PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Arrives To Scene Of Shooting, Finds Son’s Dead Body

jimnyc
01-04-2022, 12:10 PM
This has to be the worst. I couldn't imagine. No parent should ever have to bury their child is what they say, and certainly no parent should have to find the lifeless body of their child. What this poor woman saw will probably haunt her now. :(

---

Police Officer Arrives To Scene Of Shooting, Finds Son’s Dead Body

A police officer in Mississippi responded to a shooting early Sunday to find the victim was her 20-year-old son, who had been shot dead.

“We initially responded to the call, not knowing when I made it over there, the person was going to be my son that was laying there,” Officer Laquandia Cooley of Hazlehurst, Mississippi, told WLBT.

Cooley arrived at the scene to find her son, Charles Stewart Jr., lying in the middle of the street, dead, after being shot in the head, the outlet reported.

“As we get out, I look and I was like, ‘This is my son, this is my son,’” Cooley said. “So, I literally just go into a break down you know? Like, why? Who would do this to my son?”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2022/01/04/police-officer-son-mississippi/

Kathianne
01-04-2022, 12:17 PM
So sad, I just can't imagine. Good on the department for turning over the investigation to different LEO department.

fj1200
01-04-2022, 12:39 PM
Heartwrenching.

jimnyc
01-04-2022, 12:53 PM
Heartwrenching.

I'm not sure how I would react. I may start shooting, and would most likely want to start the search myself that moment. But you can't as an officer. All the more harsh for her, as she must deal with what she saw, her loss of her child & then grieving over a crime she cannot get involved in.

SassyLady
01-04-2022, 01:07 PM
My uncle used to be a Texas State Trooper. He was one of the first cops to arrive at the Lubys Restaurant massacre back in 1991. He knew some of the victims. He had counseling and continued working but it truly affected him. The day he went to a fatal traffic accident and realized the teens inside were friends of his kids ... he quit.

That trauma on top of the massacre was more than he could take.

Kathianne
01-04-2022, 01:59 PM
My uncle used to be a Texas State Trooper. He was one of the first cops to arrive at the Lubys Restaurant massacre back in 1991. He knew some of the victims. He had counseling and continued working but it truly affected him. The day he went to a fatal traffic accident and realized the teens inside were friends of his kids ... he quit.

That trauma on top of the massacre was more than he could take.

The job has high costs, even in the best of times-which certainly isn't today. It takes special people, who do have their breaking points.

BoogyMan
01-04-2022, 06:41 PM
I cannot even imagine how something like this would affect me. My kids and I are pretty tight and seeing something like that would destroy me. That officer deserves our best thoughts for sure.