala Harris, AOC & Pete Buttigieg.

---

Top Five Democrats Who Could Run in 2024 If Biden Doesn't

Joe Biden’s first year as president is almost over, and people are already trying to find a replacement for him.

To dampen speculation, Biden said earlier this week that he was primed for another run in 2024 and would “relish” the challenge of going against Donald Trump in a rematch of 2020. But that’s boilerplate. It’s what the president is supposed to say to head off a brutal internecine fight between the radicals and the nearly radical.

How much longer he can hang on to the illusion that he will run in 2024 is hard to say. For the moment, the party isn’t clamoring for someone else, but who’s to say what it will be like in six months? A year?

Most of the maneuvering has been behind the scenes between Vice President Kamala Harris and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. But besides being chosen for a lofty position in the Biden administration, what attributes do either of these Democrats have to be president?

Harris’ shortcomings are many and obvious, despite herculean efforts by the national media to try and create a take-charge persona for the vice president. She is a fish out of water when on her own, as she was in France recently. And her knowledge of issues is an inch deep and a yard wide.

Voters would have to make a leap of faith to see her as president. (More like there would need to be massive cheating for her to win. She can't handle just ONE issue as VP)

Buttigieg is another matter. Unlike Harris, he’s not an ideological potato head. Instead, there is substance to him. Also unlike Harris, he is thoughtful.

But experience has to count for something. And serving as mayor of a mid-sized midwestern city doesn’t count for much.

How about the fake Native American, Elizabeth Warren?

The Hill: (https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/586948-ten-democrats-who-could-run-in-2024-if-biden-doesnt?rl=1)

In the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, Warren was seen as Sanders’s main progressive rival; however, Sanders has said it is very unlikely that he will run again in 2024.

The Morning Consult hypothetical Democratic primary poll showed Warren in third place with 8 percent support from potential Democratic primary voters. However, Warren said in May that she plans to run for reelection in the Senate.

Warren’s bona fides as a radical leftist are unquestioned. And she would be well-positioned to capture the entire Democratic far-left vote — as long as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn’t run.

And that’s an unlikely possibility.

The Democratic lawmaker tied with Warren at 8 percent support among potential Democratic primary voters in the Morning Consult survey.

Ocasio-Cortez, 32, would be eligible to run for president in 2024, but she appeared to brush off any presidential ambitions for the time being during an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash earlier this year.

“I struggle with this because I don’t want little girls watching or anything like that to lower their sights or anything in that direction. But for me, I feel that if that was in the scope of my ambition, it would chip away at my courage today,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “I think what happens a lot in politics is that people are so motivated to run for certain higher office that they compromise in fighting for people today. And the idea is that if you can be as clean of a slate or as blank of a slate, that it makes it easier for you to run for higher office later on.”

AOC is very young — just 32 years old. She may go the old-fashioned route of rung-climbing, running for the Senate first in 2022 against the powerful Majority Leader Senator Chuck Schumer. But as noted, her youth puts no pressure on her to make any precipitous political moves.

The biggest drawbacks for AOC are that she doesn’t appear to be very bright and has horrible political instincts. She just might be dumb enough to rush everything and go for the brass ring now rather than waiting for it to eventually fall in her lap. (The biggest drawbacks for AOC is her own mouth and quotes. She is by far the biggest idiot on the left)

Other longshots include Georgia’s political gadfly Stacey Abrams and California’s Gov. Gavin Newsom. Both are too obviously running for president already and can be dismissed as not having a stomach to match the size of their appetite.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/12/26/top-five-democrats-who-could-run-in-2024-if-biden-doesnt-n1544583

10 Democrats who could run in 2024 if Biden doesn't

Kamala Harris
Pete Buttigieg
Elizabeth Warren
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Cory Booker
Gavin Newsom
Amy Klobuchar
Stacey Abrams
Roy Cooper
Mitch Landrieu

Rest - https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/586948-ten-democrats-who-could-run-in-2024-if-biden-doesnt?rl=1