PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Beware: Coulter's Latest Book Is Offensive... and Hilarious!

stephanie
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
:clap:

Liberals Beware: Coulter's Latest Book Is Offensive... and Hilarious!
By Lisa De Pasquale
Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Send an email to Lisa De Pasquale Email It
Print It
Take Action
Read Article & Comments (100) Trackbacks Post Your Comments

Best-selling author Ann Coulter has been reducing liberals to "sputtering rage" for nearly a decade. During that time, the Left has hopefully, but inaccurately, declared the end of her career more a dozen times. In Coulter's new book, If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans, she writes, "Uttering lines that send liberals into paroxysms of rage, otherwise known as 'citing facts,' is the spice of life. When I see the hot spittle flying from their mouths and the veins bulging and pulsing above their eyes, well, that's when I feel truly alive."

I've reviewed several of Coulter's books, but this review is a little different. I'll let Coulter explain: "I also wish to thank Lisa De Pasquale who reviewed tapes, Nexis transcripts, eight years of columns, five books, and random interviews to gather the bulk of the quotes used in this book. Lisa is now America's leading Ann Coulter historian." (Let the hate mail begin!)

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans is like Cliff's Notes for liberals who are perennially shocked and conservatives that are in on the joke. The many Coulter fans that read her column every week and bought her previous five best sellers may wonder if the new book will be new to them. In addition to lengthy chapter introductions, most of this book will be new to fans.

What bothers Coulter's detractors more – her rhetoric, her success, or that she's even allowed to talk? Even before her media tour began, the liberal crackpots at Media Matters are already demanding that NBC, CNBC and MSNBC stop hosting her on their programs and boycott the blonde commentator. By the way, I should take this time to thank Media Matters for their unintentional help. Their obsession with transcribing Coulter's TV and radio interviews was quite useful while researching for the book. When If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans becomes a New York Times best seller, perhaps Media Matters will boycott itself.

Coulter's new book is a reminder of her battles with the leftist language police. While the details of her "career-ending" moments might be fuzzy, the words are still here in black and white. Reporters ask "Is this the end of Ann Coulter?" while her fans, new and old, roll their eyes and buy books for themselves and their friends. Most importantly, Coulter doesn't just weather the storm, she makes her targets irrelevant and in politics, that's the worst thing to be.

read the rest..
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LisaDePasquale/2007/10/02/liberals_beware_coulters_latest_book_is_offensive_ and_hilarious!

Guernicaa
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow, this is sort of off topic, but I've seen better written "reviews" and English papers from my peers than I have from this bitch.

Lisa better go back to college.

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 04:14 PM
The sad thing is that Ann's probably got poor Stephie's money by now. That should account for about a third of her revenues from this book. :(

stephanie
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
The sad thing is that Ann's probably got poor Stephie's money by now. That should account for about a third of her revenues from this book. :(

Poor Stephy is free to spend her money any way she feels like....:dance:

Are you like Obama08, waiting with orgasmic shivers for when Miss Maxi Blumenthals book hits the shelves...???:coffee:

Abbey Marie
10-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Ann's new book:
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #5 in Books

http://www.amazon.com/Democrats-Had-Brains-Theyd-Republicans/dp/0307353451

truthmatters
10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
The 'wisdom' of Ann Coulter

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"If you don't hate Clinton and the people who labored to keep him in office, you don't love your country."---George, 7/99

"We're now at the point that it's beyond whether or not this guy is a horny hick. I really think it's a question of his mental stability. He really could be a lunatic. I think it is a rational question for Americans to ask whether their president is insane."---Equal Time

"It's enough [to be impeached] for the president to be a pervert."---The Case Against Bill Clinton, Coulter's 1998 book.

"Clinton is in love with the erect penis."---This Evening with Judith Regan, Fox News Channel 2/6/00

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start."---Politically Incorrect 5/7/97

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."---MSNBC 7/27/97

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."---Politically Incorrect, 12/18/97

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."---Hannity & Colmes 8/24/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married."---Rivera Live 6/7/00

jimnyc
10-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for sharing those quotes, TM! Those are absolutely priceless!!

Way to go, Ann!!! :clap::clap::laugh2::laugh2:

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Ann's new book:

http://www.amazon.com/Democrats-Had-Brains-Theyd-Republicans/dp/0307353451

You support Ann? If so, I feel the same way about you that you do about MFM. People who support her suck. And are just sick.

stephanie
10-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Alright Abbey..

You and I are now in an elite group...Typo thinks we suck...:dance:

truthmatters
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

So you agree with these?

stephanie
10-02-2007, 05:45 PM

So you agree with these?

Who is politically Incorrect?
And how do we know this is what she said...It's not like people have misquoted things she said, before...

The quote about the voting, I think is very funny...But, it's not like I take everything that Ann says's literally.....Like some do..:laugh2:

jimnyc
10-02-2007, 06:15 PM

So you agree with these?

Sounds good to me. If they took a literacy test then people like you will be disqualified from screwing up our country!

manu1959
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM

So you agree with these?

they are both funny and sarcastic ... yes ... i like them both ....

but sadly i do not belive that women should be armed....for every 28 days they would go on a killing spree......

as for the literacy test to vote? kind hard to vote if you can't read.....

Abbey Marie
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
You support Ann? If so, I feel the same way about you that you do about MFM. People who support her suck. And are just sick.

Hey Typo:
1. I don't know what the heck you are talking about
2. I don't care

dan
10-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Ann Coulter is the republican Michael Moore. Only, Michael Moore occassionally attempts to make changes, Ann just sits at her laptop and gets paid to spew vile things for the sake of rabblerousing.

stephanie
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't see anything wrong with a little rabblerousing..:cheers2:

diuretic
10-02-2007, 07:23 PM
For crying out loud, she's an entertainer! Does anyone really think she intends herself to be taken seriously? It's like Limbaugh, just for effect, for amusement.

I remember the first time I heard Limbaugh on the car radio on one of my trips around the States. I thought it was great. I was driving through southern Colorado and listen to old Rush banging on. I stopped in at Cortez, Colo and bought his first book at a really nice cafe/bookshop there. I thought he was a hoot! I didn't and don't take him seriously and I'm sure he doesn't take himself seriously either, like Coulter. She's making a mint out of the existence of political stereotypes and political prejudices and she's using one while serving the other and she is raking in the big bucks. But I'm sure she doesn't expect anyone in politics to take her seriously. I mean I think she would be horrified if her views became policy.

April15
10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
For crying out loud, she's an entertainer! Does anyone really think she intends herself to be taken seriously? It's like Limbaugh, just for effect, for amusement.

I remember the first time I heard Limbaugh on the car radio on one of my trips around the States. I thought it was great. I was driving through southern Colorado and listen to old Rush banging on. I stopped in at Cortez, Colo and bought his first book at a really nice cafe/bookshop there. I thought he was a hoot! I didn't and don't take him seriously and I'm sure he doesn't take himself seriously either, like Coulter. She's making a mint out of the existence of political stereotypes and political prejudices and she's using one while serving the other and she is raking in the big bucks. But I'm sure she doesn't expect anyone in politics to take her seriously. I mean I think she would be horrified if her views became policy.You mean she won't wear a burka when the religious conservatives get their way?

diuretic
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
You mean she won't wear a burka when the religious conservatives get their way?

She'd probably wear a scarf as a compromise :coffee:

typomaniac
10-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Alright Abbey..

You and I are now in an elite group...Typo thinks we suck...:dance:

Typo is usually right about such things... :cool:

stephanie
10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Typo is usually right about such things... :cool:

Typo wrong this time..:slap:

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 03:21 AM
I personally, am not a fan of verbally attacking people.

An idea is an idea. Be it liberal or conservative.

I disagree with ann tactics, the same way i disagree with michael moore's tactics, its not so much what they say, but how they say it.

Mean people suck, but im sure both sides have some good ideas.

However, i dont personally feel the need to spew hatred of any kind, and thats what america is reduced too

You disagree, therefore you are the enemy and im allowed to hate you and do whatever it takes to destroy

I wish we were a country that valued our differences enough to say, I disagree with you, but i will not attack your character, and i will fight for your right to express your beliefs and opinions.

Ann Coulter is the republican Michael Moore. Only, Michael Moore occassionally attempts to make changes, Ann just sits at her laptop and gets paid to spew vile things for the sake of rabblerousing.

dan
10-03-2007, 05:49 AM

I remember the first time I heard Limbaugh on the car radio on one of my trips around the States. I thought it was great. I was driving through southern Colorado and listen to old Rush banging on. I stopped in at Cortez, Colo and bought his first book at a really nice cafe/bookshop there. I thought he was a hoot! I didn't and don't take him seriously and I'm sure he doesn't take himself seriously either, like Coulter. She's making a mint out of the existence of political stereotypes and political prejudices and she's using one while serving the other and she is raking in the big bucks. But I'm sure she doesn't expect anyone in politics to take her seriously. I mean I think she would be horrified if her views became policy.

It's not so much that they take themselves seriously (though I think both she and Limbaugh are more self-important than you give them credit for), it's more that so many of their listeners take their word as gospel.

diuretic
10-03-2007, 05:54 AM
It's not so much that they take themselves seriously (though I think both she and Limbaugh are more self-important than you give them credit for), it's more that so many of their listeners take their word as gospel.

That's a fair comment, I do remember being somewhat startled by the Dittoheads and they were apparently very serious in praising up old Rushbo. He did well though, he didn't snigger once. I have to give him kudos for self control.

Abbey Marie
10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Typo wrong this time..:slap:

All is well, Stephanie. What would really concern me, is if someone like Typo found my posts agreeable. :>)

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
That's a fair comment, I do remember being somewhat startled by the Dittoheads and they were apparently very serious in praising up old Rushbo. He did well though, he didn't snigger once. I have to give him kudos for self control.

He has many who take him perfectly seriously and use his teachings to the voting booth with them.

He tells untruths all the time and many of his listeners dont know this and refuse the real facts because they consider what he says the gospel truth.

Trigg
10-03-2007, 11:45 AM
He has many who take him perfectly seriously and use his teachings to the voting booth with them.

He tells untruths all the time and many of his listeners dont know this and refuse the real facts because they consider what he says the gospel truth.

Nice....yep we're such sheep we'll believe anything.

This coming from a person who can never find anything wrong with anything the democrates do or say.

For the record, I used to listen to Rush. It's been a long time back though.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:09 PM
The NY Times choked when they put Laura Ingraham's new book )Power for the People) at #1 on their bestseller list

They will have a stroke when they have to put Ann's book in that slot

Hagbard Celine
10-03-2007, 05:16 PM

See, now you're just being deliberatly obtuse. How can you laud those quotes? Everything she says is a disgrace!

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:17 PM
See, now you're just being deliberatly obtuse. How can you laud those quotes? Everything she says is a disgrace!

Only to liberal moonbats who hate to hear the truth about liberals

truthmatters
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice....yep we're such sheep we'll believe anything.

This coming from a person who can never find anything wrong with anything the democrates do or say.

For the record, I used to listen to Rush. It's been a long time back though.

Then why did you assume I was talking about you if you dont listen to him?

stephanie
10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I swear...:laugh2:

Gaffer
10-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Everything she says is true and funny.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Everything she says is true and funny.

That is why she has had so many bestselling books, and makes more money everytime the left attacks her

Gaffer
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
That is why she has had so many bestselling books, and makes more money everytime the left attacks her

Which also makes her smart.

red states rule
10-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Which also makes her smart.

Beauty and brains all in one great package

Ann is very easy on the eyes

Trigg
10-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Then why did you assume I was talking about you if you dont listen to him?

You made a general statement about Republicans.

Nice how you ignored the section regarding your inability to find anything wrong with anything the dems do and say.

diuretic
10-04-2007, 01:30 AM

In his defence, he can't help lamebrains doing what they will do.

stephanie
10-04-2007, 01:43 AM

I take exception to that..:slap:

stephanie
10-04-2007, 02:02 AM
I listen to Rush occasionally..and surprise surprise, I have a mind of my own...

No matter what people think and say about the people who listen to Rush, we do not, the same with Ann Coulter...yuk yuk by golly follow their every word and bow down at their feet...

Now....you want to talk about a liberal and the "Democrats" are gods group.... not ever leaving the sheep herd..that's a subject for the paid psychiatrist..to try and figure out....
but since most psychiatrist are liberals......... that matter might NEVER BE SOLVED............:laugh2:

diuretic
10-04-2007, 08:11 AM
I take exception to that..:slap:

Did I say you were a lamebrain? :chillpill:

red states rule
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM

When libs can't take Rush down in the open market - they attack his listeneres