PDA

View Full Version : What if Media Covered the War on Democracy Like an Actual War?

BoogyMan
12-20-2021, 10:36 PM
The DNC aligned MSM have lost their collective minds. Manchin telling them to pound sand may have pushed them past the point at which they can maintain what little sanity they held to is able to stand in front of the insane giggling monster than lurks behind it. How long before these people are calling for violence with a level of righteous indignation heretofore unseen? I really don't think it will be long.

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2021/12/war-on-democracy-media/

...As we wind down a year that began with a televised insurrection and ends with detailed reporting on what a 2024 coup could look like, it’s more important than ever to stay grounded in that story. Call it the Big Story, in contrast to the Big Lie. It’s what we at Mother Jones are focused on for next year, and I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t say that right now is the most important time of year for our fundraising, and I hope you’ll support our reporting with a year-end donation to help us reach our urgent $350,000 online goal.

The Big Story did not begin on November 3, 2020, but it did enter a new chapter that day. Remember those surreal weeks, just barely a year ago? Protesters banging on doors at ballot-counting centers, Rudy Giuliani holding forth outside a landscaping shop, election officials reporting vile threats to their families?

And remember, too, the hope that the end of chaos was near? One by one, the states certified the election. Joe Biden calmly assembled his cabinet. As the holidays neared, it seemed as if we could breathe a cautious sigh of relief. The system had held.

This time...